What Would You Consider to be the Perfect Simulation?

I think that of all sims Automobilista is heading into the right direction when it comes to achieving perfection. I'm eager to see how that Reiza2017 project will shake out.

If I would commission a racing sim I would get that team and give them... hmm... The WSC 1970 season.

If there was a perfect sim it would get boring, each one has something that draws us back to them. When the devs start working with new game engines the future is bright for us all
This is a good point. Having a number of different developers in the sim racing genre each with their own take on things does add a variety that you would miss in one great big 'uber sim'.

Well of course I don't think a 100% perfect in everyone's opinion is a realistic option, but for me the following would go a long way towards that:
  • Physics engine powered by actual real numbers and polished off with real life driver feel.
  • VR support
  • Intelligent AI that gives a good race and displays personality traits of each driver
  • Good robust online functionality including strong dedicated server and broadcast options.
Whoa there Rambo, you don't want the Lord to come back now do you?
:)

Most drivers here are choosing AC over Pcars it seems.....lots of modders in AC...bring on the ovals and nascar mods. Is their any guarantee that no one can cheat in a server on AC or Pcars? I believe i've noticed some strange things already in both.

In my opinion, any new game NEEDS two features to ultimately be successful and last the ages.

#1 -> Project Car's DLC system. No matter what else, PCars hit it out of the park with this. In all my experience playing racing sims, nothing divides a player base more than paid content. In PCars, everyone can join a DLC server. But someone without DLC can't do any singleplayer with it, or host a server with it.

#2 -> Properly integrated Steam Workshop content. rF2 is so close to being perfect, but isn't quite there. In RFactor 2, while you can download stuff from the Workshop, if you attempt to connect to a server, it tries to download the content from the server, not from Steam. And most servers have downloads off. The rest that don't upload at a very slow rate. This needs to be fixed. Joining a server with Workshop content should download it straight steam.

I was trying many of the decent racing sims but for me the best is... I don't know... R3E gives me much fun to fight with AI. AC is beautiful, very modable and online racing friendly. Project cars gives me great feel of being in the racing car cockpit. But if I had only one choice I would choose R3E for sticking to the real racing world.

iRacing - MP / Rating System / Hardcore Sim-features & Hardware Support
rF2 - Physics & FFB / AI / Race Event Features / Dynamic Track
Pcars - Graphics & Dynamic weather & Day / Night
Assetto Corsa - Exotic Car Brands / LS tracks / Apps / Prices
AMS - Unique Content & Niels Fine-Tuning :)
Dirt Rally - Sounds
R3E - Racing Series

Last edited:
Now you cannot ask this question, as this depends on each persons perception. Like @Lars Koldeweij posted, and this was his opinion, but he said RF2 physics. Now to me, I pissed myself laughing, as RF2 physics are all wishy washy, don't feel connected to the road, bla bla bla, but like I said, this is "my" personal opinion, not a rant or anything.

I don't think you and generalise "the perfect sim" as people find good things and bad things in all that is available, but the key question is, "if you could create the perfect sim from those that are available what would you use from what sim" I think that is a good question to ask

Shaun

Here is what I would take from the sims that I have played:

Raceroom Experience: FFB + AI + Tracks + Sounds + Physics*
Project Cars: Graphics + UI + Physics* + Campaign*
Assetto Corsa: Physics* + Campaign*
Grand Prix 4: Pit Stops + Flag System
Grand Prix 3: Car Setup
GTR 2: Day & Night Cycle
IRacing: Multiplayer without their harsh subscription costs
Indy Car Racing: Damage Model
F1 2016: Weather + Campaign*
Sim Raceway: Lobby

*using the best from both worlds

Cars and series from all over the board.
No DLC restricitons for racing online, tracks and at least one car for each series should be in the base game.
Personally I'm not much for mods in a racing sim that offers proper online competition.

Last edited:
I would put whatever is the factor of markers of Forza 5 or 6. And the way to paint the cars accessible for everybody that graphically project cars set with some physics between rFactor2 And asstto Corsa and iracing for me would be the perfect simulator And always checking the markers that there is no circuit done in a second and that the game was always updated in graphics drivers. Photoshop is a way to do skins but there are people who are very difficult for him. I would bet on the way to make Forza skins and all its infrastructure of markers of the best photographer in the best graphic designer the best director the best in acer setaps for me would be almost the perfect simulator.

OK my personal opinion here, is this is what I would shove everything in a blender to make the perfect sim...

Physics - Assetto Corsa
GFX - pCars
Sounds - Race Room Experience
Online - buy your own server and don't pay IRacing prices....sorry just my personal opinion
Tyre Physics - LFS (old, but still the best in the business) There has been no sim that has a tyre model like LFS, fact.
FFB - Assetto Corsa ( depending on the cars physics, these do actually feel very good and you can make changes)
Mods - Assetto Corsa - I would say this, but for a good / great mods, if you spend the time they are very good and easy to do and the apps available are awesome
Cost - Sorry AC tops the bill here as well, great content as low prices ( although if you know me) I don't care for all this high powered cars, I love home grown, UK series

Just my 2 pence worth

Whats important.
All cars brands.
Audio- education/ more parameters / more levels / interior switch to exterior or both combinations.
Weather/Night
Online reliability.
Modding community education even paid memberships for that game.
Id paid for detailed tutorials instead of you tubing crap.

They should make sub tracks example silverstone. Provide the track and have a sub track like outskirts of silverstone around the actual track leads you to front gates or loop around actual streets.
Monza the same: drive off around monza on ferrari enzo street option to enter monza track front gates and load.
Games need that sub imaginary build up

Forza Horizon Graphics + Automobilista physics + Pcars dynamic weather + Forza career + Raceroom Sounds + Gran Turismo 6 real tracks recreation + Driving Club graphic effects = perfect sim.

I guess the perfect sim is a Frankenstein. A bit like real life.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back