F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Nice, So limited if you're on XBox for a decent ffb wheel,
Tell me about it :frown: I've got a beautiful Momo Force for my pc sitting upstairs in it's box that I love using but as my pc wasn't up to spec for F1 2010 I am now on the Xbox and have only got one of the cheap MadCatz wheels and pedals (actually better than I thought it was going to be however....). Didn't realise there was such a problem getting hold of a decent wheel for this console and my wife bought it for me (just for this game) as a surprise before I had done any research into it.

Oooh a bitter sweet surprise gift ! I only just got the limited edition halo reach xbox (I to was goin over to ps3 but wen they announced F1 on xbox I upgraded) an gave the old one to my boy, had I have known the pathetic choice of wheels i wouldn't have bothered, even thinkin about pc but I've got an iMac an not looked into spec requirements, may have to go for the ms or madcatz, tho, no offence Hammer lol, it looks cheap an flimsy, any advice welcome

Check out the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel..It's xbox compatible, as well as PC and PS3. Looks like a great wheel. The optional Clubsport pedals really are amazing, and you can buy a tuning kit to tweak it to your preferences (springs, differents foams, etc) They're also releasing the "Porshe 911 Turbo S" in january I think.

3 days late to start the new TT, must be something serious going on at home, hope its not bad news.

I would go ahead and pick the next track but I dont wanna overstep my bounds.

Well i agree Andrew, major things good and bad happen to us all, an there will be times when sortin a race track is the last thing on your mind, like u i just hope it's not something bad but good, its awkward but i'm sure under the circumstances he wouldn't offended if we agreed a track amongst ourselves even if its an "unofficial" TT until we hear something

Ok then go for it I know some of you hate the wet, but once you have a stable setup for the wet or at least a setup you can handle its far easier when doing it in the dry as you have a solid baseline to work with so on that note as someone already mentioned.

Singapore Marina Bay (Wet)

Let the Racing Commence!!!

What a lucky guess. haha. Just posted a rubbish 1:58.650 and it's the 13th fastest non-assist on xbox, hoping to take that under 1:50.

@Mike - What wheel are you getting? The Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel seems to be the only really decent one for XBox but I'm looking at getting the one Argos have for £35 first, then a chair and then a decent wheel methinks.

oh Great a WET track that i don't know, after goin from one freakin place to another in the snow, only to find the only wheel available for xbox is a Madcatz wireless.... @ game for £112 !!!!!!! an they couldn't even tell me if the paddles on it could be used for gears instead of the shift stick so we got it out the box AND........ still no fricken idea ! so didn't get it, sob, i'm now gonna open a bottle (maybe 2) of wine an get learning Marina Bay...... cheers Andrew LMAO,

@Graham, was goin for the MS wireless as its within budget, unlike the Gorgeous 911 G2, how depressing, i think i'll make that 2 bottles lol

@Mike the Madcatz wheel from Argos is the one I got to tide me over until I can afford a better one. Its quite small and the paddles are pretty diddy but I find it ok for now. Pedals don't have much play in them but at the end of the day you get what you pay for and right now its all I could afford. I simply couldn't get on with the gamepad, totally alien for me being a long time wheel and pedals user. Feels flimsy compared to wheels I have been used to but its not that bad for 35 quid and of course with Argos you can always try it out for a week or so and if you don't like it take it back for a full refund.
I also saw the Game one but £112 quid for a non force feedback unit seemed a bit steep to me.

Get the controller pad out Mike, I'm sure you'll still manage to beat me. My first lap was a laughable 2:08.xxx, I don't know the track either but I improved fairly quickly. I'm using the McLaren with the Engineers very wet setup. BTW, I'm fairly sure you can use the paddles on the Madcatz, I considered one of those as well but I reckon even the cheapest wheel will make a big difference and free up funds to buy/build a seat.

Anyone else think that a wheel should count as an assist? :tongue:

thanx for the heads up Hammer i'll continue to check out my options, seems everyone has bought a wheel for xmas, i've fiddled wit my mates an can get it to work but only on auto as paddles cause more probs than the d-pad an green button, so i've been getin use to the track, albeit in the dry to start wit, but just gonna try in the rain, never had so many invalid laps tho i don't think the wine's helpin, well not the drivin anyway lol

@Graham, like Hammer i tried the controller but was like i'd never used it before so that was the last straw that sent me on the futile hunt in the city, as for the seat, check this link bud, my next project (but not an ottoman) http://technabob.com/blog/2010/11/03/game-racing-ottoman/ also saw a seat on argos web site for £20 iirr ! Personally i don't think a wheel should count as an assist as thr are many fast times by both an i was one who did til my m8 loaned me his wheel an it took a while but hung in cos i enjoyed the "experience' more,

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.