The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

baf2c4ebd45de2dd4d53a2f050800fdd.jpg

not soon.................
UMMMM that civic type R VTEC HAS KICKED IN YOOOOOOOOO!!!

My latest project, or folly :)rolleyes:), is a kind of fantasy circuit, but based on real roads. I love the Nordschleife and I got to wondering if there are any real roads in a similar type of terrain to the Eifel Mountains, that might provide an exciting and challenging circuit in AC.

I have found 5 or 6 tracks so far, with this one in France being my favourite, set in the Morvan Regional Park. It is 26 km long and has a height differential of just over 200m.

Fonteny_SAT.jpg

It's great fun in AC already (with a 9 minute lap in the awesome Lola T70) - I just need to make sure I don't smooth off too many of its rough edges :)

My intention is to make a Nords-type track (or maybe a series of tracks, 20-30km long) that is more about the driving experience than track-side objects and detail. Because of that I guess this project will be either personal or for anyone who asks for a copy, rather than a polished release like Thomson Road was.

I can see some crazy sections in that map, I wonder how elevations are distributed, I guess more turns means steep hill climb section. 200m altitudes differences - huge.

Yeah polishing all that area would be a bit suicidal, I think it would be good decision just to focus on the road and basic road side areas, with some variation to avoid monotony. I think it is good idea. I would like to do one too (in that way).

PADFuna.jpg

Added seat, working on sealing up the frame (at least where joins are visible) so I can UV unwrap it. Once I put in the pedals I'll redo the driver animation, he's sitting a bit funny.

I think this is the worst part of open wheelers... 84 empties most of which have separate meshes tied to them. Next race car I do will be a tin top with a hood and fenders and stuff so I don't have to model the engine/suspension in as much detail.
nUfD9y8.jpg

Last edited:
I got some nice detail photos from the Paul Ricard car of Team Herberth and since the adaptions weren´t too bad, I created the livery. I actually like the orange touches, even though they don´t really match the general design.

preview.jpg

And well, there is allready a skin for their current GT Masters car, but it´s based on pre-season photos I think and so I though I´d use the shapes I allready had from the 24h Series skins to create the GT Masters one from this weekend @Lausitzring. Still missing some details, like a DMSB decal where I can´t find what´s written below the logo, it´s behind the drivers side name tags (If anybody has a close photo of the decal, that´d be awesome). Not 100% sure about the colors yet, too, will fine tune it in the sim renderer.
preview.jpg

Also still missing the magnet-shop.net on the rear wing.
__custom_showroom_1495404473.jpg

I was very happy about the reception of the Walkenhorst Z4 skin in this thread, but before I could really continue working on it, someone released a skin for the car allready. The alignment of the rainbow color shape things is incredible on that skin, sadly it´s better than on the real car and some decals and fonts are a bit off here and there, so I´ll probably restart work on my version, don´t know if I´ll release it though, as that might be slightly rude (Well, my nitpicking in the sentences before also is, so please excuse that).

I´ll release the Herberth skins this week.

And almost forgot it, on the AC forum I read that the fog lights of the GT3 R are skinnable now, can anyone confirm this and tell me where to look? I tried CM but I didn´t find it yet.

Cheers, Lennart

...some decals and fonts are a bit off here and there, so I´ll probably restart work on my version, don´t know if I´ll release it though, as that might be slightly rude (Well, my nitpicking in the sentences before also is, so please excuse that).

There's nothing rude about valid critical comments - it's how we all improve, I think :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back