Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello,
I rewrite the standard condition file. It's in the Shader Patch's Repo on github. There you can see what setting works great with Sol.

Normally lights go on/off with a sunangle of -3° to -4°. But we decided to let them heat or go on/off shortly before ideal sunset. So it's 2° which is 88° in the conditions.ini. For better working the LUT is 0 when sun is at 90°.

Further Sol's ambient level are corrected, to have the lights kind of in balance with a sunangle of - 3° to - 6°. That's the "time" when you shouldn't need extra light the see everything. Beyond this the lights should give you an advantage.

EDIT: We figured it out. Here is the proper file based on SUN angle not time. This way it adjusts for the seasons.

If you get no lights at all make sure the "If date is not set, use original sun trajectory" setting is off in the weather FX section of shader patch options.

Attachments

• lilski_watkins_glen_conditions.ini
    418 bytes · Views: 273
Last edited:
Overall, love this version of Watkins... BUT, I'm having a weird issue with the lights.

At nightfall, they are off, and don't turn on until 8:30pm, in-game track time. Using the SOL plan app panel, they're unresponsive until 8:30, then I can turn them on an off. Any ideas to correct this issue? Is there a setting or param change somewhere? Maybe it's just one of those "slap the forehead" kinda things.

I'm using Content Manager and SOL. Could be my installation, as the lights for the Daytona track weren't turning on--but somehow they fixed themselves, and I don't think I changed anything.

Last edited:
@Vech To continue from you "review" you need to just drag the extension, content, and system folders directly into the assettocorsa game folder and overwrite anything it asks for.

Thought this might help :)

Dm-eflTUwAAq-Xn.jpg:large

Hey there,
don't know if i'm right here.
Tried to add Watkins Glen International track. In Game i don't see this track :(. Content manager says there is no ui_track.json file. I did everything like in the discription.
Please help!!!

Hey there,
don't know if i'm right here.
Tried to add Watkins Glen International track. In Game i don't see this track :(. Content manager says there is no ui_track.json file. I did everything like in the discription.
Please help!!!
Sounds like you copied the wrong folder. There are two ways to install it. One is drag and drop the downloaded file right into content manager.

The other is to open the archive and you will see the mods folder and then the Watkins Glen folder. Inside the Watkins Glen folder you will see system, content, extension folders. Take those 3 folders and place into the assettocorsa folder and overwrite anything it asks.

Sounds like you copied the wrong folder. There are two ways to install it. One is drag and drop the downloaded file right into content manager.

The other is to open the archive and you will see the mods folder and then the Watkins Glen folder. Inside the Watkins Glen folder you will see system, content, extension folders. Take those 3 folders and place into the assettocorsa folder and overwrite anything it asks.

Thank you for the fast answer, I copied the three folders into the assetta folder. an this is, what the CM says
upload_2019-4-7_18-16-20.png

to instal per drag and drop doesn't work. i tried it with the zip folder and with the the unziped folder but it happens nothing. What is wrong with me?

Sorry, i just found the way to install the track with the content manager.
This is a great tool, but it takes a little while to work well with.
And sorry for my bad english. My schooltime is 50 jears ago - i'm German.
But now i'm going to turn some laps in Watkins Glen.
Thank you for your help.

hi guys I downloaded this map and I see it in my asseto corsa- however when I try to load it doesn't load and goes back to my loading screen. I never get to the actual map or race but all the versions of the track are in. any advice?

hi guys I downloaded this map and I see it in my asseto corsa- however when I try to load it doesn't load and goes back to my loading screen. I never get to the actual map or race but all the versions of the track are in. any advice?
Did you install all folders? In one of them is the additional shader that needs to be installed, or it will crash.

Alright so I tried with JSGME and it said "already altered by Shaders Patch" (which was also already installed). I don't know whether to go ahead. Last time I tried with SOL, for example, it didn't function as required and nullified the shaders. What may be the problem and how can I solve it to get BOTH working instead of one.

Alright so I tried with JSGME and it said "already altered by Shaders Patch" (which was also already installed). I don't know whether to go ahead. Last time I tried with SOL, for example, it didn't function as required and nullified the shaders. What may be the problem and how can I solve it to get BOTH working instead of one.
Track files take priority over shader patch. It's probably just the old config files that were included in the patch which should have never been there in the first place.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%