Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
D95GtkLKg.png

Edit: Oops.... this was me.... I did this :S Sorry​

Last edited:
Wow how did they miss this...:confused:

I never played GT, and by looking at this table I got a question. Is there nothing that raises Fuel Ef. and Improv?
The Fuel and Engine Suppliers do raise those stats... but the ECU and CHassis are purely for the other stats.

Its only in GT2 and not GT1, so its not that the ECU is meant to do more in GT.

:) I've fixed it anyway as I'm testing my supplier overhaul

FlamingRed: would the MOD release be anytime in the next 2 days? Planning to start a new save :p
No, I only started work on this today so we're looking at the end of the week, which assumes that nothing goes wrong - which it probably will.

Supplier Overhaul
Normally, a team can simply buying the Very Best Parts which would give you the very best chsassis stats possible - there's no strategy in this - only resource (money) management. This is very formulaic.

I've made it so that for each section of the chassis, you can specify in ONE stat OR the other per area of the car. What this does, is enable the team to specialize in one area of the car over the other, or compromise both.

Dcqzszb6s.png

(Note: I also made ERS a Single Engine Series - for fun)
DcqUnjtMs.png

In the following example. I decided to put a MEDIUM in tyre wear and a MEDIUM in Tyre Heating - resulting in a average rating in each stat. I then decided to put Both Medium Parts in Fuel Efficiency, at the Expense of Improvability. This is very important, especially when you consider that three of these four stats give you buffs/debuffs to your car, depending on what the rest of the grid have. The strategy is even more important, when combined with my chassis changes, which add attributes to each of these four stats.

DcsuRViOk.png

I could have very well have gone the opposite route - all depending on how I want to setup the car. In general, it at least makes you 'think' a little more when making supplier choices.

Again, I've added in a bunch of discounts and a bunch of "We will not sell you this part" - which is aimed to provide some obsiticals to your desired chassis layout. Hopefully this balances well with the other changes I made about the chassis found in previous versions of the mod.

No, I only started work on this today so we're looking at the end of the week, which assumes that nothing goes wrong - which it probably will.

Normally, a team can simply buying the Very Best Parts which would give you the very best chsassis stats possible - there's no strategy in this - only resource (money) management. This is very formulaic.

I've made it so that for each section of the chassis, you can specify in ONE stat OR the other per area of the car. What this does, is enable the team to specialize in one area of the car over the other, or compromise both.

Dcqzszb6s.png

(Note: I also made ERS a Single Engine Series - for fun)
DcqUnjtMs.png

In the following example. I decided to put a MEDIUM in tyre wear and a MEDIUM in Tyre Heating - resulting in a average rating in each stat. I then decided to put Both Medium Parts in Fuel Efficiency, at the Expense of Improvability. This is very important, especially when you consider that three of these four stats give you buffs/debuffs to your car, depending on what the rest of the grid have. The strategy is even more important, when combined with my chassis changes, which add attributes to each of these four stats.

DcsuRViOk.png

I could have very well have gone the opposite route - all depending on how I want to setup the car. In general, it at least makes you 'think' a little more when making supplier choices.

Again, I've added in a bunch of discounts and a bunch of "We will not sell you this part" - which is aimed to provide some obsiticals to your desired chassis layout. Hopefully this balances well with the other changes I made about the chassis found in previous versions of the mod.

This is much more interesting than the tried and true "What can I afford?" Will it always just be very weak/medium, though? Or as you progress through the leagues, will it because better? Either way, looking forward to it when you release it.

This is much more interesting than the tried and true "What can I afford?" Will it always just be very weak/medium, though? Or as you progress through the leagues, will it because better? Either way, looking forward to it when you release it.

That was an ERS example - which is about on par with GT2.

ASPC and GT1 will be the same principle but with greater stars available.

WMC has greater stars still, though the fact that you can 'fine tune' it makes it a little more messy.

Back to Serious Town, USA, Done more work today. Got sidetrack with some Climate Adjustments for some more storms in given Biomes. Also decided to double up all the Sponsor Deals. There are now Long and Short term deals.

Short term deals are all the vanilla sponsors.

