Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe I screwed something up, but I was racing in Canada and everyone got lapped up until the top 3 positions on Expert difficulty.
Canada is a really short circuit. When I was racing, I made the AI 1 second faster than me, and defended position, while the race leader (Vettel) came to lap us all :D Finished P3, lapped on the last corner, Rosberg not too far behind :sneaky:

I would like to know what I should change to enter the old teams, because I would like to start from the bottom. I tried not to replace the folder "youngtestdriver" but it isn't enough.
by the way, very good mod.

I would like to know what I should change to enter the old teams, because I would like to start from the bottom. I tried not to replace the folder "youngtestdriver" but it isn't enough.
by the way, very good mod.

States.bin from system folder its the file you dont have to copy :::

Cars (CTF files):
- inertia_x values (aka the car’s resistance to forward motion) lowered for Ferrari, and increased for: Marussia, Caterham, Torro Rosso, Sauber, Williams
- Raised mass of McLaren for the Player from 650kg to 664kg
- Lowered Player grip levels by 4% front and 3.5% rear at Melbourne
- Lowered Player grip levels by 3.5% front and 4% rear at Canada
- Lowered Player grip levels by 2% front and 2% rear at Silverstone
- Lowered Player grip levels by 4% front and 3% rear at Monza
- Lowered Player grip levels by 3% front and 1% rear at Abu Dhabi

Amazing mod, overall.
But this... why? Why are you changing the way the car handles? Using this mod, gets the driver used to another handling model, which makes us worse in online mode (leagues etc.).

Please add a seperate folder which has all the other features, but excludes this grip and weight change. Then your mod is close to perfect.
Good job!

Amazing mod, overall.
But this... why? Why are you changing the way the car handles? Using this mod, gets the driver used to another handling model, which makes us worse in online mode (leagues etc.).

Please add a seperate folder which has all the other features, but excludes this grip and weight change. Then your mod is close to perfect.
Good job!
This mod was never intended to be used for online play. This mod is for single player aka : Carrier/Quick Race mode. Jesus. I just facepalm myself after seeing comments like this. (and sorry didn't mean to be offensive, just wanted to clear this up)

Last edited:
@w1n1x read my post again then. I didnt say it was for online mode, im saying that when you play singleplayer with this mod for 5 hours, and then go back to unmodded f1 because you have to drive a league race, you are not used to the old handling.

By the way, this mod is called "True to life AI". Its the AI that has been improved, and that is why im curious about why this awesome modder changed the car handling aswell. The mod is not called "True to life AI + new car handling"

I'm using a lot of time and testing these different mods and i give constructive criticism so you can facepalm all you want, but you might want to re-read stuff before posting.. or maybe be fast enough for leagues, so you can understand my message. Cheers. No offense intended.

Last edited:
If you change the handling of the AI, you must change the handling of the player, too. Else there will be no balance (like e.g. F1 2014 mod where it has become much easier, so legend isn't legend anymore)

@w1n1x read my post again then. I didnt say it was for online mode, im saying that when you play singleplayer with this mod for 5 hours, and then go back to unmodded f1 because you have to drive a league race, you are not used to the old handling.

By the way, this mod is called "True to life AI". Its the AI that has been improved, and that is why im curious about why this awesome modder changed the car handling aswell. The mod is not called "True to life AI + new car handling"

I'm using a lot of time and testing these different mods and i give constructive criticism so you can facepalm all you want, but you might want to re-read stuff before posting.. or maybe be fast enough for leagues, so you can understand my message. Cheers. No offense intended.
I'm really sorry. It seems I was too careless and didn't read your post properly. Believe me I would be amongst the pros in online mod if I hadn't sold my g25. And now I'm forced to play with controller, it just s*cks.

great mod, just wondering, if I want to keep the lower teams after ydt I understand that I don't copy over the system folder, what about the young drivers test folder?
also I have noticed at the Melbourne grand prix I find it difficult to get into q2 in a red bull, I think maybe the front and rear grip level is too low.
noticed as well when I go out to qualify and the time has run out but I am still on my hot lap and I do a mistake then use a flashback, the time does not go back but has carried on after the flashback has been used so it makes the hot lap time 5 seconds down.

Absolutely Awesome mod!!! :)
I used the previous version on f1 2012 and now the current one..Having had 2 excellent 100% Legend AI races in my 3rd season in the Ferrari I can say it's never been better ever.Last race around in Malaysia qualy was wet and was extremely happy to see the AI pace had been corrected from that crazy fast idiotism speed they tend to do in wet on vanilla so I managed to qualify 3rd in my Ferrari and then won the race by defending first up to the first pitstop,till lap 22 i think ,then got overtaken in the pits by 2 guys,then gained 2nd back 2laps later ,but Vettel was on a better strategy and pulled out a gap of 8secs,then after the second pitstop things had not changed,was defending especially in the drs zones but the AI are I gotta say really are smarter but retaining their 2013 version aggression levels ..Kept 2nd till lap 44..Was 1st ,but Vettel had pitted 4laps earlier ..Went in the pits,came out 2nd still with Vettel being 15secs ahead..Then get this:
Managed to pull out a 5 sec gap on Raikonnen behind and the gap went down to around 10sec to Vettel..
I was sure i was gonne finish 2nd then to my biggest suprise i lost 6th gear around lap 48-50..I kept pushing like hell...Last lap though i switched to mix 1 and took it slow,then after my 1st sector time i saw a frontwing on track..I was like whatthe hell????:D
I thought mix3 just in case and infriggindeed it was Vettel's front wing..Overtook him around turn 14and won the race!!!
Best race evah!!! :)

btw Ive done the 1st 2 seasons on 100% Legend AI..
Didnt restart career ,just continued to 3rd season with the mod installed as the mod install descr. says u can install at any time..Works pretty friggin well..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back