F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Well I have asked how others do it I would gladly do so so if anyone can either give me a way to get it from the game or a tool to video it, I will do it no probs, although posting another 1:24.4 might take a while since im shaking after that run.

Update on new time

1:24.473

Im about to wrench the steering wheel off my desk if im to go any quicker.

Attachments

• Melbourne Wet.jpg
    Melbourne Wet.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 194
oo.. you need a full version.. or a cracked one..
pm me if you need details..

btw, you can try xfire too.. but another way to record your video without having to suffer the lag is that..
you start your session.. and load up watever setups u need to.. and keep playing, without restarts or going to the garage.. once you have done a proper lap.. just hit ESC and quit to paddock directly, when you do that, you should see a menu with view replay.. so you can play ur replay and record during the replay.. that how i get it done..

anyways here is a video of my 1.26.302
i suck in the wet and im terrible in melbourne, so im pretty satisfied with my time... and only got to try out this weeks TT, only today..

Fahad do you have any problems when trying to view a replay over a lap long? this is the problem I get when trying to enter it.

ok I would have uploaded it but getting this error
F1_2010_game 2010-12-11 19-08-32-54.avi - Invalid File

basically it freezes on the first frame and goes between black screen and the picture in a fading effect, has happened twice now ill try and do this lap over 1 lap but its hard to do, wish me luck. oh yeah need to know what file type ppl are using I guess for me to be able to upload it.

(Edit) Ok I have my video now althogh when I play it back it stutters like crazy, shame cos its a 1:24.6 ill put it up anyway if ppl want it. ust gonna do another lap probably just one to get around the trap using a higher fps capture maybe that will sort the stuttering.

(Edit Edit) New Video captured slightly stuttered but no where near as bad as last 1:24.362 is the time.

Also set a faster lap just before that but video was fading from black to picture on the first frame so had to do it all over again I was gutted, thankfully I got this one.

Vidoe will be up in just over 3 hours its gonna take a while to upload to youtube.

oo.. you need a full version.. or a cracked one..
pm me if you need details..

btw, you can try xfire too.. but another way to record your video without having to suffer the lag is that..
you start your session.. and load up watever setups u need to.. and keep playing, without restarts or going to the garage.. once you have done a proper lap.. just hit ESC and quit to paddock directly, when you do that, you should see a menu with view replay.. so you can play ur replay and record during the replay.. that how i get it done..

anyways here is a video of my 1.26.302
i suck in the wet and im terrible in melbourne, so im pretty satisfied with my time... and only got to try out this weeks TT, only today..

Nice Lap Fahad, could i ask what your set up is plz, i'm gettin to grips with Manual in the dry but as for the wet SHEEEEESH, im tryin different cars etc an always seem to spin out ! your car is flat out in corners that makes me feel like i'm playin a different game, i'm more than prepared to accept i'm crap in the wet BUT if i could get the grip you get in that vid i know i could put in a respectable time, PS ive tried the recommended Wet set up on RD but to no avail, if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to say, cheers

Thanx for tht Fahad, I've just given up an come to bed in despair lol, will give it another go Tomoro an keep workin at it, think I'm tryin to learn/change to much, to soon, ie man gearing, set ups, learning circuits, etc, but I'll keep practicing an hope next circuit is one I know an DRY lol,

Video should be ready after lunch, ended up using a digital camera. time is a 1:24.335 so pretty close to my best. Done it in 2 angles first the cockpit cos thats how I drive and then the normal replay cam because it shows just how much kirb im taking.

@Fahad, yr right I'll stick to quick set up, wings an brake, still workin out whether to brake an downshift at same time or brake first etc, but I will get there an watchin other vids, seems pointless as there grip an braking power seem is on a different planet its of no use to my car/ability lol (ATM anyway) maybe we could link up for a race sometime on xbox an u could give me some pointers (wen u got the time ;-)

@Mike What I tend to do is run as little wing as possible I start with the the front anti roll bar at minimum, rear at max settings and stiffest springs and normally increase 7th gear by 2 points this is for everywhere for me as a baseline, currently ive needed no wing adjustments, not even at Monaco. Since watching someones video ive switched from large to small brakes as the large ones are more of a hinder when turning.

The steps for tuning I make as follows
Brake Balance if the car is switching ends on me 2% to the front until problem is cured.
Front Spring Stiffness is reduced until im able to get round the fastest corner with barely any margin of error.
Gearing can be a pain and im not fully up to speed with it yet so I wont begin to think I know what im saying.
Camber and Toe well again im not familiar but front toe to the right helps turning capability and decreasing the front camber helps somewhat to.

Hope this helps you.

Gearing can be a pain and im not fully up to speed with it yet so I wont begin to think I know what im saying.
Camber and Toe well again im not familiar but front toe to the right helps turning capability and decreasing the front camber helps somewhat to.

Hope this helps you.[/QUOTE]

You can say anything as far as i'm concerned with times like tht lol.
It is a help bud an can't wait to get a good long session in. Thanx a load for takin the time to explain as it can be sooooo confusing as one change can alter another i've heard :confused: enjoyed yr lap m8, well done, Keep pushin !!!!

well.. i will give this track one last go tonight after work.. i just hate this track..
@andrew - its insane how you got so much grip in the corners with tat settings, and how early you are able to throttle out of the corners, with tc off.. i can't even get anywhere close to that early into putting the gas..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back