VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
formula-renault-35-jpg.45380

Race Program:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : No
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Warm-up lap: Yes
Qualy: unlimited laps
Weather: Dry (both races)
Assists: Auto-Clutch
Driving view: Cockpit only
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 4 sessions.

Vehicle: Formula Renault 3.5 v1.43 Download
Track: Bahrain v1.0 Download
Mod: The mod can be downloaded directly from the server (make sure to have the tracks installed), or via THIS link.

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Qualification: 30 minutes starts at 19:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 5 minutes starts at 20:00 GMT
Race 1: 45 minutes starts at 20:05 GMT

- You have read the league rules on RD.

- Qualy:
When you are on your outlap, or you have gone off track, you don’t hold up a guy who is on a fast lap. If this does happend please send in a rapport, and the guy holding up will get a penalty for the next race.

- Start of the race:
Im taking extra notice of people making unnescesarry risk at the start. Make sure not to hit eachother, the race is long. The race will have a formation lap, and a standing start.

- Blue Flags:
Guy overtaking takes initiative, guy getting blue flag needs to get out of the way as soon as reasonably possible. Guy overtaking also need to have respect for the guy getting blue flag. Take extra room to overtake.

- Overtaking in general:
want to see respect.

- Stay on the server after race 1, for reversed grid
Please check if new position is right in warm-up, changes are in chatbox.

Teamspeak Password: Link
Server Password: Link

This is an extra race in the championship, as decided after the problems of last event. Please make sure to test if joining gives any problems, and if you skins work on the server.

As an attendance bonus, 5 championship points will be awarded to all participants.

I have just reset the server with the correct practice time remaining. Qualification starts 1 hour and 40 minutes after this post is made, so at 19:30 GMT as announced.

There will be no briefing on TS. I am struggling to make it myself in time due to personal commitments. Hope to make it.
Server needs no voting, all should go automatic.

Have fun if I do not get to talk to you before the race!

Guys
The Poznan link for v1.0 seems to lead to the 1.01 update.
Does anyone have a link to the V1.0
The mod wont install for me without it
Cheers
edit:found it on isi forums/ now downloading

Last edited:
well, thanks for the racing. that was really fun.
thanks to freddy who loaned me his telemetry a few days ago. really helped.
p2 was not impossible as i was up at one stage on my pb but fell 2 tenths short of freddies time and..dinos was ridciulously pacey lol me and freddy had been driving corvettes earlier so was tricky to get the hang of things.

in the race, it was quite embarrassing. i started on a lower downforce quali setup and i had been so busy hotlapping, i didn't have a feel for the car. i spun on formation lap and then spun in turn 1. i didn't feel i hit anyone but a couple of guys quit so apologies if i wrecked ur race. just inexperience at the sharp end. shame after i got quite a good start passed dino. the problem was the uphill bump after turn 1 and the car just spun out as i was too heavy on throttle.

in the race i was quite shocked at how close the pace was and how tricky it was to pass in dirty air. david o'reilly seemed to bring his "A" game and i spun out slightly everytime i caught him. in fact, i had good pace but made far too many mistakes following people and the low aero didnt' help. great racing with just about everyone.

when dino quit, i thought i had a chance of the win but got held up by martin who had similar aero and always got good exit speed until i eventually passedhim.
later, after making a mistake at turn 9, i got passed by april and martin but just threw caution to the wind and caught them...3 wide into turn 1. april backed off but i didn't see martin down the inside and we collided slightly. no damage. very late on, i seemed to be closing on david turnbull and gap to p1 was now 4 second.sadly my tyres were going off at the front and i ran out of time. all the dirty air must have had an affect.

a massively waisted opportunity but then great fun.i will have to upload some highlights...
they will probably be: spin, pass, spin, pass, spin, pass lol well done david turnbull who won with limited practise and dino for excellent lap.hope you get internet conneciton sorted.

cheers to marco and all.can't wait for the real event ;)

good fun :thumbsup:

way off dinos pace so the win was never on without dinos lost connection, showed me that im way off in setups terms though, plenty time to sort that out.

managed to get upto 2nd by turn 2 and stayed there until a massive spin and off when just cruising in 2nd, lost 11 secs and 2nd place to martin, picked up suspension damage as well, drove with the wheel offset to the left the rest of the race, managed to pass martin again when he made a mistake and opened up another 10 secs gap, undone it again by yet another spin and into the gravel this time, by the time i got out andrew was 2.5 secs behind me, managed to hold it to the end to win by 4.5 seconds.