Long term deals are additional copies of the vanilla sponsors.
  • Contact Durationg is 3x as long.
  • Value per race is the same
  • Up front money is scaled based on sponsor level. (Worse sponsors will offer significantly more up front money (x6 original upfront money for 1 star sponsors) - but then you are stuck with a not-so-good per race deal for a while, which is bad if your marketability improves. Meanwhile, better sponsors will offer less money (x2 original upfront money for 5 star sponsors - but then you generally get the benefit of a better 'per race deal' for a long time, which will remain even if your marketability decreases... this will be even more impactful when total marketability will also be determined by championship position
DxJZojdU6.png

DxTUVqQ7p.png

This will hopefully give a few more options to consider regarding short/long term sponsorship goals..

42 races? If so, then let him offer a lot of money. 1.500.000 and not somewhere in the 8-10 million. Over 42 of the race I could see several other sponsors will be possible team with 5 stars sponsors. In general, in the old fashion sponsors were tuned perfectly, I would not touch him. Perhaps only did each sponsor to pay for the race. Here there are 2.850.000 Sponsor of the 8 races and for each race he does not pay me personally do not like. it was possible to make an advance payment of 200,000 and the rest is divided for each race. I hope you understand me with curves English:)

42 races? If so, then let him offer a lot of money. 1.500.000 and not somewhere in the 8-10 million. Over 42 of the race I could see several other sponsors will be possible team with 5 stars sponsors. In general, in the old fashion sponsors were tuned perfectly, I would not touch him. Perhaps only did each sponsor to pay for the race. Here there are 2.850.000 Sponsor of the 8 races and for each race he does not pay me personally do not like. it was possible to make an advance payment of 200,000 and the rest is divided for each race. I hope you understand me with curves English:)
42 races? If so, then let him offer a lot of money. 1.500.000 and not somewhere in the 8-10 million
Alas, 42 races here is just the same as 3x 14 of the original sponsor (unchanged). As it turns out, The uprfront payment is also 3 x 500,000 opf the original. In this instance (as opposed to the 1* example) the two offers are financially identical.

Over 42 of the race I could see several other sponsors will be possible team with 5 stars sponsors.
Alas. When I tie Total Marketability to by related to team championship position, you may not get 5 stars sponsors. Especially if you are in Tier 2, close to winning the championship. Being a P9 Tier 1 team will throw your marketability back to low stars, Being able to carry a 4 star sponsor for a year or two in Tier 1 would really help in this mod.

However, if you're not quite getting that championship win to tier 1, then going a shorter deal may well suit you better.

These are some of the possible scenarios you face. It's there to make decisions less 2 Dimensional (in vanilla, I would just work out the deal which gave me the most money per race total - standardising the upfront payment in that equations - most may well do the same here - but there's some aspect of 'thinking about your miid/long term future about it too').

There's other situations to consider. e.g., if ALL THREE sponsor slots are long term, but you don't want any of them - you may well consider waiting two races for them to refresh (an option which I've never taken in the game thus far).

Here there are 2.850.000 Sponsor of the 8 races and for each race he does not pay me personally do not like. it was possible to make an advance payment of 200,000 and the rest is divided for each race.
Up front money and Per race money is still the same currency. That 4M Upfront Balmina sponsor is just the same as a 0.333M sponsor for 12 races. Upfront is normally better if you have a purchase / upgrades in mind and are short on cash, while per race is nice to see to keep your Racely income increase - but both serve the same purpose.

There's other situations to consider. e.g., if ALL THREE sponsor slots are long term, but you don't want any of them - you may well consider waiting two races for them to refresh (an option which I've never taken in the game thus far)
So I do expect 2 races.

Do what is necessary, and you see fit. And you can change the value of the construction of buildings in the headquarters?

I'm sure you've seen this or heard of it since 1.3, but I've just experienced my first stupid as hell wet race since the patch. Running in ERS with BrianUK's mods on (don't think that matters), and I was at Guildford. AI switched onto softs in full wet conditions, came in three laps in a row for new inters in dry conditions. It was pretty dumb. Won comfortably with my bottom of the barrel car. Is there anything you can do to fix that, or is that a developer thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%