Track Designing Competition

Thanks, wasn't exactly easy to start.

I did use satelite view and saved like that, but it shows that... but there is that button "view interactive environment", and shows satelite view there.

Couldn't get separate link for other layout, so did screenshot.

I'm a big fan of the old Bridge Circuit, and you can't get rid of classics like Copse/Maggots/Beckett/Hangar. Stopping short of Stowe, follow two hairpins that wind back up the old airfield before rejoining the original circuit at Club. From here, follow the old Bridge Circuit through the bridge and uphill. Instead of rejoining at Priory, the circuit goes right to a left hairpin to rejoin the circuit close to Aintree. From here, it follows the current layout back to the S/F line except for taking the tighter bend through Luffield.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7059749

They're best to put at the beginning or end of long straights. Look at my entry.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7059159
It has 4 slow corners, all of which are not close enough to other corners, so not to cause flow issues.
Stowe: Stowe is a great corner as it is, but not much happens there. Cars do get close to each other down the Hangar straight, but the braking point is crazy late as it's a fast turn. By making it tighter, more battles on the brakes can happen there.
My next slow corner, onto the runway at Club, is designed to allow cars to fight back after Stowe. It opens at the exit to allow for different lines.
Slow turn three is effectively a reverse version of Village, which has a curvy braking point for trickiness factor. It's after a high speed corner, and braking hard just after a high speed turn is tricky, and great to get right.
The final slow speed corner is at Woodcote. It is tight on entry, but widens on exit. It's designed to be like Turn 4 at Shanghai, where a slow entry followed by a curved exit allows drivers to lose no time from trying different lines, in the same way Luffield works. This allows you to battle into Copse.

Just because a corner is slow doesn't mean it wrecks the flow. Do you see people complaining about La Source at Spa, The Hairpin at Suzuka or Loews at Monaco? No. Slow corners are as much part of a track as high-speed ones. It's a combination of flow, fun and overtaking that turns a track into a great one.

So I liked your entry, because I think it is not bad, I never said that slow curves are bad, but when there are too much of them, or especially when there are many tight curves in a row. Monaco is somehow different as it is tight everywhere, so perhaps "scale of tigtness" is different there.

I disagree about Stowe, I think that very much happens there. It is very easy to loose the trajectory there. Also very nice elevation.

I disagree about Stowe, I think that very much happens there. It is very easy to loose the trajectory there. Also very nice elevation.
I am a marshal at Silverstone, I've been put on the corner a lot of times, and as the speed of the cars increases, the amount of action at that corner decreases. When you get to single seaters or GT cars and above, action at Stowe happens when someone makes a horrific mistake early on, something breaks, or the guy in front gets a bad exit out of Chapel.

The things which came to my mind were Rosberg overtake of Max last year, my online experience from AC :D Also it is just very exciting curve.

If racing will come down only to outbraking and drag racing from exit to entry then it is just half of it, there has to be action IN the curves.

The things which came to my mind were Rosberg overtake of Max last year, my online experience from AC :D Also it is just very exciting curve.

If racing will come down only to outbraking and drag racing from exit to entry then it is just half of it, there has to be action IN the curves.
Usually I have to say that my tracks usually have a lot of flow and usually only have one/two slow speed corners and usually no chicanes unless it is a street circuit. Have a look at some of my old tracks and see- but I think that at least one streight into a low speed corner is necessery(yes I know it's artificial) that decdends on the entry to the corner(look at CoTA, all the overtaking in that first turn;);););))

They're best to put at the beginning or end of long straights. Look at my entry.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7059159
It has 4 slow corners, all of which are not close enough to other corners, so not to cause flow issues.
Stowe: Stowe is a great corner as it is, but not much happens there. Cars do get close to each other down the Hangar straight, but the braking point is crazy late as it's a fast turn. By making it tighter, more battles on the brakes can happen there.
My next slow corner, onto the runway at Club, is designed to allow cars to fight back after Stowe. It opens at the exit to allow for different lines.
Slow turn three is effectively a reverse version of Village, which has a curvy braking point for trickiness factor. It's after a high speed corner, and braking hard just after a high speed turn is tricky, and great to get right.
The final slow speed corner is at Woodcote. It is tight on entry, but widens on exit. It's designed to be like Turn 4 at Shanghai, where a slow entry followed by a curved exit allows drivers to lose no time from trying different lines, in the same way Luffield works. This allows you to battle into Copse.

Just because a corner is slow doesn't mean it wrecks the flow. Do you see people complaining about La Source at Spa, The Hairpin at Suzuka or Loews at Monaco? No. Slow corners are as much part of a track as high-speed ones. It's a combination of flow, fun and overtaking that turns a track into a great one.
Tbh I complain about those last one, can't stand driving that corner:):)(Na I agree with the points u have made)

I must have copied the wrong link, my track was definelty different- I'll do a new track dw
What probably happened (at least, how it has happened to me) is that Sly looked at your track and then started his own without opening a new page. When he saved it, he overwrote your map # and it effectively became his map. So, word to the wise, start a new map instead of clearing points and starting over.

What probably happened (at least, how it has happened to me) is that Sly looked at your track and then started his own without opening a new page. When he saved it, he overwrote your map # and it effectively became his map. So, word to the wise, start a new map instead of clearing points and starting over.
Ok that makes sense, have done one that is very similair to the one I did in the first place.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.2%