Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Today's update really messed with my G27 ffb. It felt very light and ridiculous at speed. I reset back to an original .rcs file and went from 160 Vertical/Lateral to 200 and now it feels okay but there's less info in the corners than I think I was getting before.

The good news is there's much less noticeable deadzone. It feels like there's force around center although unfortunately it's very, very light force.

I'm pretty sure they changed the "FFB steer force front grip exponent" and/or "FFB steer force rear grip exponent" as those are the ones I had really changed.

Anyone else got good ffb settings after this update?

200 vertical and lateral? Wow! Don' t you think you might clip some info in that way? I think lower values would render better. So far I have put FFB 78 - SF 105/SLIDE 100/VF 105/LF 110/Rack 0 - ENG 15/BRAKE 20/KERB 25/SHIFT 65 and to me works OK so far...

Last edited:
I'm definitely worried about clipping. My aim is actually to ensure I still feel *some* ffb changes even going through the hardest corners. That's has been my problem with R3E since the beginning. The car feels floaty and it's difficult to feel the road.

I'm definitely worried about clipping. My aim is actually to ensure I still feel *some* ffb changes even going through the hardest corners. That's has been my problem with R3E since the beginning. The car feels floaty and it's difficult to feel the road.
My steering is the same, very light but then in corners it picks up again

It's because you don't feel the road. In Assetto Corsa you constantly get feedback from the track, so your brain (my brain at least) converts this in thinking "tyre is on the street" which is a big help in determining, well, everything. In R3E they have smooth tracks (I think I remember some Dev said as much as this), so even though the FFB is there, there's nothing to pick up, resulting in a "floaty" feeling. It's as if your car is running without tyres.

What helped me to get at least a feeling for my braking is adjusting the "Brake Effect" Percentage to at least 80% and upping the Volume for the Tyers. It's nothing compared to AC, but it helps me a lot. I don't know how Kunos made it, but in AC I swear I can feel how the tyres "rubberize" over the track. I love R3E to pieces anyway.

It's because you don't feel the road. In Assetto Corsa you constantly get feedback from the track, so your brain (my brain at least) converts this in thinking "tyre is on the street" which is a big help in determining, well, everything.
I totally agree with the authenticity that R3E has aimed for with track design and road feel. Grooves, ruts, bumps, rolls, etc., are only in the places where they are on the real track or would be in general on any track (ie. mostly prior to and in corners). Even iRacing's tracks are pretty smooth where they would be in real life.

Prior to this latest update I could feel the track better than I ever have with R3E. Not iRacing quality but it was getting there. I think S3 did something to the base ffb settings in the RCS files, or maybe just for G27s, so I'll have to redo all the testing of the RCS settings again. I'm getting a little tired of testing ffb, though... :(

AC drives me crazy with the way they translate the road feel into ffb on Magione on the back straight near the turn. It just shakes my G27 and I have no idea what they're trying to convey. I think there's also a weird buzzing force they apply to G27s and that drives me up the wall, too. I think it's engine vibration or something but I don't recall feeling it so much in the RC they just released. The other forces are good though.

I feel like I have place for two sims right now, a 1 and a 2, and iRacing and R3E take those spots. ;) I just wish I could jump in and enjoy myself in R3E like I can with iRacing.

I managed to get the best compromise (ie. most information out of the wheel in most situations) I could so far. At least I no longer have to edit the RCS file (yet). See screenshot.

Attachments

• r3e-settings.png
    r3e-settings.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 426
I had a similar problem. Deleted my profile files (settings) in My Documents, thus setup from a 'blank' profile again and the problem was gone.
I think it's actually a good idea... I'll try to do it shortly. I don't know if I'm now biased by other comments but I started to think there should be definitely less deadzone or "floaty-zone" in the straight sections... corners and turns are just perfect. It's just that center zone that needs some work on probably... mmmh?

I'm sure that Sec3 has messed up "Steering Rack" force in recent update. It's tooooo weak now even if maxed out.
I loved Steering Rack force in previous version because I could feel dynamic weight transfer and road transition, but now it has gone. Vertical Load? Lateral Force? No thanks.

I loved Steering Rack force in previous version because I could feel dynamic weight transfer and road transition, but now it has gone. Vertical Load? Lateral Force? No thanks
You could actually feel that setting? I never could differentiate it from steering force feeling. What should I look for to determine the steering rack setting?

Hi,

I've been reading the recent conversation here. Just to get it confirmed, the guys having ffb issues since the latest patch. Are you all using Logitech wheels?

Any non Logitech user noticing any issues related to ffb?

Doesn't look like our hotfix was a great one so I would love to get more details from gents this is happening to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back