Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Well, I think my assets are nearly ready. Split the interviews into 4 sections: Namely
  1. Specials and Driver 1
  2. Driver 2
  3. Race Events
  4. Rumours and other events.
Needs some more fiddling before it's finished. I expect there's lots of problems with some interviews, and some will need to be rewritten. Make sure Auto-save is on so if there's a crash you can report it and I can fix it. I'm open to more interview "templates" written by you guys, which I can quickly add to the current sets. I'll give you a template later tonight

EibjbjP9C.png

EibgLMop7.png

Eibevsj4o.png

41OIRJNsW.png

EjEchDrXn.png

EjEegdEPN.png

EjEhFSk9V.png

EjElqcIf8.png

Some interesting ones
EjE9s30mY.png

Marketability Changes for next update

Getting closer now.

Implemented a Marketing Adjustment. It wasn't the one I wanted, but it is an improvement.

Sponsorship for the team now has 4 factors taken into account.

1. Driver 1 Marketability
  2. Driver 2 Marketability
  3. Team Marketability
  4. The Star Level of the Team (Team info page)
While initially I wanted the teams current championship standings to be a factor, I was unfortunatly unable to do so. They are treated a data which is a different type of data that sponsorship levels are held. As such, we're stuck with Star Levels. Which isn't a bad thing.

The calculation is now:

Driver 1 Marketability + Driver 2 Marketability + Team Marketability / (5 - Star Level)

This means that the better your team as a whole, the less you need to invest in the marketability of drivers. E/g/.

ErGnNbQVA.png
ErGwGhyRu.png

What this does is actually makes the Driver / Team Marketability very dependant on how good your overall team is, and which championship you are on.

42KP0zBS4.png
This is the current spread of the teams stars within each series. This is subject to change if I see a better way of balancing it (and given that this is a new feature, expect it to be improved in a future update).

I have one more area I want to look at quickly before I make the finishing touches.

Last edited:
Awesome work. Incredible. This damn Motorsport Manager is so amazing. It´s the best Game of the last couple of years and it seems this game climbs to a new level i had never imagine it would be possible. Thank you @TheFlamingRed ! You´re one of the most incredible guys i´ve ever seen before. I played this game for over 200 hours and it seems another 200 hours are in the making with your Mod.

Is it possible to include a dilemma where you criticize a driver's overall performance (a single race or driver form after several races) and they can either end up having "Burned Out" or "Renewed Passion/ Refocused" buffs.

The system looks better then the original. At least we can now hire drivers without worrying to much about their marketability score. (There were drivers I didn't hire because of their low Mar. score)

So this means the Team Star Level never reaches 5 Stars (if it would the equation would fail at that point).

- Is this a game dynamic? (Not even the best teams get 5 Star, that sounds a little unfair for them)
- And before your changes, how was Star Level effecting the Game?
- And by any change do you know the exact % Marketabilities for the Sponsor Star Level's (From 1-5)?

Last edited:
Is it possible to include a dilemma where you criticize a driver's overall performance (a single race or driver form after several races) and they can either end up having "Burned Out" or "Renewed Passion/ Refocused" buffs
A dilemma, no. I don't think a dilemma is 'smart' enough to look at a previous race specifically. (And I don't think anything can look at lots of races as a whole)

There's already a Burned out / gone rouge dilemma - which is ransom. As well as the randommdilemma about the spar treatment (burned out and refocused)

I think your request is something which better fits an interview. Then you can have 'X races into the season', 'race position/expectation' and a couple of other conditions (it would need to be rare elseeveryone will have refocused'

There's lots of room to make new interviews and dilemmas - need some writers really.

So this means the Team Star Level never reaches 5 Stars (if it would the equation would fail at that point).

As a mathematician I should have noticed that... okay, maybe it's getting divided by 5.5 - star level... I'll probably try different formulae to see which is best.

- Is this a game dynamic? (Not even the best teams get 5 Star, that sounds a little unfair for them)
- And before your changes, how was Star Level effecting the Game?
- And by any change do you know the exact % Marketabilities for the Sponsor Star Level's (From 1-5)?
Star rating is based off of car performance, hq, drivers and mechanics (different ratios) so it does change dynamically over time.

Star level didn't do anything really, unless it was one of the factors which chose which drivers may sign with you.

Isn't it 0,20,40,60,80,100 (e.g., 80-100 being 5 stars). I never checked. But even with 5 stars, it only unlocks the possibility of 5* sponsors. You can still get lower star offers.
Will you be using brain's work in your release? for tyres and the longer races ?
Yes. Anyone who wants to use the Old Medium settimgnwill niw have to use Short... anyone who preferred the old long setting will now have to use Kedium. Brian's longer SS and Endurance GT has replaced Long...

(And anyone who played on short, sorry, but the old,short is gone. You'll have to use the new short (which is the old medium). The old short was too short really - tyre life was a little too long in comparison, and there was never enough time for the order to 'sort themselves'.. it was the worst balanced of the settings

sorry for maybe syupid question, but i didnt see how can install your mod now, downloaded files, but it doesnt work last time i did becouse the patch. it works now? I need to download files again? (it says updated on january so, its same files that i have?)

Thanx for help.

sorry for maybe syupid question, but i didnt see how can install your mod now, downloaded files, but it doesnt work last time i did becouse the patch. it works now? I need to download files again? (it says updated on january so, its same files that i have?)

Thanx for help.

You need to wait. There will be a new version of this mod for 1.3 Patch (GT DLC and Create your own Team DLC) released soon. 1.2H and the older version doesn't work with the new game.

And We're Off
!.3a is out
  • You should consider this a beta build. Ive tested it and not seen any glaring problems, but given how much reconstruction I had to do, and how many features I've modified, I will not be surprised if I've made a slight coding error somewhere. If you experience a crash or see a feature not working as intended- please get back to me.
  • I'm going to strongly urge you to begin a new game. It can work with existing games, with varying degrees of success.
  • This was created with both the free DLCs (Livery Pack and Create Your Own Team) as well as the paid DLC (GT Series). I have not tested if it works without any/all of these. I am not supporting versions which aren't supporting all of these.
  • I'm still updating the main page - namely the Assembly Change Log.
  • There is currently only 1 difficulty setting (1%). Others will be released once any bugs have been identified and sorted (as it saves me having to fix it in 5 files).
I'm a little annoyed that I have spent some 30 hours this week (sunday-now) updating this, but I won't get to play it myself until Sunday Night.

GT series - I have no idea how well balanced it is. Get a couple of seasons under your belt and report back :D basically, Are the gaps between yourself and your opponents too big or too small? Can you win a race with a backmarker? Etc etc

Anyway, tell your friends, tell other forums, tell let's players that we're back in business.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
!.3a is out
  • You should consider this a beta build. Ive tested it and not seen any glaring problems, but given how much reconstruction I had to do, and how many features I've modified, I will not be surprised if I've made a slight coding error somewhere. If you experience a crash or see a feature not working as intended- please get back to me.
  • I'm going to strongly urge you to begin a new game. It can work with existing games, with varying degrees of success.
  • This was created with both the free DLCs (Livery Pack and Create Your Own Team) as well as the paid DLC (GT Series). I have not tested if it works without any/all of these. I am not supporting versions which aren't supporting all of these.
  • I'm still updating the main page - namely the Assembly Change Log.
Enjoy!
You have finished all the mod now loads it, so we can download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.6%