What Would You Consider to be the Perfect Simulation?

AMS physics and ffb
Iracing Multiplayer and ranking
Graphics Unreal 4, with some strong realistic colors, but without crazy contrast and effects, the GTR3 is looking very good!
AMS/RRE sounds
RF2 real time weather is really cool
And a really good support for online races, with car extracting taking diferrent times depending on what zone the car is, option to rejoin the race if possible a bit like iracing, a very good flag system with safety car
From AC, car licenses maybe...

edit: something like BeamNG style damage model

iRacing multiplayer system but cheaper
Sector 3 business model (but allowing custom skins)
rFactor 2 physics and features
Project CARS graphic without the overdone stuff or with the same option to turn them off, that game performs well under any condition, this is a plus for stuff like night and rain

And then stuff like pit crew animations, cars being towed back to pits, option for limits of tires and engines for the weekend, cars being repaired, etc. Anything that would happen in a real life race (except for fatal crashes, let's keep its rating "All Ages"). I'm a bit tired of the simulation only focusing on the driving part, I'd like to feel in a race and right now all the sims in the market are terrible and equally suck on this
I'd also like to see less sims in the market. If you race online all the options spliting the community is no fun. The days of pretty much only GTR2 and rF1 were better, just my 2 cents.

No such thing what so ever and it will never happen. Because it`s impossible to reproduce the constant or even increasing/decreasing even G-forces for turning, acceleration and braking. Thats why.

The day my perfect simulation will be the same as all of you, then we will know we have reach "perfect".
As long as some aspect are favored over other, just because we are not all after simulating the same thing, perfection cannot be reached.
We are so far away from perfection today, even though we have made progress, that talking of perfection is irrelevant.
We don't even know what it looks like, let alone drawing the map to get there.
How about discussing what the next step should be to improve from where we are, keeping in mind most of us are in a different place right now, so even next step is almost impossible to set.
If I was to take all the parts I prefer in every SIM, to create that so called "perfect" SIM, which would be no more than the sum of the best parts available today, so, really far from "perfect" still.
Who is to say that my combination would be identical to anyone else.
It does not need to be perfect to be enjoyable, since our imperfect imagination can fill the blanks, as long as we allow our imperfect brain to play along.;)

I'm actually quite satisfied with all the sims that I own. What I actually want is better gameplay elements to bring in more players. I especially want some of the Gran Turismo elements that I could own and take care of my very car.

Also a large world map to roam about would be nice too.

rF2 physics and FFB. Just more stuff simulated here. Drive poorly and you upset the car and is punished. Kerbs are actually dangerous etc. AMS very close second. rF2/AMS AI + many racing features. AC for its great variety of licenses, good graphics and EDIT great modability like easier adding of cars/skins! RRE sounds.

Something great for good looking night/day racing plus weather. GTR3 maybe? Guess PCars has that but i never got far with that game. Some great and simple feature rich MP etc.

Last edited:
Honestly I have to say for me it would just be a title that doesn't try and overreach itself in scope, perhaps even a game that focuses on a particular series or type of racing in the style of gtr2 or gp legends. Then this game would have next generation ai, perfect net code, full proper hardcore damage modelling, perfect collision modelling, full flag rules, dynamic track and weather conditions and fully customisable modes and championships. I don't even especially care what series or type of cars, just something complete, fully licensed and made to it's full potential in a modern simulator.

