Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I've done several laps with default control set just now.
FFB is better than before. I'm trying to adapt to FFB I have now.

One thing I noticed is that if I cranked up "Steering Rack", FFB is going to be weak even if "Vertical Load" is maxed out. That seems strange a bit. R.I.P Steering Rack...

Anyway, thanks for taking your time, Andi & Peter.
I can enjoy the game now. And I bought DTM2014 just now!

not really , if i understand it correctly ; which i may not ;)....
if you have 80% steering rack , you will get 20%tyre forces and seeing as the vertical load is tyre related then you will only get 20% of that value ...;

i could be really wrong here as i said

Andi

I've been having the same issue with FFB but it's difficult to explain.

Going through fast corners etc my FFB feels great, but when it comes to tighter corners it becomes extremely heavy, it's fine until I turn it about 90 degree's and then I can barely turn it.

I've tried several different set up's and it's the same. Any ideas? :(

I have played with the same settings I had prior to yesterday's patch as it felt good as-is, sure doesn't feel floaty or vague to me. I run mostly 540 deg w/22 lock.

TM Control Panel
Rotation: 900 deg
Overall Strength: 100
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 0
Damper: 0
Auto Center: by the game

R3E - Controller - Advanced
Speed Sensitive Steering: 0
Min Steering Speed: 0
Max " " : 143
Analog Sector 1, 2, 3: 0
Return Multiplyer: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 50
Throttle " : 50
Brake " : 20
Clutch " : 50
Steering Deadzone: 0
Throttle " : 0
Brake " : 0
Clutch " : 5

Force Feedback
Force Feedback: On
Inverted " : Off
Gamepad Rumble: Off
Force Feedback Intensity: 70
Smoothing: 0

Steering Force Intensity: 100
Understeer: 100
Vertical Load: 200
Lateral Force: 150
Steering Rack: 100

Engine Vibrations: 12
Brake " : 30
Kerb " : 45
Shift Effect " : 75

Salt to taste.

Thanks William - you're a star - i'll give it a go later!

I use default and only changed understeer 90 and vertical load to 150 for the TX. For the T500 I only changed vertical load to 90.

I used default a long time on both, very good to start with.

Tried the settings of @William Wester that did not feel very good.
Then went back to what @Peter Koch posted earlier. Went to default setup and feels way better. Here and there i still have the feeling that the car is flying or something. Dunno howto explain, just i do not feel any resistance....

Tested was on DTM-E 2014 with my T500 F1 settings

t500 FFB.PNG t500 Wheel.PNG

Ingame i have steering lock @22

Just did a few laps of Bathurst in a 2013 DTM Merc with default setting in the profile with the exceptions of the suggestions made by Andy for RWD.
I don't think I will change anything again it was that impressive, for me anyway.

Forgot - Wheel CSR Forza, Pedals CSR Elite

Does anybody who uses a G27 also have these strong strokes now sometimes and on the other side a very light feeling with almost no roadfeel? I was very pleased with the old ffb after the logitech fix but with this new multiplier it 's messed up for me. The strokes appear in fast corners when losing grip but also on straights I guess when going over a bump. I experimented now 2 evenings with the settings but Iam still not satisfied. In the profiler I have 100% ffb (instead of 101 or 107 earlier), allow game to change settings etc and i started again from scratch in R3E with the default profile. I played mainly with the vertical load for roadfeel reduced the steering force and FFB level. I can feel light vibration when braking but this sometimes turns into rattling like going over the curbs (20% btw). Somehow the balance is missing between a very light ffb and the strong strokes or rattling. The wheel is quite new and it feels like my wheel gets broken on the long run. Please don't start to say it's typical for a G27 ;-)

Does anybody who uses a G27 also have these strong strokes now sometimes and on the other side a very light feeling with almost no roadfeel?
My G27 is a very close to being really good in R3E besides a center deadzone. I'm not sure what you're feeling but it sounds like either Vertical Load or the Shift Force (a fake force when you shift). Both of these introduce wheel movement forces for things you may or may not consider should be coming through your wheel so it might confuse you. Try zeroing both of those forces to see if what you're feeling goes away.

I was pleasantly surprised when, with G27, I switched to default settings and set the Profiler force to 107%. Deadzone seems to be gone, and roadfeel is good. With high default smoothing there are no heavy strokes either.
Same profiler settings as mine. I also put 7% to the spring there... to further minimize the central deadzone. Seems it works nicely

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back