great race everyone, thanks to rd and marco for setting it up :thumbsup:

well, thanks for the racing. that was really fun.
thanks to freddy who loaned me his telemetry a few days ago. really helped.
p2 was not impossible as i was up at one stage on my pb but fell 2 tenths short of freddies time and..dinos was ridciulously pacey lol me and freddy had been driving corvettes earlier so was tricky to get the hang of things.

in the race, it was quite embarrassing. i started on a lower downforce quali setup and i had been so busy hotlapping, i didn't have a feel for the car. i spun on formation lap and then spun in turn 1. i didn't feel i hit anyone but a couple of guys quit so apologies if i wrecked ur race. just inexperience at the sharp end. shame after i got quite a good start passed dino. the problem was the uphill bump after turn 1 and the car just spun out as i was too heavy on throttle.

in the race i was quite shocked at how close the pace was and how tricky it was to pass in dirty air. david o'reilly seemed to bring his "A" game and i spun out slightly everytime i caught him. in fact, i had good pace but made far too many mistakes following people and the low aero didnt' help. great racing with just about everyone.

when dino quit, i thought i had a chance of the win but got held up by martin who had similar aero and always got good exit speed until i eventually passedhim.
later, after making a mistake at turn 9, i got passed by april and martin but just threw caution to the wind and caught them...3 wide into turn 1. april backed off but i didn't see martin down the inside and we collided slightly. no damage. very late on, i seemed to be closing on david turnbull and gap to p1 was now 4 second.sadly my tyres were going off at the front and i ran out of time. all the dirty air must have had an affect.

a massively waisted opportunity but then great fun.i will have to upload some highlights...
they will probably be: spin, pass, spin, pass, spin, pass lol well done david turnbull who won with limited practise and dino for excellent lap.hope you get internet conneciton sorted.

cheers to marco and all.can't wait for the real event ;)
I watched the first few minutes. Your launch was really good, but already thought you were to much on the inside and to quick to make T1 stick. Your quick change to reverse and getting out of the way after your spin looked very funny though :D
I didn't see any contact. I left a few minutes later as I felt I was giving you some kind of "commentators curse" by watching.
Your pace in qualy was very impressive especially, because you are usually stronger on race pace.
I didn't get a superb lap in, but maybe 2 or 3 tenth to find. No way to catch Dino in qualy for me, but it could have been close in the race.

I watched the first few minutes. Your launch was really good, but already thought you were to much on the inside and to quick to make T1 stick. Your quick change to reverse and getting out of the way after your spin looked very funny though :D
I didn't see any contact. I left a few minutes later as I felt I was giving you some kind of "commentators curse" by watching.
Your pace in qualy was very impressive especially, because you are usually stronger on race pace.
I didn't get a superb lap in, but maybe 2 or 3 tenth to find. No way to catch Dino in qualy for me, but it could have been close in the race.
kind of like vettel? the reverse i mean lol. only thing is, i overcooked the tyres and the car was on the grass..all over the place lol getting within half a second of you guys is ok by me lol dinos lap must have been on the limit. really good. yeah, i suppose i drive worse when i feel i have a passenger. i think turn 1 might have worked..i was going to park it on the apex and back dino up..but the replay reveals i got a back wheel on the what do you call it...the white and red thing on the side of the track lol fortunalely, i didn't hit anyone. lol

Thanks for the race all.
My quali was about my current level, despite inadvertently failing to set my latest tweaks as my default setup.

Despite finishing last It was a step forward for me. I was only 6.5 sec adrift of April at the start of the last lap when a spin lost me time. So on race pace say .5 to 1 sec off "all but dino" is getting there for me as in previous races I was mutiple seconds off the pace and many laps down. It was a totally new feeling to be hanging on to the coat tails of the mid field pack.

I tried to cunningly ward off an attack by Andrew Ford on about lap 4 into T1 as he recovered from his T1 spin. I did the old text book manouvre of going to the inside to cover the apex. He simply drove around me in T1 and left me feeling like Petrov.

