VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the anouncement thread Marco you have linked to the new mod and tracks but not Poznan v1.0, when I try and install it says I need this track, cant find v1.0 on RD but I found it elsewhere by googling.

I joined the server everything seems ok

I support option 1 but no points for the "test race".
We are ready for Bahrain and it would be nice to have a race there anyway.
So its just a consolation race, official practice and helps us all test and use our previous preparation to good purpose.
I think that its a track that will give good close racing and close the field up a bit so it would be a shame to drop it.

I also suggest that since we are all primed for Bahrain that the very next official race as well should be Bahrain. Simply move the calendar along one and run Bahrain in April then Poznan and so on. We have a tba track so it gets filled in that way. Or if its to be Nurburgring we vote on which to drop. We have prepped for Bahrain but not other tracks.
The underlined bit is what I was suggesting on teamspeqk but may not have come across well. It just means we would save time practising again as the track would be fresh. The standard would also be higher and closer racing.

Edit..sorry, just read above two posts.

I am wondering I should download some other skins to test if my own skin isn't correct(I guess Robert wouldn't like to hear that) or if my installs just don't recognize skins at all.

Should I always create a skin folder via the create button in the game or can I do it manually(fr35_car->FR35_18 for example)?

I would propose the following steps for you if you want to test that:

- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Racedepartment.com, to download some skins :p :p
- Open your windows explorer
- Go to the DATA folder of your install, and browse into:
\Userdate\{profilename}\Settings\
- Open the rfactor2 game
- Select All Cars and Tracks
- Select the car class you downloaded the skins for
- click on Tuning (Middle bottom of the screen)
- Click on the Create folder button
- Switch to your explorer. Note that the game made a subfolder here with the class name
- Enter that class folder
- Note that there is a folder now with the corresponding car number you had open in the game
- Place the skin here. Make sure it has the ALT word in the filename, and that you do not have a .zip file by accident ;)
- Go back to the game
- Click the reload button
- Now click on the arrow next to the skinname in the right bottom.
- The skin you just placed in the created folder should be selected now.

I might have missed a step, as I made this list from my head and have not checked it in the game. If you still have issues, let me know. I will send you a working and tested skin so you can eliminate that as a possible cause.

Yes correct. It will be a little shorter then normal, as we are doing a single race instead of a double.

1 race, 45 minutes. Start times will be the same.

I will make a post of it today, or tomorrow the latest with all details in it.

Ok, new build is released, and, 2 impotant updates in it:

Fix for issue where a vehicle is constantly loaded/unloaded in multiplayer when they have a special skin
Fixed join button greyed out issue

So, I will be updating the server later tonight to the new build. I will also make a post for the upcoming event for sunday.
Although the number of votes is a bit disapointing, there is a clear winner :).

If you find any issues with the updated software, please alert me asap. Tag me, send a PM or whatever, but I need to know if you find errors or potential problems, so we can address them appropriately.

Thanks.

If this is it:
Fixed bug with HDR lum histogram when in SLI mode

Then it should be fixed :).

It's not fully fixed on a 3 card setup, I posted on the ISI forum they said they dont have a 3 card test bed but the Dev's will be in touch with me, perhaps they want me to do some testing.

Just checked my email and they said "
The dev said he will be able to tackle this in a couple of weeks. Can I ask you to stick around and we'll have you test an unstable build soon?
Thanks!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 32 32.7%