Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Not in this case,from all my racing games, R3E is heating up the steering base like no other.
I do feel the difference between the heat generated by R3E and iRacing or AC. Not sure about GSC. But I thought it just down to higher strength feedback forces from R3E.

So far I don't think it'll kill the wheel (G27).

I'm noticing a lot of road vibration on default DFGT settings...wheel shaking a lot just driving around. ( Cruze on Suzuka ) I have turned down engine and brake vibrations, which helps a bit. I am going straight into RRE without using the profiler. Will attached RCS later.
Edit:
It's engine vibration...I have that at 15%...if I go up to 30 or more ,it shakes like mad. I also turned brake vibe down to 25% and Shifter to 70%. That's better.
Driving is good after that on default settings. May tweak later.

Attachments

• Logitech Driving Force GT Custom.rcs
    16.4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
I have been playing this game tonight and I must say after the update the FFB experience to me can be best described as "meh".

I'm running with a Fanatec GT3 RS v2 with the following settings:

FF: 80-100
SEN: OFF
DRF: 0 or 2
SPR: 0
DPR: 0

900 degrees in driver with 100% dampening strength. Havent adjusted the basic settings in R3E appart from lowering FFB strength too 60%

The FFB feels very jerky. There's a very strong centering force. Using the drift settings on the wheel makes it a bit better but still FFB is very non-communitve when it comes to catching slides.

The wheel starts to turn but it all feels like really hard work, as if the FFB force is witholding the wheel from correcting the sliding car.

Any advice? I hear everyone saying it has great FFB but this to me isn't even coming close to what Race07/rF1 was, let alone the modern sims like AC in the way the FFB is communicating on the cars' behaviour.

Kind regards.

Any advice? I hear everyone saying it has great FFB but this to me isn't even coming close to what Race07/rF1 was, let alone the modern sims like AC in the way the FFB is communicating on the cars' behaviour.

Kind regards.
It's weird cause before the last update the FFB was actually great! I don't know honestly what happened.... Even after the hotfix something is not working "the way it was".
I'm positive tho that they're collecting all the feedbacks and data they're receiving to address a solution and hopefully with the next update we'll get the FFB this game deserve (and that was there an update and hotfix ago! ;))

I'm running with a Fanatec GT3 RS v2 with the following settings:

FF: 80-100
SEN: OFF
DRF: 0 or 2
SPR: 0
DPR: 0

900 degrees in driver with 100% dampening strength. Havent adjusted the basic settings in R3E appart from lowering FFB strength too 60%

The FFB feels very jerky. There's a very strong centering force. Using the drift settings on the wheel makes it a bit better but still FFB is very non-communitve when it comes to catching slides.

The wheel starts to turn but it all feels like really hard work, as if the FFB force is witholding the wheel from correcting the sliding car.

Hello Jeroen,

if your Fanatec GT3 RS v2-Settings work the same way my Fanatec CSR-Settings work, you have to set SPR to "OFF" and DPR to "OFF". Then you should regain the Griploosing-Feedback.

Unfortunately you will lose most of the centering force On-Center.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%