The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

thx for the compliment... I guess theres alot to work with.. i will remove alot of polys. THen theres plenty of loose parts... Not sure if i will try to atach them. Im considering modeling the engine aswell.. A 6000cc Bmw v12... Theres gotta be a model of it XD.

Im a a amature.. But i will keep mye eye up for details..

btw a note.. I like your mods! Gotta say i admireyour creativity and skill.. The honda lawnmover and the dallara.. I have had alot fun with them. Thank you!

I am working on first skin for AC.

But can't figure out why this is happening.

Using a large image resolution of pirelli logo sticker (tried 2k res, 4k now 8k) and every time I place it looks distorted on edges.

In another photoshop window I open the 8K logo sticker .png file than ctrl+mouse click on layer to select it copy it over to skin file.

Paste it in than free transform it using shift key so it scales uniformly.

Get it aligned up and.... it looks like :poop:

Just look how clear the yellow tyre pirelli logo is compared to my shiitbox.
KiFKXHr.png

I am working on first skin for AC.

But can't figure out why this is happening.

Using a large image resolution of pirelli logo sticker (tried 2k res, 4k now 8k) and every time I place it looks distorted on edges.

In another photoshop window I open the 8K logo sticker .png file than ctrl+mouse click on layer to select it copy it over to skin file.

Paste it in than free transform it using shift key so it scales uniformly.

Get it aligned up and.... it looks like :poop:

Just look how clear the yellow tyre pirelli logo is compared to my shiitbox.
KiFKXHr.png

What resolution is your skinfile? What type of DDS are you saving it as? What is your AF setting in game?

It's most likely your skinfile resolution; that looks like it'd be about a 2K skin to me.

A comparison to the Pireli logo on the tire is irrelevant; it's a completely different texture file, the two resolutions have no relation to eachother.

What resolution is your skinfile? What type of DDS are you saving it as? What is your AF setting in game?

It's most likely your skinfile resolution; that looks like it'd be about a 2K skin to me.

A comparison to the Pireli logo on the tire is irrelevant; it's a completely different texture file, the two resolutions have no relation to eachother.

Saving it DXT5 ARGB 8.

Yes its 2k skin template.

Tried various logo size for pirelli, vector, png etc.

Game af is maxed, this is content manager showroom just for test but everything there is maxed too.

Convert it to a smart object before resizing it. (I also try to get it close to the size I will need on the car before drag and dropping it.)

Tried smart object didn't work..also resizing logo before drag and drop but doesn't work.

Sharpness around edges won't stay.

Saving it DXT5 ARGB 8.

Yes its 2k skin template.

Tried various logo size for pirelli, vector, png etc.

That's the "issue." You won't get anything sharper out of a 2K skin, there's not enough pixels. If you want it to be crisper, you'll have to work in 4K.

It has nothing to do with the logo itself, or the source of the logo, it's simply the skin file you're making is too low res to get a texture that appears sharper. Think of it this way; zoom in to your skinfile so the Pirelli logo is as large on your screen as it is in that screenshot. That's what you're doing by zooming in to the car. The skinfile just isn't big enough.

2K skins are more or less fine for other cars on track; usually the pixellation isn't noticeable unless you're really close to the car. Most skin makers work in 4K or 8K resolutions so the skin is crisper, but this comes at a performance hit.

I suggest making your skins in at least 4K, and save a second version of the finished skin in 2K so people have the option of which to use. I also highly recommend working with vectors whenever possible. Use Brands of the World, or similar sites, to find vector versions of popular brands. You may have to remove a background in a vector app (like Illustrator, or Corel Draw), but otherwise you can bring these in to your skinfile in Photoshop as a smart object. Vectors allow you to scale infinitely without quality loss (among many other huge benefits).

If you insist on working with raster images for your logos, you don't need an 8K image of the logo - you only need one as large (or slightly larger) than what the size will be on the car. Keep in mind, though, every time you rotate or resize the raster logo, you will make it look worse, so if you work in raster do all of your scaling/rotating at the same time in the same Free Transform to prevent severe quality degradation.

Last edited:
Thanks for help.

