Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
LSdzxdLcG.png

Was Looking at Sponsorship... The above chart shows all the deals in the game. Along the bottom is the STARS NEEDED, and along the side is the "Per Race" adjustment.

The blue dots are whats in the Vanilla game... what's interesting is that there are almost 'tiers' of good, medium and bad sponsor offers. I've drawn these on here haphazardly

LSj6AZ2vG.png

This might just the the "Race Position Bonuses" being applied (I assume for the statistic that this value means if the user "achieves" any objective they set) is what separates these minor tiers, as I've not checked. But I thought that it was an interesting graph.

For example, there's a set of red 4 star sponsors which are actually worse then the better the red 1/2 star sponsors.

The Orange dots are the "Long term" sponsor options available - which are not too different, from their vanilla counterparts.

Anyway, I thought the graph was interesting, as the gap between marketability stars isn't quite as large as I had imagined it would be.

Also interesting the gap in the middle tier at the four star level.
I could have included the bottom two green data points in the yellow area... it was just the way my eye took it... I think the Green is indeed the "finish 1st/2nd/3rd" ones and the middle tier the "Finish 9th, 8th,7th" ones... I think the lower midfield finishes and the "flat" sponsors are all in the red area..... I didn't explore it fully, I just wanted to see if any of my sponsor changes (the long term offers or the position based marketability) were causing massive inbalance - which I am believing it is not (at least, not obviously) - as the red area is actually quite confined and relatively overlap - inplying that while stars are important, there are still better offers available at 2star then some of the worse somes generated at 3 stars.

In any given star level are the sponsor offers that we get totally random or have some sponsors a higher % value so they would appear more often?

Also can new sponsors and offers be added ? (Not just modifying old ones, but adding brand new ones)

K
In any given star level are the sponsor offers that we get totally random or have some sponsors a higher % value so they would appear more often?

Also can new sponsors and offers be added ? (Not just modifying old ones, but adding brand new ones)
inda... I technically add ome 60+ new ones.

It's best if you use the same logos though, otherwise you need to begin adding logos to the game,. I have no idea how easy that is/isnt

No idea about randomness... theepres a cooldown after each sponsor so you don't get the same one again directly after

Wow 60+ new ones that's amazing. Also using same logos is a good idea. :thumbsup:

So I can get different offers if I wait for 2 races. Good to now that there is something like a cooldown.
Well yeah... I added all of the base game ones but 3x longer so there would be some 'long term options' with a rebalancing of up front payout. It was hardly inventive.

And indeed, I am surprised they went for an x races model, and not a Y days model.

Promising. Changing the two to a 1 will probably help reduce the minimum. I assume it was set at 2 because of the fact you can get a sponsor offer during a race weekend... which may expire once the race weekend was complete

Go see what the setofferexpirsrydate holds... maybe we can add a - x days, or divide by x after it's worked out the 1/2 races date. Of course, this might not worked if it's a "when will thenoffer you accepted expire" set date... as opposed to "when will the offer disappear" set date

Take q quick look to "SetOfferExpiryDate()", but didn't understand anything. So far for my programming. :geek:
View attachment 180542
Most of that is transferring the 'races until expirsey' to a date, for either the current season or the next if the races is longer then the season....

The interesting but is the AddHours just after the first IF statments... instead of a 7... we can turn thst into a -x amounts... and if that works.... there maybe a AdddDays command... were we can set it to -20 days...

If the addhours(negative number) doesn't work.. there maybe also be a Subtracthours(number) command...

But.... the other issue is the UI.... it's reading "x races" not "x days"... so even if we change how the sponsors withdraw their offers... the UI would need to be reworked to reflect a date, instead of a races amount.

Another PSGXXXXXX file I guess.
Maybe,,, or one of the UI files in the dll... there's lots of them. Or both... one to {call the amount of races left before the contract expires} in the frontend and one to define itin the dll...

The big problem happens if the'acceptedsponsors' use the same stuff... as changing the offerstodays willprobably changethe acceptedcontracts from 10 races left toY days left.,. Which may or may not look very nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies