Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I'm pretty new to RRE and since the update theres not much to find.
Could someone please suggest me T500rs settings that give more steering feedback than the default ones. I tried the TX settings I found in this thread but it doenst seem to change much.

Thanks in advance

I would also appreciate some good T500 settings....I've played with all the settings but still not quite happy with the result so any tip would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hello Jeroen,
if your Fanatec GT3 RS v2-Settings work the same way my Fanatec CSR-Settings work, you have to set SPR to "OFF" and DPR to "OFF". Then you should regain the Griploosing-Feedback.
Unfortunately you will lose most of the centering force On-Center.

Thanks for the advice, didn't know it had an "Off" setting also :).

I started to play with these various settings and I found a somewhat acceptable comprimise when using the following settings:

SEN: Adjust for each car based in the car setup
FFB: 80-100
DRF: OFF
SPR: -2 or -3
DPR: OFF

It's not perfect but it keeps me om the track 90% of the times. Actually had a WTCC race where I could drive the FWD cars without flying around everywhere after 2 corners so that's nice.

I have been playing around with the "Steering Rack" setting in R3E and I like it very much. When set to zero R3E gives me a 'canned' FFB feeling and very little weight transfer feeling. When set to 90% (or even 100%) it is much better: weight transfers can be felt very well. Try it out and let me know what you think.

It really shouldn't be this difficult to set up FFB. Yes different people like different settings but why are most G27 owners struggling to get a decent feel? I just tried RRRE for the first time since the "big "update, my first impressions of the FFB, it's horrible! My wheel rattles, buzzes and vibrates, it pulls all over the place when I change gear, it goes from too heavy to too light, man it shouldn't be like this. I want to drive not fiddle with game settings. Maybe it should be renamed FFFE, FORCE FEEDBACK FIDDLING EXPERIENCE.

Another thing, has anybody else noticed that the cars don't steer from the front wheels, they pivot at the centre like a boat. When turning a corner the front turns in and the tail swings out making it very difficult to know where the car is pointing, and before you know it you have understeer which is too late to correct because the incar view in not giving you the correct information about the cars direction of travel. Am I the only person in the world to notice this? I asked Simbin this question a long time ago but never got a reply. If the car is pivoting then that explains the difficulty with getting a good wheel setup because the controller is too late for the confusing visual yaw information.

If the cars are pivoting then this is lazy programming and the people responsible need to rethink the steering physics.

Last edited:
Agreed, it shouldn't be this difficult, but if you know where SimBin/S3 came from, what happened, and how far they've come, I have confidence it'll be rectified in the coming months.

Just due to sheer marketshare I would think any company would put a lot of time into making sure a device like the G27 works really well. That's what iRacing has done because they know the majority of drivers use a G27. But I suspect S3 doesn't have the resources to dedicate somebody to FFB to get the G27 where it needs to be, at least quickly. And personally I'm beginning to give them a break since it's a 2010 entry-level wheel and I would say they're about 75% of the way to iRacing's FFB on my G27 and that's pretty good.

I don't know about the pivoting thing. That might just be the way the FFB is setup and perhaps FOV. I drive iRacing and R3E mainly and I don't find them horrendously different in the way the front and rear behave together.

I have not got it right yet, but it's starting to feel better at these in-game settings on my G25 (still needs work)

FFB 80%
Smoothing 5%

Steering force 125%
Understeer 75%
Vertical Load 130%
Lateral Force 70%
Steering Rack 0%

Effects 0/20/20/20

I have not got it right yet, but it's starting to feel better at these in-game settings on my G25 (still needs work)

FFB 80%
Smoothing 5%

Steering force 125%
Understeer 75%
Vertical Load 130%
Lateral Force 70%
Steering Rack 0%

Effects 0/20/20/20

Thank you sharing yours setup for FFB G25. Definitively adopted for me as I have also a G25. Good FFB return for me, good feeling. If you modify whatever for best feeling, please share yours modifications as I can also test them for my personnal feeling.
Do you use Logitech Profiler and if yes can you provide the FFB in your Logitech Profiler. If no can you share yours FFB setup in the Windows controller settings.
Thank you very much.
Warm regards

Last edited:
how does the new steering rotation work?

i have 900° in logitech-profiler (allow game to adjust)
540/23 in car-setup (default setting adac-gt)
900° animation and wheel only (vehicle-setting)

but if i turn the wheel (DFGT), the wheel ingame rotates further than i do?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back