F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Dude, you just did a 1.25.3.... you are not awful at this track, however much you might hate it.

How about taking a screenshot of the summary page that comes up before you exit to the paddock? The one with your old best time and your new best time? This is the second time you've posted an excellent time that didn't get recorded, but you can still provide proof.
I didn't think that screen showed whether you were using driving aids though.. I thought I could use that for my lost lap but for the reason stated decided it would be no good.
Anyway, managed to get a few more laps down last night but still only got as far as a 1:33.5 still a little slower than my lost lap but way off the pace. I thought I might get down to the low 1:30's but that is looking a long way off right now. Doubt I will get any time now before the close so that'll probably have to be my lot on this track. Have thoroughly enjoyed the extra incentive it has given me though.. trouble is I haven't driven a careeer session since I found out about the TT comp last week!!

Just realised I hadnt put up my best time since putting up the video.

This is my final time for this week as ive a long work day tomorrow and wont get time enough to put a lap together.

So everyone enjoy!!

1:24.265 Mclaren PC
Great time there.... any chance of a replay for us slowies to admire? Just one other question though.. I know the little chevron indicators are for driving aids but is the cog for setups? and if so what does it mean when it is lit as opposed to unlit? Is it lit for a custom setup ior something?

strange, my times aren't getting uploaded to the leaderboards either. I double checked an I am connected to GFWL, and only mod installed is realistic cameras.

luckily thought about snapping a screenshot at end of session:
F1_2010_game2010-12-1410-12-10-11.jpg

1.26.816 Finally got a fairly clean lap :D Was racing Tomas' ghost, manage to keep up reasonably untill the 3rd sector starts, then you just fly away lol

if you are connected.. then it should upload.. unless there's a change in the surface material file.. which results in not uploading to the LB

btw, steve, i thought your personal best 1.30.xxx as you had mentioned in your earlier posts.. but here it shows otherwise..

I think I know why it didn't upload, tried to watch the replay after the session to record it, but it froze so I alt F4 out of the game, must be why the time wasn't registered on the boards...silly me

And yes my PB was in the 1.30s untill today (with minimal practiceà, ghost i'm racing is not mine, it's Tomas.

This one did record now, I shaved off 2 thousands of the time I posted above lol :) I'm losing a LOT of time in S3, but not sure how to gain it there hehe

F1_2010_game2010-12-1411-02-40-73.jpg

niceee...
here is mine..

f12010game2010121422125.jpg

@hammerpgh - when you race, if you dont even touch the setups at all.. and register a time.. the LB will not show any cog.. but even if you use the setups provided by the race engineer, either left or right.. then it will show a cog on the leaderboard.. hope that explains it..

@Mike What I tend to do is run as little wing as possible I start with the the front anti roll bar at minimum, rear at max settings and stiffest springs and normally increase 7th gear by 2 points this is for everywhere for me as a baseline, currently ive needed no wing adjustments, not even at Monaco. Since watching someones video ive switched from large to small brakes as the large ones are more of a hinder when turning.

The steps for tuning I make as follows
Brake Balance if the car is switching ends on me 2% to the front until problem is cured.
Front Spring Stiffness is reduced until im able to get round the fastest corner with barely any margin of error.
Gearing can be a pain and im not fully up to speed with it yet so I wont begin to think I know what im saying.
Camber and Toe well again im not familiar but front toe to the right helps turning capability and decreasing the front camber helps somewhat to.

Hope this helps you.

It helped a lot Thanx Andrew, esp the bit about keep watchin the "Grown ups" lol on taking corners. so did what u an Fahad suggested an as a result i've got my time down to 130.5?? which is a huge improvement for me (125.??? in the dry !) so once again thanx to ALL who help out wit advice, PS LMAO at yr daughter askin wen can she watch Mickey Mouse, my two take over the TV AND pooter wen they come round< Bless em

Right, wife's at work and kids have been punted upstairs so a free hour to improve on my 1:32.091..... I see Mike's on and going for it as well.

I tried the setup Tomas gave but I always spin out, I set my best time by using that but putting the gears back to 'normal'. Andrew, are you using the same setup as for Lotus or is it different?

@Mike im not sure what you mean by Grown ups but ill pretend to understand and glad it helps.

@Hammer post #114 shows a lap I did at 1:24.335 although the qualities not billiant if your gonna view it view the second video as its higher quality and can be viewed in 780hd.

@Fahad nice time, your not all that far off now. I cant wait to see what Tomas has to say about you pipping him :)

Just copied and pasted it from the setups page, thought it only best to share it with all there.

Happy Hunting!!

Controller G25 Logitech Steering Wheel

Time Trial (PC)
Time: 1:24:265 (Global Leader)
Car: Mclaren
No assists

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 60% - R 40%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear 1: 130 kph / 81 mph
Gear 2: 164 kph / 102 mph
Gear 3: 193 kph / 120 mph
Gear 4: 224 kph / 139 mph
Gear 5: 256 kph / 159 mph
Gear 6: 292 kph / 182 mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / 206 mph

Engine

Throttle map: fast
Fuel: n/a

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.35

That's very close to what I ended up most comfortable with, the main difference is that I had the Ballast 100% to the rear. I'll have to settle for submitting this average lap. 1:32.091

http://i56.tinypic.com/3150o0l.jpg

I can't call it bad because at least I made it all the way round but I can't call it good because I can do every single corner faster...... just not on the same lap and without invalidating it.

Bring on a dry lap. :D

Well best I could get in the end was a 1:33.326 only to find the damn time didn't upload to the leaderboard again despite the fact I was signed in to xbox live. Have to settle for the time on there which is 1:33.589. Pretty disappointed not to improve but just couldn't string a good lap together and always managed to put a wheel too wide somewhere to invalidate it when I did.

@Mike im not sure what you mean by Grown ups but ill pretend to understand and glad it helps.

oh come on Andrew lol, i feel like i'm a lil kid playin with the grown ups, re racing talent !!!! but i'm really pleased with my progress thanx to the help an tips on here,

@Graham; i saw u were on an laughed to myself, we're like kids doin last minute cramming before an exam lol, i did think about inviting u for a few laps but thought you'd rather spend the time squeezing every last tenth out of the track,
Well done all, i finally managed 130.194 tho prob did myself no favours tryin to get into the 20s,

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.