Track Designing Competition

The Homebush Street Circuit will be the basis for a new F1 Street Circuit in Sydney. Update this layout for current Formula One cars. The old Sydney Olympic Park will still be the backdrop for this race, and I want to see it expanded to 5.0-7.0km. Reuse the original S/F line and pit lane along Australia Avenue between Dawn Fraser Ave and Kevin Coombs Ave. You're welcome to use any existing streets and car parks, and I will allow minimal curb/median/vegetation removal. No building removal, and no new paving (unless you're just trying to cross over a median). Also, stay south of the river.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7051210

I have deliberately ignored the order to keep the current startline and pits where they are because it's a terrible startline. The grid is offset from the straight to fit the pits in, and there is a chicane straight off the line. For that reason, I've moved it to Olympic Boulevard so the bit on the left can be used as a pitlane.

The grid is offset from the straight to fit the pits in, and there is a chicane straight off the line.
There's no way I would have been THAT strict. I just meant keep the S/F on that road somewhere. I agree the chicane is stupid and only serves to allow the pit lane re-entry on a straight line without having to tear up some curb. But they didnt' seem to mind tearing up curb to make the chicane at Olympic Blvd.

Ok guys...this was a really tough call because everyone's layout was pretty cool. Nelson I had to eliminate first, mainly because it was too long and had too many turns in my opinion. I really liked that you were about the only one to use car parks and some median cuts, but I think you overdid it a little. Next out was Jolero. I think you tried to cram too much into that little area in the southwest. Most of your corners, none of the overtaking spots, all right there. Manol...I mean sigman...looked really fun and fast and I think it would have made for a great race. But @Jimlaad43 took this one for me because he utilized a lot more of the Olympic Park back drop. But the tiniest of details also really caught my attention, and that was the chicane at T5-6.

Ok guys...this was a really tough call because everyone's layout was pretty cool. Nelson I had to eliminate first, mainly because it was too long and had too many turns in my opinion. I really liked that you were about the only one to use car parks and some median cuts, but I think you overdid it a little. Next out was Jolero. I think you tried to cram too much into that little area in the southwest. Most of your corners, none of the overtaking spots, all right there. Manol...I mean sigman...looked really fun and fast and I think it would have made for a great race. But @Jimlaad43 took this one for me because he utilized a lot more of the Olympic Park back drop. But the tiniest of details also really caught my attention, and that was the chicane at T5-6.
I would have cut along the Sarah Durack Avenue (from just before 2km to just after 3km but I changed it as I thought the track would be unrealistic due to the Long high speed stretch(nearly 2km) and the fact it lead onto a fast lefthander anyway. Personally I think it would make a better track but in terms of realism and safety it wouldn't

The UK Government has passed an act which makes Street Circuits in the country much easier to set up. They've been talking of Monaco Grand Prix style events, so that's your task. You must design an F1 street circuit along to coast of England. To narrow it down, the circuit must pass one of the Victorian Piers which dominate seaside towns in the UK. A list can be found here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_piers_in_the_United_Kingdom

The UK Government has passed an act which makes Street Circuits in the country much easier to set up. They've been talking of Monaco Grand Prix style events, so that's your task. You must design an F1 street circuit along to coast of England. To narrow it down, the circuit must pass one of the Victorian Piers which dominate seaside towns in the UK. A list can be found here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_piers_in_the_United_Kingdom
It's so cool, talk was a few years ago of a London gp( a fantasy circuit was created) so I hope that this rule change encourages them to make a circuit in London(most other cities in the uk are eiather no big enough or too crappy for a street circuit) as this is closeish to where live and I have always wanted to watch a street circuit race

It's so cool, talk was a few years ago of a London gp( a fantasy circuit was created) so I hope that this rule change encourages them to make a circuit in London(most other cities in the uk are eiather no big enough or too crappy for a street circuit) as this is closeish to where live and I have always wanted to watch a street circuit race
Did you go to the Formula E at Battersea Park? It was awesome. Birmingham want to bring the old Superprix circuit back, probably for Formula E again.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.1%