MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game General Discussion

2016 MotoGP Game will contain many elements of VR's career (ranch, bikes, rally).
valentino_rossi_the_game_1-635x357.jpg

I talked to a Milestone guy on Twitter, who posted this pic (3d model in 3ds of Yamaha M1 2010)
CbgflIkW4AA7B0o.jpg

asking him if we would get updated tracks in the new game, because it really needs them.

He answered "For sure!". I really hope so...

Game will be out on June 2016

In Career mode, the worst thing is in the AI Simulated Classes (class that you don't play on each races), the winner is often the same rider, in Moto 3 it's Binder, Moto 2 is Lowes, and MotoGP is Marquez, which makes them had 95% chance to become the champion at the end of the season. This problem already exists from MotoGP 14, and the dev still don't care about this, there's no dynamic in the career, it feels boring.

I gotta say the career mode in MotoGP 13 is better, due to the fact that the AI simulated class is dynamic on the results, i've even seen Cal Crutchclow win the race while i'm in Moto 2, and i'm surprised to see that the magazine says that Crutchclow wins.

In Career mode, the worst thing is in the AI Simulated Classes (class that you don't play on each races), the winner is often the same rider, in Moto 3 it's Binder, Moto 2 is Lowes, and MotoGP is Marquez, which makes them had 95% chance to become the champion at the end of the season. This problem already exists from MotoGP 14, and the dev still don't care about this, there's no dynamic in the career, it feels boring.

I gotta say the career mode in MotoGP 13 is better, due to the fact that the AI simulated class is dynamic on the results, i've even seen Cal Crutchclow win the race while i'm in Moto 2, and i'm surprised to see that the magazine says that Crutchclow wins.
That could be parameteres "Race time generation" but I'm not sure. Race time generation is used when you leave the race of you have a bike failure, so the game needs to generate race results. I'm not sure it's the same for AI, we could try.

Binder has 1.001 as min and 1.007 as maximum
So his race time can be anything between default race time x 1.001 and default race time 1x007
That is to say

DefaultRaceTime 1x001 < BinderRaceTime<DefaultRaceTime x 1.007

But Navarro is between 1 and 1.004 so it makes no sense....Navarro should win all races in career.

I have no idea

I think it is that way:

The performance is calculated randomly between these two values TimeGenerationMin and TimeGenerationMax. And for race is used RaceTimeGenerationMin and RaceTimeGenerationMax.

So if you increase the GenerationMax and decrease the GenerationMin you get a larger range to calculate.

Let's get DP26 and MM93 for example

DP26 / MM93
TimeGenerationMin => DP26 > 1.006 | MM93 > 1
TimeGenerationMax => DP26 > 1.013 | MM93 > 1.004
RaceTimeGenerationMin => DP26 > 1.006 | MM93 > 1
RaceTimeGenerationMax => DP26 > 1.013 | MM93 > 1.004

In that way, Marquez will aways win the race, because he's minimal range is 1 (or 1.000) and the minimal of Dani is 1.004. Even if Marquez get the larger value randomly...

So try to decrease the values of GenerationMin (uses 1 as the minimal value possible) and GenerationMax of pilots and see if works

EDIT: You must imagine the calculation between these two values but keep in mind that the other values influence in the results (RacePerformanceMaxPerturbation, Aggressivity, RacePerformance...)

So if one of these values are more close to zero more the chances to get the minimal value of generation.

have you guys figured out how to manually turn off rider names?
No matter what I made , in game this stuff still looking the same, I try a lot of conbinations to get this OFF but no lucky , also I compare with the others visual effetcs like , position , rewinds, opponets indicators , which they are almost the same, but no lucky , Im sure there is another things causing this seally bug
RIDERNAMES.jpg

No matter what I made , in game this stuff still looking the same, I try a lot of conbinations to get this OFF but no lucky , also I compare with the others visual effetcs like , position , rewinds, opponets indicators , which they are almost the same, but no lucky , Im sure there is another things causing this seally bug View attachment 141713

Have you tried putting OFF over the ON section?

To disable names

OVERPRINT3D\ DRIVERNAMES.BML

Converting at start of file:
G.a.m.e.D.a.t.a...O.p.t.i.o.n.s./.P.l.a.y.e.r.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.V.i.d.e.o.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.R.i.d.e.r.N.a.m.e.I.n.d.i.c.a.t.o.r.....,...........D.e.f.a.u.l.t.......t.r.u.e

->

G.a.m.e.D.a.t.a...O.p.t.i.o.n.s./.P.l.a.y.e.r.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.V.i.d.e.o.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.R.i.d.e.r.N.a.m.e.I.n.d.i.c.a.t.o.r.....,...........D.e.f.a.u.l.t.......f.a.l.s.e

seems to work

gl!