I reeled of 23 laps all within .5 sec in the 1:49s so consistency is coming.
I had 1 litre of fuel left having upped my load from 69 to70 just in case.
Hoping to mix it in the bunch soon
So thanks all.

formula-renault-35-jpg.45380

Race Program:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Usage: Normal
Mechanical Failures: Time Scaled
Parc Fermé : No
Damage: 100%
Time Scale: Normal
Flag Rules: Black Only
Warm-up lap: Yes
Qualy: unlimited laps
Weather: Dry (both races)
Assists: Auto-Clutch
Driving view: Cockpit only
Session + Briefing Info:
This race will include 4 sessions.

Vehicle: Formula Renault 3.5 v1.43 Download
Track: Proznan v1.0
Download
Mod: The mod can be downloaded directly from the server (make sure to have the tracks installed), or via THIS link.

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Qualification: 30 minutes starts at 18:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 5 minutes starts at 19:00 GMT
Race 1: 45 minutes starts at 19:05 GMT
Warmup 2: 5-15 minutes (depending on how quick grid is switched) starts at 20:50 GMT
Race 2: 45 minutes starts at 19:05 - 19:15 GMT
- You have read the league rules on RD.

- Qualy:
When you are on your outlap, or you have gone off track, you don’t hold up a guy who is on a fast lap. If this does happend please send in a rapport, and the guy holding up will get a penalty for the next race.

- Start of the race:
Im taking extra notice of people making unnescesarry risk at the start. Make sure not to hit eachother, the race is long. The race will have a formation lap, and a standing start.

- Blue Flags:
Guy overtaking takes initiative, guy getting blue flag needs to get out of the way as soon as reasonably possible. Guy overtaking also need to have respect for the guy getting blue flag. Take extra room to overtake.

- Overtaking in general:
want to see respect.

- Stay on the server after race 1, for reversed grid
Please check if new position is right in warm-up, changes are in chatbox.

Teamspeak Password: Link
Server Password: Link

This is an extra race in the championship, as decided after the problems of last event. Please make sure to test if joining gives any problems, and if you skins work on the server.

As an attendance bonus, 5 championship points will be awarded to all participants.

MIND THE SUMMER TIME! GMT times have changed due to summer time in Europe.

Last edited:
Ok, the standard questions :).

- No Parc Ferme (checked it in the practice race, and changed settings accordingly)
- There is a formation lap, and a standing start
- Race 2 will have the reversed grid, for the top 15

The server is up, with some basic rubber. If any of you does an offline testrace, and have a better rubber version for me, send it :). I suck with this car, and AI lines are bad on Proznan.

Well, had some adjusting to do when I arrived last night. For anyone who doesn't own a T500RS, they include in the box a second spring you can install under the brake pedal. I've been using it for a long time, and had trouble with getting any sensitivity out of it. IMO the pots don't work so well with so little travel. Plus, my chair moves if I try to brake too hard too suddenly, even with rags jammed in the wheels. Don't want that during a race.

The night before, I removed mine from my pedals, and immediately got more sensitivity on the brakes. Sure it's less realistic with so much travel, but I feel more in control. I'm pushing my luck in braking zones more, and all I had to do was adjust to driving like this during the pre-race practice. Only problem area was turn 9's demands of threshold braking, but that would come with time I didn't have.

Anyway, the formation lap I found a little dizzying. People spun in a few places, and when I was trying to let Martin past me to retake his position, someone behind passed me too. Sillyness! I ended up coming into my pit box crooked :p Oh well.

The race seemed to start an instant later, and after the T1 spins started a long pursuit of Martin. With the mistakes Andy was making costing him so dearly, I was confident I could take a podium position. And I could have. In the later stages of the race, the only thing I had to do was chase down Martin, and pass him. Sure enough, the gap closed. as I watched him make a few mistakes, most dearly in Sector 3's first turn. But once I was in threatening range, he cleaned up his drive. Didn't put a foot wrong, and did everything he could to ultimately retain 3rd place. Good job there, you earned that position! :D

i had such a crazy race, i condensed it into 12 minutes on a lower graphics setting ( i think you can tweak this in youtube settings cog).

I hope no one minds me doing replays of overtakes as I don't tend to do that many.

If I could give a title to this video, I would call it: "Mistakes & Overtakes"
In truth, there were far too many mistakes but i had fun and others seemed to as well.

:)

It looks like the absence thread is closed. I'm not sure if that was just done or if it never got unlocked from the last one.

In any case, I'm a maybe for this event due to other commitments. It's likely I'll miss Race 1 but be in attendance for Race 2, although I may miss both (or make both). :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.6%