The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Had a couple of hours today to do some more work on this. Got the tricky areas that the blueprints don't show modeled along with a couple of extras. But can anyone point me towards the correct way to create panel gaps? I've seen a few tutorials online that show a few methods, but not sure which would be the best?
Ica5CKC.png
Hi Man ))
Some great advice on here ,
But specifically your questions answered best of luck with it , looks like a cool project ,
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to.1173/

Does AC have a slow motion playback option? A lot of the guys who made videos for LFS back in the day used to play the replays at 1/4 speed, then speed up in post to help eliminate the stutters.
12x Slow Motion ,
Do not know about as of right now this second ,
But was buggy regarding the BLUR on the rims ,
Coming and going all the time , Maybe why people dont use it , who knows ,
But yes its there :)

The survey plat indicates one turn (upper left corner) had 30 degree banking and one turn (far right) had 40 degree banking. Sediment has settled in over the years to make banking degrees somewhat less. Stock cars entering front stretch for start of race. The front stretch was actually a long curved section of track that went up hill to a tight 30 degree banked turn. The pit lane is the long straight section at "top" of track.
Augusta 510 racing (1).jpg

I don't quite understand the banking as that is in no way near that much. Daytona is 31* and that is nowhere near that much banking. As I mentioned at one point the most I measured was around 10*. I can see over the years losing a degree or two but not 20+.

For reference turn 9 at RIR is 10* at its max.

That is fine. We will just have to work with what we have as concrete info. Perhaps changes were made once the project started and the banking was reduced. Having walked the track many times and raced at Daytona I have also questioned the banking indicated on plat. I am not technical at all and love the satellite image you shared. Thanks for all that you are doing.

That is fine. We will just have to work with what we have as concrete info. Perhaps changes were made once the project started and the banking was reduced. Having walked the track many times and raced at Daytona I have also questioned the banking indicated on plat. I am not technical at all and love the satellite image you shared. Thanks for all that you are doing.

With absolutely no backing knowledge of the circuit whatsoever, I'm inclined to believe the real circuit was nowhere near as extreme as the plans were; banking corners that much is very expensive and yet serves no real purpose on a track like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if those banking figures were outright lies in the planning stages to drum up interest (and capital?) to get the project off the ground, so to speak.

If someone lives in the area, it might be worth a trip to have a look and see how much of the real surface remains and maybe try to get some preliminary measurements? If sediment has settled in it could be removed in small patches to get a measurement in a few choice spots that could be used to compare to the data Lilski has.

Reactions: CC
In either case there is little doubt in my mind this track would have been deemed too unsafe if it had lived into the 70s and 80s as cars got faster, and had more downforce. Especially with the water being right there.

Last edited:
OvFTvz6.jpg

Not a car project as such, call it 'theory of bevels' I guess. Manually merging the bevels where an S shape inverts to try to wrap my head around how it should go. subd surface can't do this kind of smoothing. (as you can plainly see it's ellipses... the outer 2 rows of faces aren't part of the bevel) also did one where it's S shape into a single plane but I'm not as happy with that yet.

Crops up a few times on the project I have planned after the Formula Ford's done. I think it was popular in the 60s design philosophy; I've also seen it come up on late model trucks where the fender flares will have a groove at the top, then this kind of invert, then flared outward.

Last edited:
With absolutely no backing knowledge of the circuit whatsoever, I'm inclined to believe the real circuit was nowhere near as extreme as the plans were; banking corners that much is very expensive and yet serves no real purpose on a track like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if those banking figures were outright lies in the planning stages to drum up interest (and capital?) to get the project off the ground, so to speak.

If someone lives in the area, it might be worth a trip to have a look and see how much of the real surface remains and maybe try to get some preliminary measurements? If sediment has settled in it could be removed in small patches to get a measurement in a few choice spots that could be used to compare to the data Lilski has.
This is race track turn #1, it will be turn #5 on the plat that I will post. I do not believe it is 30 degrees as the plat states. That is pit exit right in center of photo. The photo with limo gives a better feeling of what the banking actually is.
16178863_282731835475650_8937724546884426421_o.jpg

Attachments

• 16177582_280716729010494_7006652425414773677_o.jpg
    16177582_280716729010494_7006652425414773677_o.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 221

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes