Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Ok Andi, I tried your settings, however there seems to be an issue. I have set up the wheel the same as suggested (I have a T500). My profiler is set to 540 degrees of rotation, in game at car setup I change my rotation to 540 and lock to 20 - 22, however when I start driving my whel doesn't turn further than 90 degrees, however I set it up. Every setting gives me the exact same result. If I go to wheel settings, I can turn my wheel the normal 270 degrees to each side without issues, so the game does seem to recognize my full rotation but as soon as I go in car that just disappears.

I hope you can help me out.
I had this same problem two weeks ago(g27) out of nowhere in game i had 90 degrees only ,going out in wheel settings was the same the wheel ( white bar) moved only 90 degrees,exiting the game and going to devices and printers had no problem there was 900 degrees.I played assetto corsa in 900 degrees without any problems .I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the logitech profiler(it was always at 900 degrees) along with restart the pc.Nothing happened and then i went to play I was desperate and hit the tv camera i wanted to see the tyres when i move the wheel all the way from right to left and suddenly the problem just disappeared and the wheel started to behave like it should.I am not so sure that moving the wheel from the camera solved the problem all i want is to help somehow.
Drivers arms were disabled earlier (one week before).

Last edited:
I had this same problem two weeks ago(g27) out of nowhere in game i had 90 degrees only ,going out in wheel settings was the same the wheel ( white bar) moved only 90 degrees,exiting the game and going to devices and printers had no problem there was 900 degrees.I played assetto corsa in 900 degrees without any problems .I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the logitech profiler(it was always at 900 degrees) along with restart the pc.Nothing happened and then i went to play I was desperate and hit the tv camera i wanted to see the tyres when i move the wheel all the way from right to left and suddenly the problem just disappeared and the wheel started to behave like it should.I am not so sure that moving the wheel from the camera solved the problem all i want is to help somehow.
Drivers arms were disabled earlier (one week before).

When I disabled the arm and wheel animations it was solved for me :). Thanks for your response!

Found out the strokes are caused by the combination of vertical load and lateral force (far below 100). I turned down all effects and turned them on seperately and combined them afterwards. Default is undrivable for me and I really tried a lot, even deleted the profile. At the end I reduced the ffb to 100% in the profiler and max.75 in the game, all other settings are below 100 too. Very strange but thanks for your answers. Was just wondering if sb else has the same because it was very nice before the update. I will get used to the decent ffb

I think we are not on the same page. I also would like to feel these forces but after the update it's much too strong. The wheel is rattling and vibrating like crazy with the default profile and these strokes feel like sb hits a hammer against the case.

Per 10-18-2014 update notes:

- Increased force feedback multiplier on all cars.

This didn't seem to make much of a difference on my Thrustmaster TX, I was running with the same wheel and FFB settings as before the update. I have since tried the defaults and my custom settings and both are very good - not a big difference.

Can someone please explain to me why is game locking my wheel to 90°/180° ?
I noticed it doing this visually, but I eventually figured that the steering was actually working, it was just the animation that was locked to 180°. I could still feel the bump stops at 540 where I had set them in the game. I just turned off the wheel and arms animations.

I wasn't able to get a good FFB feel with my G27 though.

G27 here
I would like to start a new profile but I forgot where the raceroom exe is located... :(:mad:
Can someone help me out please?:(
I want to start a new logitech profile but dot remember where the R3E exe is located.
:unsure:anyone?

Never mind I think I figured it out.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\RRRE.exe
I will try after the very painful 5gb download finishes (slow internet)

Last edited:
I noticed it doing this visually, but I eventually figured that the steering was actually working, it was just the animation that was locked to 180°. I could still feel the bump stops at 540 where I had set them in the game. I just turned off the wheel and arms animations.

I wasn't able to get a good FFB feel with my G27 though.

It`s not just visually , if I go to outside camera i can see that wheels are stop turnig when my g25 reaches 90 , so in game that is 270 it`s inpossible to drive like that coz it`s to response

Something I don't understand :
my wheel is set at 900 degrees (Fanatec GT3RS V2 wheel setting)
I set in R3E, vehicle settings, the wheel rotation at 900 degrees.

Now if I drive a car with a steering lock 540/23 when I turn my physical wheel the displayed wheel turns much faster. The physical and displayed wheels are not synchronized.
I believed the game handles this setting? I mean: use your wheel at 900 and the game will do all the adjustments to drive correctly a car with a steering lock at 540/23.

Am I wrong?

Set the virtual wheel in the vehicle settings to 540° and try a 540° GT. If all is Okay they should turn the same.

The virtual wheel has no automatic rotation at the moment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back