The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

more procrastination :)
a scratched exhaust and bumpy metal plate to protect the rear wheel arch. More transparency for the headlights as well. Caterham logo on the seats..
acShowroom 2017-02-12 11-49-44-26.jpg

acShowroom 2017-02-12 11-49-39-60.jpg

and less sexinews with a LOD_B in the process... 120.000 poly down to 50.000 already, and it's rather addictive!

Transit and the Caterham should go official I tell you, but after they will get into top 10 of car mods :D (I think they will)
Caterham could and should defintely go official - its 100% british pack material - and there's not a single AC user that wouldnt want some Caterham action.

Transit? Maybe as an April fools joke :roflmao: but I don't see it. Probably less backlash than the SUVs tho... :p

Seeing that I feel so inadequate :unsure:

You guys rock :confused:
Inadequate? The detail level on that Audi is remarkable! I think what you mean is we (ie. everyone submitting content in this thread) rock :)

XHgvji1h.jpg

27QCQ3ch.jpg

That exhaust is the business! Looking amazing.

Here's my first draft at a tyre texture - tough stuff, taken all afternoon to get to this point. Genuinely proud of the result, I think it looks pretty decent!

lvM4D56h.jpg

6WcTDxrh.jpg

And blur - no dirt yet.

V1xFG4Ph.jpg

Michelin Man says hey :laugh:
qdXZUGYh.jpg
Amazing stuff, you have all the right to be proud of that!
Want any beta testers or skin makers?:whistling:

@Fat-Alfie Coming together nicely! Looks great to race through that forest section.

Oh man! Is there a thread anywhere about this Lola?
It's a somewhat complicated story. The original car is by CrossPly for rfactor 2 and maybe even rf1 but not sure. Smallblockhero took it upon himself to rip that mod without any permission for AC with garbage physics.

Aphidgod built some new physics and wished it could be released. Well I suggested contacting CrossPly and see if he would be OK with a proper conversion. In the end he was ok with the conversion and even ISI allowed certain parts to be ported as the T70 used some Howston assets.

So permission had been granted, physics have been made, just looking for the model to be converted from rf2. The model shown above is the one ripped by smallblockhero. It was decided it was best to not use anything that was originally ripped without permission.

Last edited:
Is ripping with a permission still ripping ? :D I might try to download the notorious 3Dsimed lol

@Fat-Alfie I'm so torn ! W125 needs an update so badly, after that Xj13, and then Nemuno Ziedas, thankfully I haven't started anything else..... oh, wait....

AW4jTHz.jpg

Hey, 1000 posts in this thread.

Wing mirrors (for the record they show very little. whatever, no pillars or blindspots) and "change shape of front edge of belly" crossed out although the second one's tough to see. 2 items left on the 'exterior' list; brake lines and the badge.

Also did some other stuff to the belly bringing it up to 'top LOD' spec now that everything around its edges is in place and I can bevel and such without worrying it passes through suspension mounts. Main noticeable part of that is that the skin currently doesn't line up right and probably won't fix that until I do a final 'make it as skinnable as possible' pass on the UVs of the entire body at once. Where I'll make a test map with horizontal/vertical lines and try to get the seams to line up reasonably between top & bottom halves, and reduce distortion of the faces where possible.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea