Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Other than the 90 deg rotation limit of the on-screen virtual wheel, the virtual wheel turns in-sync with my physical wheel. I always leave my wheel rotation in the Thrustmaster control panel at 900 deg. and set the rotation per car in R3E (usually around 540/22)

One (I think silly) question.

Degrees in reality match degrees in game. When I turn 90º, the game does it too. The question is...

Where's the limit in DTM-E 2013/2014? 180º (90º left, 90º right)? I saw a youtube video where a guy can turn more than 90º to each side. Maybe is there anything wrong in my settings?

Don't have a DFGT but enough problems with my G27s. Once I had the same 90° issue but a game restart solved it. For most of the Logitech users it seems to work fine so maybe it's a user based issue or still a bit buggy.
What you could try and I tried is to: reinstall driver, reinstall profiler, reinstall in compatibility mode, apply persistent profile, set to standard settings, use just the global profile, start the game without profiler. These are just options what you could try if you didn't yet.
In my case the solution was to plug in my old G27 and the ffb works fine now...i really don't understand why but iam happy that it works (for) now.

Sometimes my G27 doesn't respond any more in MP after switching from qualifying to the starting grid in race. Neither the wheel nor buttons nor pedals work. Anybody else with this problem and do you also have a Logitech wheel?

Sometimes my G27 doesn't respond any more in MP after switching from qualifying to the starting grid in race. Neither the wheel nor buttons nor pedals work. Anybody else with this problem and do you also have a Logitech wheel?
I had a logitech g25 , ( just upgraded )
This happened to me before, all you need to do is Ctrl-F if i remember correctly. do it once or twice and it should come back.

It was ALT+F and refreshes the wheel, i think mainly ffb and auto-rotation as long the wheel works somehow. I tried it but there is zero response so I left the grid not to block other cars. I joined the next MP race and the wheel worked again. I just wonder because sometimes some players don't start from the grid. Do they have the same problem or just don't care and left to somewhere else like the postman at the door or sth ;-)

Had it again and both times I joined the quali around 30 seconds before the end, drove out of the pits for a check and in the starting grid -> nothing. Afterwards I had 4 MP races without any issue. I'll try to join races earlier ;-)

New here. Just wanted to say that I am loving this SIM. It is my absolute favorite right now and with the DTM 1992 add on looming I am very excited about where this is going. The settings recommended here have worked out great. Thanks for posting this Peter!

@Peter Koch - can I join in the race group you are forming? What times do you typically run MP races?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back