Track Designing Competition

I have had a look briefly and I don't think we have done it for f1- if no one is interested I have one more idea.
A lot of things have been done again and again in this thread now. Use the search function at the top of the page if you think your idea may have been done before. Sometimes I just open Google Earth and randomly zoom in on a city, which then becomes my challenge. Don't change the challenge unless you want to.

How much time does everyone need to enter, I can do results whenever everyone else is ready(If nobody asks for more time I'll probably announce results tommrow morning)

The rules say 5 to 7 days, but you can set whatever you like. Honestly you should set a dead line when you post your challenge. Lately it's been closer to 3 to 5 days.

The rules say 5 to 7 days, but you can set whatever you like. Honestly you should set a dead line when you post your challenge. Lately it's been closer to 3 to 5 days.
we only have around 3-4 entries averagely recently which are usually done within the first day-ish of the task being set so I don't think we need a specific deadline unless there is a certain day that you can only judge on. The rest of this week I am free to make tracks basically whenever so that's why I am encouraging people to judge quickly because next week I will probably be busy with schoolwork as it's the first week back.

Redesign Silverstone and try to go for a more classic layout incorporating areas of the original runways while also maintaining modern safety standards. I can do results in 2 days to keep momentum up unless someone wants extra time.

This should do the trick
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7059159

Start relocated to the Hangar straight. Stowe is tightened, and the track rejoins the old straight, ignores Vale, and Club becomes a tight corner onto the runway. Up the runway, to a fast left-hander, followed by a curvy braking point into a hairpin. A double right bend afterwards sends you under the bridge, to a widened Priory. The track does a sharp right onto Woodcote, past the old start straight to an unchanged Copse, Maggots, Becketts and Chapel.

https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=7059894&rf=1 The lap starts on the run to Maggots and Becketts, after the drivers have taken these corners they accelrate to the main overtaking point, New Stowe which has been extended and slightly tightened so that drivers carry less speed and overtaking is easier. The drivers then navagate a fast right left combination of corners that leads onto the Wellington streight. Brooklands is opened but still has the same tight kink in it as before(2010 layout onwards) and Luffield has been turned into a chicane similair to the one in Bahrain. A long right handed follows that leads onto the main streight.

Last edited:
Interesting game

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/7059368

or another one:

QPQsZUe.jpg

@mantasisg, great that we have new faces joining in!

I'll give you a quick gmap-pedometer tutorial.
  1. Use Satellite view all the time. Map view doesn't let you see where buildings are or other stuff, and I tend to ignore submissions when they're sent in map view.
  2. When you save it, click the big blue button which says "Save Route". After that, select "Save as Public" and copy the URL it generates. Paste that here so we can see your creation and scroll around to look at details. Check our other submissions for ideas.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.