I can't believe no one mentioned BeamNG style damage model yet! I know we're all into clean racing but you know - spectacular crashes :)

We really need a great damage model and damage physics implemented into the next generation of sims. With no real fear of real personal injury in sim racing. Car damage is the one thing that can impose some sense of fear into a driver. This in turn should promote cleaner driving or racing. If you know taking damage will greatly affect your cars handling, than most drivers mindset would be that you can not afford to make major contact with anything for fear of the performance hit or a DNF race result.

yeah, a perfect sim could probably only exist for one series, like GT3,F1 etc. where you have a few specialized cars in which you can deeply optimize the physics, the AI, the damage model etc. etc. for this particular series. Right now they just want to offer more cars and cars, dlcs, season passes and you ALWAYS got something to complain why this car has an issue with the AI, with the sound, with the ffb etc. etc. and the devs are probably sitting on their desk and saying 'omg, who should do all this work"? :rolleyes:

So.. perfect. You guys are setting the bar way too low.
- full realtime cfd aerodynamics, realtime fem analysis for chassis and tire flex and schrödinger cat predictor
- photorealism at 400fps on triple 4k monitors on a gtx970
- so little input lag that causality needs to be redefined
- loading times less than 1 second
- comes with graphical tool for physics creation (suspension, tires, wind tunnel, shock dyno, shaker rig, lap time simulation)
- physics tool can be used in-game for setup tuning or car tuning (front engine rwd to midengine awd conversions etc..)
- has all kinds of content by default ranging from military offroad trucks to 6 wheel f1 cars to dakar rally cars and rc cars
- completely free and ships with free 4k vr headset, latest spec computer and driving hardware. For extra 0€/0$ (or 50$ for aussies, sorry) you can choose the colors and materials.
- extra content can be created automatically by giving the game link to wikipedia article or random youtube car review and the game then recreates the car or track with 1% precision.
- netcode which allows wheel banging on tight ovals at 200mph
- phone app/browser addon which automatically posts 500 word essays when someone makes any kind of critical comment about the sim on internet forums

We really need a great damage model and damage physics implemented into the next generation of sims. With no real fear of real personal injury in sim racing. Car damage is the one thing that can impose some sense of fear into a driver. This in turn should promote cleaner driving or racing

Totally agree with the above. For any casual gamer potentially put off this could be implemented like ' hardcore mode ' for those familiar with battlefield. It could be a server option in multiplayer and top difficulty level in offline ai mode.

....personally I feel 'perfection' is in the eye of the beholder...for me R3E and Automobilista are perfection as they are, and if they were the finished Sims, I would still be happy. (I am easily pleased...lol).

I think one thing that has to be carefully thought about perfection can only achieved with compromise or the cost of actually buying the sim pales in to insignificance. Let elaborate on just one very important thing to some sim users is graphics and realism but there in is the first problem.

I use a PC equipped with what would be classed as mid range graphics card and seems to work for most current sim games at reasonable fps including the use of Gsync to ensure smoothness but I am only running a single 2560x1440 monitor not 4k (i think it's called 2k) to upgrade to 4k would probably require at very least a single GT 1080 or possibly two in SLI which means in terms of graphics cards alone we are talking a couple of grand.

As for running such a sim on a triple monitor set up this is something neither me or my bank manager want to discuss at this stage of gaming.

Out of curiosity I looked at the latest demo of a flight sim Xplane 11 which is supposed to be the latest in it's genre (probably much more graphically intense than an older gen race sim) on lowish settings people have said it was struggling to put out much more than 24 frames a second with high end graphics cards hardly a good sign for the future of a next gen race sim.

I think things like physics, general operation of the sim and even a very large range of vehicles and tracks is probably more achievable and accessible to most sim racers utopia is possibly just a bit further away.

If there was a perfect sim it would get boring, each one has something that draws us back to them. When the devs start working with new game engines the future is bright for us all

...indeed, bar too low :D

Super-Pitcrew Communication on a f1-race.

Pitcrew : "Schumacher, come in, it's gonna rain"
Schumacher : "NO, i'm the rainKing"
Pitcrew : "this is an ORDER. Come in"
Schumacher : "Shut up Todd"
Pitcrew : "If you loose your pole, Barrichello will be the new no.1"
Schumacher : "I give a ****, i'm Schumacher"
Pitcrew : "We are gonna burn you, inside your ferrari, sucker. Don't loose this ****"
Schumacher : "i told you i'm Schumacher, the rainKing. So shut da fu** up"

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea