The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Sorry for jumping in random.. i have been bussy with alot of things and other projects..

Just curious do anyone here perhaps have some accurate cockpit pictures for the peugeot 905 1991.. i found some but i cant not determinate if the all versions shared the same design...

For the model itself.. im quite disapointed with the smoothing results and the roof design so no new previews of my model yet..

But i struggled understanding the physic making.. i will probly be able to sort out a simple ingamemodel... but alot of things wont be well for me. Animation cockpit gauge etc.

Im more modeler then a ingame worker :/

Kf5fpIA.jpg

As you can see, it's very near the finish line... :sneaky:

Looks beautiful, and in its natural habitat, too :)

From the Singapore Grand Prix (1967?)
One minute before track opened. Rodney Seow’s Merlyn Mk10 with Denis Geary’s Lota T70 in the background. The Lola T70 would have been SL71/31 built in 1965 by Ron Bennett at the Lola Works for Sid Taylor, using a 5.0-litre Cevy engine. It was raced in 1966 with a 5.9-litre engine and carried T.S.7 as part of Team Surtees.

Everyone loves a show girl :D

Not getting much done lately, waiting on a new mouse to replace the one that's been getting more unreliable and unwieldy by the day... clicking when you don't want, not clicking when you do... :roflmao:

Got my first object textured on the Transit - the number plate, of course! :p Yes, that's the exact one that went round the 'Ring on TG, just checked the DVLA - its still legal! MOT'd and Taxed :thumbsup: The legend lives on!

y81CMUDh.jpg

And by the time it rusts away, at least we should have a virtual one to carry the flag! :laugh:

al7pvr8h.jpg

eY6pdjUh.jpg

And no, I've not forgotten about the Dallara - I'm keen to get it out as soon as possible!

Edit* Wheels unwrapped/baked now. Looking to do tyres soon, not sure how to go about it. I seem to remember a decent guide (by the Meco, I think) on the AC forums on making high res models for Normal maps, might try that for the tread/sidewalls.

Looking better already. Actual mesh is quite bad in some places, will need a lot of tidying up.

4bZtG50h.jpg

J6WrvELh.jpg

ZTkz0mKh.jpg

Last edited:
It's way too shiny for a white van :unsure: It should be near black on the back with "wash me please" finger painted in it. If that's not in the first release I'll be sure to create that haha!

Looking awesome man. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to a van as much as I do now.

Made this track in RTB. I started to watch tutorials and practice along with Blender so i can texture the terrain and make ffb road mesh and in general make improvements in areas where RTB is lacking.
Not the video of entire layout, just 2 minutes from the session where i tested Ai.

Bit puzzled with my rim blur.

With alpha_blend on, and transparency OFF you get a weird effect where the holes in the texture work but you see right through to the track rather than the brakes etc. behind.

l864VEth.jpg

With transparency ON, it looks much better for the most part, you see the brakes properly. BUT, the whole texture has some sort of self-transparency, so at some angles you get a weird effect (last pic).

Re1uhvBh.jpg

J4Vfsy5h.jpg

Anyone know of a solution? Also bit annoying not being able to use the multimap shaders for blur either, since you can't tone down the reflections with an RGB map, but its not a bit deal.

___

Lol, sorted it. Just made a separate material for the polys which have transparency - then keep the rest non transparent in the ksEditor. Much better :)

CDiUHzfh.jpg

Last edited:
If 2 faces are both marked transparent, it's "random" which one will be able to be seen through the other one (depends what order they're drawn, which within a single object you have no way to control) - whichever one it draws first gets written onto the depth map, so if the other one's behind it it'll never get drawn.

For separate objects you can control this (so eg. you could make the 'back' faces draw first) by using the object Priority value, you change it and then click 'reorder' in kseditor and then save persistence so it'll store the priorities.
isTransparent is just a shortcut for "draw very last", anything where it's true will be drawn after things with false, but you can still set priority within objects where isTransparent is true.

Looks great Gary.

I am itching to skin it.

I hope that you leave the possibility for adding our own number plates open.
That plate will just look plain wrong in the liveries i plan on doing.

Look forward to getting my hands on that Ford

Cheers @Stereo, always bringing the knowledge!

Looks great Gary.

I am itching to skin it.

I hope that you leave the possibility for adding our own number plates open.
That plate will just look plain wrong in the liveries i plan on doing.

Look forward to getting my hands on that Ford

Yeah, I can't wait to see what people come up with, a lot of possibilities with such a blank canvas.

And yeah, plate will be skinnable too!

I am ramping up to make the (In my opinion) most iconic Danish movie or TV car.

If I say:

”Så er der Kronhjort”

”Kaffe og kage og frem og tilbage.”

”Ska du ha soya i rullen?......FUK!”

Then there are a couple of generations on each side of my age, that knows exactly what I am talking about.

000124.jpg

Then we add the song.

BDR BISP 1 300 dpi jpg.jpg

And I have permission from the creators of the show, where it is from to do this.

Happy modding

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea