Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
I'm sure you've seen this or heard of it since 1.3, but I've just experienced my first stupid as hell wet race since the patch. Running in ERS with BrianUK's mods on (don't think that matters), and I was at Guildford. AI switched onto softs in full wet conditions, came in three laps in a row for new inters in dry conditions. It was pretty dumb. Won comfortably with my bottom of the barrel car. Is there anything you can do to fix that, or is that a developer thing?
can you keep the save from just before the race? (Save it both before you enter the the practice session, and save a separate time just before the race).

There's some tests I'd like to try with it, but I can't promise anything.

can you keep the save from just before the race? (Save it both before you enter the the practice session, and save a separate time just before the race).

There's some tests I'd like to try with it, but I can't promise anything.

I had to go back to an autosave, but I have one right before heading out for race weekend, so right before where I believe the RNG decides crashes and the like, and also one right before I start the race. Let me know what you'd like to do. Also, here's a screen of the tyre "strategy" for the day, if it helps at all. Didn't think to take a screen of the actual weather, but you can kind of infer it from my strategy at the top in 1 and 2.

Guildford Wet Race.png

in regards to the climate curves,

My issue with the default game is that in a 8 minute qualifying session. the track will go from monsoon conditions to full dry in less than a 2 minute section.

This is not realistic imo it would take the track a good time dry.

in regards to the climate curves,

My issue with the default game is that in a 8 minute qualifying session. the track will go from monsoon conditions to full dry in less than a 2 minute section.

This is not realistic imo it would take the track a good time dry.

This is because the curve is set from the start of the session to the end of it, regardless of the session length. So it treats a 150 lap race the same as a 5 minute qualifying session. There's no distinction between the two - and I don't see an easy way of inserting one.

I had to go back to an autosave, but I have one right before heading out for race weekend, so right before where I believe the RNG decides crashes and the like, and also one right before I start the race. Let me know what you'd like to do. Also, here's a screen of the tyre "strategy" for the day, if it helps at all. Didn't think to take a screen of the actual weather, but you can kind of infer it from my strategy at the top in 1 and 2.

View attachment 176138

Can you double check on the save just before the race, that the AI does the same thing?

If it does, can you upload the save somewhere so that I can try and get the same behaviour on my system. Then I can start to do some ideas.

Relating to the broken AI pitting - it was an issue the devs introduced in 1.23. I was hoping it would be mitigated by the increase in crossover, and I certainly haven't had any terrible issues playing on long.

Getting towards the End of the Assets now. Just final tweaks to Frontend, Dilemmas and Interviews to go.

You'll be pleased to know that the Redzone effects on the performance increasing parts are now shown
DYN5OiDhV.png

You'll also be pleased to know the Chassis Stats will be talked about in the tooltips of the "Part Suppliers", as well as being displayed using their new names in the car screens.
DYM033yGl.png

DYLXg4Ja1.png

DYLVUU5Og.png

DYLZc11ra.png

Any Thoughts about a Rebalance of CYOT investors?

I only tried it in ERS and with the lowest investor. Keep my drivers and hired better LD and 2 Mechanics. Next years car budged was on the highest and had 285K per race (2 sponsors) + 150K for 14th or 16th places sponsors. After a quick calculation for the entire seasons expenses I had 6-9 Mil to spend for parts, buildings and other staff. I guess it's fine.

:) No.... I am thinking about expanding the current interview system :) this would be a "create what you feel would be cool to see" system....

• There's a bunch of {call names} which can be used
  • And some (known working - and lots of unknown if they work) conditions on when they will and will not trigger (though having a greater number of questions that can work anytime would be cool
  • And outcomes to be had (happiness, adding traits).

If you want only the questions it's no problem I guess, but otherwise the writer should also have knowledge about the different 'TYPE' variants, {call names} and maybe possible outcome traits. And what about the 'PSG_'s, i guess those are important too.

PSGs are meaningless here :)

But the Outcome Traits are in Personalitytraits.txt.... and the {call names} are simple,,, its the set conditioons which is odd, as we have no idea which works or dont...

At the moment, I've found the OLD Interview has working areas that the new file does not. (whats makes it wierder, is that its about things that never used to work too - I got a question about my practice performance)

I don't know about simple but who decides which one is {CrashDriver:*****} and {InterviewSubject:********}. It could be the one that gets the penalty maybe but there are sometime more than one crash, which ones interview will come up, and what about all the orher call names. Is there a place we can see them all?

I didn't know they were not working conditions, Is there a file where all the possible conditions are in it?

Also after the interviews and possible outcome traits, I guess that new media mails are needed for explanation the added new traits.

I don't know about simple but who decides which one is {CrashDriver:*****} and {InterviewSubject:********}. It could be the one that gets the penalty maybe but there are sometime more than one crash, which ones interview will come up, and what about all the orher call names. Is there a place we can see them all?

I didn't know they were not working conditions, Is there a file where all the possible conditions are in it?

Also after the interviews and possible outcome traits, I guess that new media mails are needed for explanation the added new traits.
It's controversial who it's picking and which conditions work. Not found a good answer to that yet. All the possible conditions and call up names are in the interview.txt file though. I have to go over it again today so I might amass a list.

Media mails aren't needed for this one, as the traits happen live in the widget on the side of the interview.

Hey guys, was thinking about this since F1 testing is going on right now. Is there any way you could have your driver's feedback rating affect your car's improvability? Since drivers irl often can help guide the engineers on what needs developing on the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 80 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 134 56.8%