Agh so just a deal with it deal due to 2k.

If there is 20+ cars running in 4k it eats up lot of resources.

Is there any blending option trick that can improve it a bit?

Or should I just accept the way it its?

Last edited:
Thanks for help.

Agh so just a deal with it deal due to 2k.

If there is 20+ cars running in 4k it eats up lot of resources.

Is there any blending option trick that can improve it a bit?

Or should I just accept the way it its?

My way to skin the cars in AC:
Make the complete skin done in 4096x4096.
All logos are vectors out of Corel Draw or similar apps.
After I've done the whole skin work I save one in the 4K resolution and another one indownscaled in 2K.
The reason behind that:
Also the 2K version of the skin will be a bit sharper if I use the rescaled version instead of making the skin in 2K from the beginning.

I hope its helpful for your :thumbsup:

My way to skin the cars in AC:
Make the complete skin done in 4096x4096.
All logos are vectors out of Corel Draw or similar apps.
After I've done the whole skin work I save one in the 4K resolution and another one indownscaled in 2K.
The reason behind that:
Also the 2K version of the skin will be a bit sharper if I use the rescaled version instead of making the skin in 2K from the beginning.

I hope its helpful for your :thumbsup:

Got it.
Thanks for help everyone.

Starting from scratch today.

So if I take the template provided by Kunos for the McLaren P1 GTR its at 2k resolution.

Can I just increase image size to 4096x4096 for each layer?

Or is it better to use content manager to bake new AO at 4096x4096 and mapping at 4096x4096.

And yes I have downloaded all the tyre and logo packs from RD that are 8k resolution.

This is the skin I finished yesterday (2k version) now need to start all over again :(

JCeAg1P.png

Last edited:
Got it.
Thanks for help everyone.

Starting from scratch today.

So if I take the template provided by Kunos for the McLaren P1 GTR its at 2k resolution.

Can I just increase image size to 4096x4096 for each layer?

Or is it better to use content manager to bake new AO at 4096x4096 and mapping at 4096x4096.

And yes I have downloaded all the tyre and logo packs from RD that are 8k resolution.

This is the skin I finished yesterday (2k version) now need to start all over again :(

JCeAg1P.png
Simple resize the original template.
And you don't have to restart from scratch now with the 4K version. Take your upscaled 2K skin as template. So you'll find the right positions for everything much easier. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, a quick headsup, the SDK pipeline and relating template scenes, tools etc. got updated to version 2.0 with hotfix 1.14.3. The document should cover plenty of previously unreleased instructions and guidelines to modding in AC, including our most recent quality requirements that we use for the creation of official content. Of course, it's not comprehensive, I still urge you to keep the community spirit going and also visit the modding section on the official support forum to give and receive more information and support. Thanks for your efforts, apologies for the delay, it'd been long due, and keep up the good work. Happy modding!

Last edited:
Going back to areas that need improvement today on the Peugeot 905. A legacy of my learning process I suppose :roflmao: Still had to go though. Also found time to start modelling the canopy.

qdE6yvV.png

Engine cover is somewhat guesstimated at the minute. The blueprints show it tapering to a sharp point. But in reality it seems to be closer to what I have modeled with a but more of a "bulge". Hard to find good images of it though.

Keep in mind, though, every time you rotate or resize the raster logo, you will make it look worse, so if you work in raster do all of your scaling/rotating at the same time in the same Free Transform to prevent severe quality degradation.

If you repeatedly transform a raster logo that is inside a smart object, it won't be degraded on each transformation because changes will be applied to the full resolution object (not to it's current state as in a regular layer). One problem about this method, is that you can't select the resize algorithm to optimize your results (it would be VERY handy when directly working on a 2K skin).

If you repeatedly transform a raster logo that is inside a smart object, it won't be degraded on each transformation because changes will be applied to the full resolution object (not to it's current state as in a regular layer). One problem about this method, is that you can't select the resize algorithm to optimize your results (it would be VERY handy when directly working on a 2K skin).

Right; forgot about that. Good solution if you can't/won't work in Vector. :)

too much car screenshots here, some track screenshot for all of you :)View attachment 193136

:confused:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies