Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Hi everybody. Okey to get different interviews, I choose Firebird this time. So far got one new career start interview question.
On the other hand car morale still confuse me sometimes. For the records my team has the 3th best car on the grid and drivers have no morale impacting traits (like greedy, selfless or -xx morale modifier).
1) My 1st driver gets a +2 from a Green face in Overall comment.
1st Driver.jpg

While my 2nd driver gets -1 from a Green face in Overall comment (the exact same comment as 1st driver) and a -1 from a Green face in Against other car comment.
2nd Driver.jpg

2) 1st drivers Red face in Against other car comment seem wrong too. As you see in the pics 1st drivers part are better then 2nd drivers.
Part Screen 1.jpg Part Screen 2.jpg

Fun Edit: After 2nd Race of the 1st Season Marketability jumps from 18% to 90%. :D
Looks like I am a genius in Marketability. :cool:
Just 2nd Race.jpg

Crash Edit: This one is game crashing. When ever I get the Practice Track dilemma the game crashes. I tried 11 times and 5 times I got this dilemma and the game froze for a few sec and then crashed to desktop all 5 times. And it doesn't matter which track it is.
Game Crasher.jpg Game Crasher (2).jpg

For the records, I am using the
- FlamingRed's 1.3b Asset File
- FlamingRed's 1.2b EXPERIMENTAL #2 Assembly File
- Brian's Personality Traits mod - Version 1.21 with the Compatibility 'patch' Frontend
- Brian's Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.3
- EddieStyle's MMRandomizer 1.3 beta3

Last edited:
Crash Edit: This one is game crashing. When ever I get the Practice Track dilemma the game crashes. I tried 11 times and 5 times I got this dilemma and the game froze for a few sec and then crashed to desktop all 5 times. And it doesn't matter which track i

This one is odd. but my dilemma.txt doesn't have a morale change for hose questions so it maybe something in Brian's dilemma.txt

Hi everybody. Okey to get different interviews, I choose Firebird this time. So far got one new career start interview question.
On the other hand car morale still confuse me sometimes. For the records my team has the 3th best car on the grid and drivers have no morale impacting traits (like greedy, selfless or -xx morale modifier).
1) My 1st driver gets a +2 from a Green face in Overall comment.
View attachment 179440

While my 2nd driver gets -1 from a Green face in Overall comment (the exact same comment as 1st driver) and a -1 from a Green face in Against other car comment.
View attachment 179441

2) 1st drivers Red face in Against other car comment seem wrong too. As you see in the pics 1st drivers part are better then 2nd drivers.
View attachment 179442 View attachment 179443

Fun Edit: After 2nd Race of the 1st Season Marketability jumps from 18% to 90%. :D
Looks like I am a genius in Marketability. :cool:
View attachment 179507

Crash Edit: This one is game crashing. When ever I get the Practice Track dilemma the game crashes. I tried 11 times and 5 times I got this dilemma and the game froze for a few sec and then crashed to desktop all 5 times. And it doesn't matter which track it is.
View attachment 179512 View attachment 179518

For the records, I am using the
- FlamingRed's 1.3b Asset File
- FlamingRed's 1.2b EXPERIMENTAL #2 Assembly File
- Brian's Personality Traits mod - Version 1.21 with the Compatibility 'patch' Frontend
- Brian's Tyre & Race Distance Tweaks - Single Seaters - Version 1.3
- EddieStyle's MMRandomizer 1.3 beta3

Re- morale... the drivers have different expectations weightings - whatever that means. It may well just be, without traits, etc, that one driver is more passively happy with things then the other.

Good to know that there are other modifiers behind the curtain.;)

Are those in the asset or assembly?
think there's stuff in the drivers.txt

Theresmexpectstion weights for divers, teams, Chairman.... I think they're just meant to give a bit of (constant) random variance.

Note that I don't really understand what they do. (Kinda like everything really)

Last edited:
Looks like I am a genius in Marketability.

:) Well you are first in the constructors, that's a big deal, even if it is only early in the season. You've just made the world (the small world which watches ERS) go "Wow! Look at this team! Would t it be amazing if they won the entire thing! " to which a sponsor may hear that, and see "oh, they have a slot for our sponsor, let's offer them money and we can look good being the guys who helped them succeed". To which they approach you and your Chief Executive of Commercial affairs tells them "sorry, no more spots on our car for two races" and you as the team principle is sad - as in two races time you're in 5th and those sponsors are less impressed with you now...

Or so I imagine.

Either that or you had a slot free and you bit off their hand...

Actually I had a slot free.:whistling:

The first one on the right triplets. The were 2 sponsor offers were 85K a race one short one long. And the 3th sponsor was upfront cash only (1-2 Million if I am not mistaken).

So now I have a 4 star sponsor 400k for 2 years (or something like that, can't remember the numbers exactly). :D

Actually I had a slot free.:whistling:

The first one on the right triplets. The were 2 sponsor offers were 85K a race one short one long. And the 3th sponsor was upfront cash only (1-2 Million if I am not mistaken).

So now I have a 4 star sponsor 400k for 2 years (or something like that, can't remember the numbers exactly). :D
:) which is awesome!

What do you think the chances are they'll push beta on the main branch tonight so I won't get time to update the mod till after the weekend.

Last edited:
Got one more bug. My background is Financial and normally the vote price is 3 Mil (except politico background) right. I choose one rule to vote so far everything is alright.
Says 3 Million.jpg

But after I confirm this screen pops up. Vote Proposal 1 Mil?
But 1 Million.jpg

I did check out my Finances page too and it confirms that the vote price was 1 Mil.
Just 1 Million.jpg

So I guess this is a bug too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 49 55.1%