Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have downloaded this track several times but I am totally confused as to how to install it.

it shows up in AC but when you try to use it - it just goes back to the main screen. any one help?

If you're not using a mod manager, just open the 7z file, double click "MODS" under your winrar or 7z program, then again "Watkins Glen", and you'll see in there three folders: "content", "extension" and "system". Just select them and drag them all into the root of your assettocorsa folder, and agree to overwrite contents on folders.
After this is done, confirm that on assettocorsa\content\tracks a lilski_watkins_glen folder will exist (so as the other shader files that go into assettocorsa\system\shaders, which are obligatory for vanilla AC, or the \extension stuff if you use Custom Shaders Patch).

If using a paid version of CM, just drag the "MODS" folder inside the 7z file to your assettocorsa\ root, agree to the overwrites, and then in CM go to content>mods and activate it (Watkins Glen will become listed and manageable). There's also the drag n drop option (the whole 7z file) directly into the cm window, and then check the menu icon (top right) that becomes green and agree to install everything.

But first of all, try to find where you've previously uncompressed stuff for your failed install and delete it. Specially the lilski_watkins_glen folder if it's anywhere else other than directly in assettocorsa\content\tracks. Also, check if you accidentally created a "MODS" folder or a "Watkins Glen" folder under assettocorsa\content\tracks by mistake, and delete it.

Last edited:
This is one of my fav tracks in this sim but Ive having some issues with night racing. First, very few trackside lights appear at night even after trying the ini from post #202. There are some light in distant buildings and camp area but none directly trackside.

Also after updating Sol and Custom Shader Patch, the car headlights flicker/strobe against the blue trackside barriers. This is the only part of the track that flickers and it doesnt happen on other tracks I've tested so far.

This is one of my fav tracks in this sim but Ive having some issues with night racing. First, very few trackside lights appear at night even after trying the ini from post #202. There are some light in distant buildings and camp area but none directly trackside.

Also after updating Sol and Custom Shader Patch, the car headlights flicker/strobe against the blue trackside barriers. This is the only part of the track that flickers and it doesnt happen on other tracks I've tested so far.
The lighting issues I'll have fixed in an update soon. The rest of the shader patch issues I'm not chasing my tail with. It's introducing bugs like this and it has to fix them.

I've downloaded this thing 4 times deleted and re installed a bunch it still does not work'

I click on the track and hit start and then it goes dark and then back to the main screen again. I'm not a tech guy so … I have no idea what is going on.

I've downloaded this thing 4 times deleted and re installed a bunch it still does not work'

I click on the track and hit start and then it goes dark and then back to the main screen again. I'm not a tech guy so … I have no idea what is going on.

Its a very simple installation procedure...
Copy the 3 folders in the downloaded zip file, paste in your assettocorsa folder. Done.

If its crashing, most likely you ignored the system folder from the zip.

Just joined & not sure if there's a way to search support...

I can't figure out manual installation - the folders listed on the first page don't match what's installed in AC, and so I thought it might be content in subfolders, but those don't match either.

If done as described - are we supposed to be overwriting the content and system folders created when AC is installed?

thanks
Take the content and system folder and drag right into the root assettocorsa folder.

Did you follow this track’s particular installation instructions specified in the Overview tab?
I followed the instructions, but I figured it out. It won't show up unless you manually put the folders where they go. At least for me it was like that. I tried content manager so many different times. I ended up figuring it out.

Thank you!

Working on a general "art pass" on Watkins. After learning some new stuff on Road America I wanted to apply some of it to Watkins so they have a similar look. Hoping to have it done by the end of the week.

Screenshot_vrc_arc_chevrette28_lilski_watkins_glen_19-5-120-9-50-32.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_arc_chevrette28_lilski_watkins_glen_19-5-120-9-51-22.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_arc_chevrette28_lilski_watkins_glen_19-5-120-9-52-18.jpg

Screenshot_vrc_arc_chevrette28_lilski_watkins_glen_19-5-120-9-52-49.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering