VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we have to officially prospone this event... The issue with the joining button makes it a bit impossible to have everyone in. At this moment, we can't get anyone in even.

So, we have done some talkin on TS, and I want to make a proposal. I will post a new thread for it.

After cancelling the event for tonight due to the impossible joining, we have 2 options.

Option 1. (I prefer this)
Next weekend, we will do a test race in Bahrain. This will be a single race. Attending it, will give you 5 extra points in the championship.
With this test, we can test the new build that should be released then. I do not want this to be happening again!
Round 7, driven on May 18th, we will have a track replacement. Losail is not finished, so will be replaced. We can drive the official race of Bahrain on that date.

Main reason I do not want to have an official "extra" event next week, is that its such short notice, and people might not be able to attend. That would have to much influence on the standings.

Option 2.
Drop the event at all. We will replace Losail with another track (which I was planning to announce anyway this week as its no where near finished ;)), and thats it.
Next event will be round 5, at Poznan.

Just extra info. The last round, round 9, will be on the Nurburg GP. Also, this is way to long in time. Practice for this track would be just about all gone then.

Please let me know what you guys would like to see. Poll is open for 4 days, then we will decide what to do.

I'm for replacing the Losail race with Bahrain.

So option 1 without the test-race though
New build should be extensively tested by community and several club-races until the next-round anyway

Voted option 1

Test race will be non-mandatory.
A small bonus of 5 points will be given to those who attend, but thats just a little bit compared to the points of a regular (double) race ;)

Test race will be non-mandatory.
A small bonus of 5 points will be given to those who attend, but thats just a little bit compared to the points of a regular (double) race ;)
I really do like the idea. It is a quality track and I was so gutted, that I wouldnt be able to race today. Really looking forward for a small race next year. Good way to prove setup and tyre wear.

So it was the first time an ISI bug has helped me :D

I just counted.
You joined and left 53 times, before I clicked the ban button. After that, you even joined and left twice more.
Have not seen this before.
There are 2 events running at this moment, and I do not want to be messing on the server to much. Can we test later on if it happens on other servers / mods as well April?
Holy hell! Well, I certainly didn't try to connect to the server that many times today, I can assure you :p I can't have tried more than 5 times. Why it's coming through repeatedly is a mystery.

But yeah, I'm happy to test anything with you to try and get this resolved. Really want to make sure this never happens again. :)

As an absolute last resort, we can try rolling back to an earlier build. 382 is still available for download, should ISI carry on struggling to fix this.

Either way, I've voted Option 1. It seems we either replace Losail with Bahrain (1), or a different track all together (2). So in my mind, we may as well stick with Bahrain if Losail's unavailable.

For me the same. Because i have no time next sunday.
Lol next week I meant :D
I guess we should modify option 1 in the way that everyone who drives or files an absence report will get 5 points. So we avoid the problem that some drivers that are commited to the leauge loose 5 points to their competitors.
I have no doubt, that everyone who can make it will make it. I saw that a lot of initial sign ups dont file absence reports so the penalty would be only for non commited drivers.

David,

Keep it to the poll please ;). Round 9 is Nurburg, thats not to be discussed or voted on. That part was given as extra info, not to be taken into this discussion.

The weekend race, if held, will have the points as I mentioned. I am not going to give up another sunday, to find 2 or 3 guys online. Also, I think that for those who do bother to show up, at least a little reward can be given. After all, they help testing so we are sure that all works for the official event after.
Last, showing up in the last official event given the number of drivers, would have given you 20 points if you would have come dead last both races. This is already 4 times! the amount of points for the test race. I can't imagine that to be a problem ;).

So, the 2 options as presented stand. If I would be looking for alternatives, I would not have made a poll, but an open discussion about it ;)

M.

New server up!

After all the issues of last night, I want to rule out any possible causes. So, to be sure, I created a new mod.
This new mod is supposed to be used for rounds 4 uptill 8! To install the mod, you need to have the following tracks installed:

Bahrain International Circuit 1.0
Proznan 1.0 ( MIND!! It's 1.0, not 1.01!! Not updated, as that causes a lot of problems. The update is not good.)
Sebring (Virtua LM) 1.9
ISI Silverstone 1.14
Spa Franchorchamps 1.0

The mod can be downloaded directly from the server (make sure to have the tracks installed), or via THIS link.

I changed the password for the server as well!! Read it here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 400 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 252 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 269 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 160 27.8%
Back