To disable names

OVERPRINT3D\ DRIVERNAMES.BML

Converting at start of file:
G.a.m.e.D.a.t.a...O.p.t.i.o.n.s./.P.l.a.y.e.r.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.V.i.d.e.o.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.R.i.d.e.r.N.a.m.e.I.n.d.i.c.a.t.o.r.....,...........D.e.f.a.u.l.t.......t.r.u.e

->

G.a.m.e.D.a.t.a...O.p.t.i.o.n.s./.P.l.a.y.e.r.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.V.i.d.e.o.O.p.t.i.o.n.s.[.0.]./.R.i.d.e.r.N.a.m.e.I.n.d.i.c.a.t.o.r.....,...........D.e.f.a.u.l.t.......f.a.l.s.e

seems to work

gl!
Where can we find this file ?

Why Milestone use the same engine from Ride & MotoGP 15, they don't realize that this engine is not too good in terms of realism and performance. And the texture ingame is still 2048x2048, that texture size is trying to kill player's computer, and if you use the lowres textures it is like having 64x64 texture which makes the game looks bad. Probably the only solution to have good texture + good performance is lowering the texture manually to 1024x1024 which is proved effective in MotoGP 15. Milestone should've known what's best in player's mind.
I had to sacrifice Hi-AFX, which imo is looking good, just to play with HR Textures, And still the game stutters and on the track makes me hit the wall by the time game runs again. In your opinion, where do guys think the problem is? The engine, the texture, or something else?

Last edited:
They increased textures resolutions in order to have something to say during previews. In fact, in each video before game lanch, they often said "yes the game is an improvement in all aspects, like textures with higher resolutions etc..."

One bad things I noticed is LOD. Level of detail, that is to say if you are far from one object it's resolution can be lower because you don't need it.

Fact is if you overtake one rider and create a small gap, you can clearly see his number disappears and that his bike texture becomes rally poor.

SKYRacingteamVR46 becomes light blue from distance...

They increased textures resolutions in order to have something to say during previews. In fact, in each video before game lanch, they often said "yes the game is an improvement in all aspects, like textures with higher resolutions etc..."

One bad things I noticed is LOD. Level of detail, that is to say if you are far from one object it's resolution can be lower because you don't need it.

Fact is if you overtake one rider and create a small gap, you can clearly see his number disappears and that his bike texture becomes rally poor.

SKYRacingteamVR46 becomes light blue from distance...
Mine is crazier, when i'm around 1 second behind a rider, i could see that his bike turn into a white box, poor LOD + poor Draw Distance = Can't be imagined

I was playing moto3 and moto2 GP15 with 1024 editng texture , with full grid in 2048 kill my pc
imagine there's 40 riders in a class and the textures are 4096x4096 :confused:,

I bought this game even if I had doubts. I hadn't any expectations but after playing a few laps I'm so disappointed. It doesn't run smoothly, no matter on what settings and after two laps I'm 1-2 seconds faster than the AI on hardest difficulty and without aids (except ducking). And I didn't get all corners really good at all.

All the problems with missing variance in results etc are moddable which is really good. But the AI is so slow because they don't drive on a good racing line. Now I want to ask if it's possible to adjust the AI's racing line to get more competition. I already read that some of you are working on a physics mod, but this can't be a solution to get more competition, right? Because even if physics are challenging, the AI won't get any corner right :D

I already read all threads here and because of this community I decided to get this game. I had so much fun with a career in 14' and I hope that I can enjoy a career in the actual game, too - of course with many mods :D This community here is great!
No AI splines cannot be edited, they are a bunch of points and tangents in bml files. I don't know how to import or edit them successfully.

I asked Milestone for some tools but they replied "No" with some license excuses

No AI splines cannot be edited, they are a bunch of points and tangents in bml files. I don't know how to import or edit them successfully.

I asked Milestone for some tools but they replied "No" with some license excuses

The default spline is really restrictive, I edited the speed factor and tangent factor and the AI seems to have a better corner behaviour: faster in, hitting the apex and fast out.
Before they were 1-2m away from the curbs

Reactions: rkh

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes