Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ive never been able to get this to work even using content mgr....
Open the downloaded file until you see the system, extension, and content folders. Take all 3 and drag them directly into the assettocorsa folder.

In the next update this will all change so if you still can't get it to work just wait a few days for the update.

LilSki updated Watkins Glen International with a new update entry:

The Glen 1.1

Bug fix/Art pass update on WGI to bring it more in line with the style Road America in some areas.

NOTE: I highly suggest you remove any previous versions before installing 1.1. I did away with the "endurance" layouts and just left the generator lights up all the time. So it is back down to 4 layouts with all being capable of night racing. Also the install process is back to a standard install. No more MODS folder or custom shaders required.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Trying to get some help with this track.
I was using (and enjoying it) version 0.9 until yesterday when I noticed version 1.1 after not being able to join a Sim Racing System race.
I quickly updated to 1.1 via Content Manager (not deleting anything older at that point) and then couldn't launch any session in the track. I then proceeded to delete the track folder and downloading again - no success - and then hunted down and deleted the old installation files in the MODS folder after finding the install log .txt to guide me; still no success. All attempts started to load, went to the splash screen with the aerial view and then failed; when returning to Content Manager this was the message I was getting :

Error might have something to do with:
AC\kn5io.cpp (213): KN5IO::load
AC\model.cpp (32): Model::load
AC\trackavatar.cpp (372): TrackAvatar::init3D
AC\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

After trying a lot of different options: launching sessions from Content Manager, directly from AC and/or through Steam; I disabled Custom Shaders Patch and although still not working, the error messages now suggested that an app might not be working (Thesetupmarket was the first one). After disabling all the (5/6) apps that I use, it worked. So I tried re-enabling them to find the problem.

Thesetupmarket, SRSSkin and CrewChief all work (Custom Shaders patch disabled as well as the 2 Sol apps). When I try it with BLM it fails with the message that an app might not be working.
If I try it with Custom Shaders Patch it goes back to the error I pasted above.

Any clues?
Thanks for any help possible
(I found the .dmp files but couldn't attach them)

Probably BLM not liking the animations just like with Road America. I believe the newer version of it has a text file where you can exclude tracks. I don't believe there is much need for BLM anymore anyway so I would just remove it.

Thanks for the quick reply,
I made sure I had the latest version of BLMCar and keeping it disabled I tried to launch with CSP on - it failed.
After that I completely deleted BLMCar and tried again with CSP on - Still failed... (all the apps are disabled). This is the messege I got when returning to CM

Error might have something to do with:

AC\kn5io.cpp (213): KN5IO::load
AC\model.cpp (32): Model::load
AC\trackavatar.cpp (372): TrackAvatar::init3D
AC\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe

BTW; I use BLMCar for wiper control and mirror adjustment. What are the options I'm missing for these functions?

Just found the answer for the wiper control...
Never noticed Sol had that in it's app... :whistling:
Indeed, but there is afaik no other way to control the mirrors (position, FOV) and BLM lights makes it easy to control track/car lighting, so I keep using BLM because there seems to be no alternative (that I know of).
But if a track causes a conflict with BLM (or the other way around if you like), you can exclude the track from BLM (just add the name of the track folder to the assettocorsa>apps>python>BLMLights>exluded_tracks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.