The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

AW4jTHz.jpg

Hey, 1000 posts in this thread.

Wing mirrors (for the record they show very little. whatever, no pillars or blindspots) and "change shape of front edge of belly" crossed out although the second one's tough to see. 2 items left on the 'exterior' list; brake lines and the badge.

Also did some other stuff to the belly bringing it up to 'top LOD' spec now that everything around its edges is in place and I can bevel and such without worrying it passes through suspension mounts. Main noticeable part of that is that the skin currently doesn't line up right and probably won't fix that until I do a final 'make it as skinnable as possible' pass on the UVs of the entire body at once. Where I'll make a test map with horizontal/vertical lines and try to get the seams to line up reasonably between top & bottom halves, and reduce distortion of the faces where possible.

Can't friggin wait :D

Oh probably, I have 5 planned to do but I imagine it'd be nice to have more like 15-20 for release. Template's not ready yet though. And I might still shove more detail textures into it since it has a few blank spots.
That'll work just fine with my schedule; I'll need at least a week or two to climb out from under the pile of freelance work I've got at the moment anyways. :)

Is ripping with a permission still ripping ? :D I might try to download the notorious 3Dsimed lol
I'm so torn ! W125 needs an update so badly, after that Xj13, and then Nemuno Ziedas, thankfully I haven't started anything else..... oh, wait....

What about the 312P, is really want that car! :confused:

Didn't do much yesterday, too preoccupied with the new track!

Did get new textures/shaders in-game for the exhaust and whatnot - not perfect but better than the super bright/shiny one before.

(Sorry, you can't really see the details as its so dark)

FFxHxPTh.jpg

PzqOjALh.jpg

Also had a crack at new tyres for the Dallara/Transit, struggling for heat in the Dallara but otherwise all seems good.

Also working on potential CFD data for the Transit - very excited about this, we'll see how it goes. Planning on using the Fin capability to simulate the slab sidedness of the van, which will no doubt generate some sideforce and drag at yaw angles. Can't wait to see how this effects it, right now laptimes are a tad quick.

They made the perfect track for your van :D How do you plan on doing the CFD data?

The new track is a bit of a weird one - for me it feels even more artificial than BBC.

The S1 is seriously impressive, mostly the cockpit, but if you take a closer look into the textures and and filenames its pretty obvious that it had been parked on the Kunos harddrives for quite a while since Panky became part of the team. Close to 100 separate files, basically no undercarriage modelling (the springs are just a cylinder with some stripes - and its own single texture file). For what limits Kunos has regarding samples the sound is great tho, especially the interior. Exterior maybe a little too "digital" in feel.

@Stereo I have a problem with my suspension animation.. I have my normal four lower wishbones, and parented to them is an Empty each for the ARB linkage in the middle of the lower wishbone, which has its own keyframes to roughly follow the ARB blade. So its "ARM_LOWER_LF" -> "ARB_LINK_LF" at front and "ARM_LOWER_LR" -> "ARB_LINK_LR" at the rear.

Moves as it should in Blender, but ingame this works fine only on the rear, but not on the front, the ARB link does not rotate, even tho the orientation of all the empties LF and LR is the same. Are there limitations on the steered axle maybe? I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots at hand.

Moves as it should in Blender, but ingame this works fine only on the rear, but not on the front, the ARB link does not rotate, even tho the orientation of all the empties LF and LR is the same. Are there limitations on the steered axle maybe? I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots at hand.
Hmm, mine are children of the body and pointed (using blender constraints) at the wishbone and work ok.

Depth of field is just engine limitation of post-processing dof (only 1 depth allowed anywhere in the scene which is the closest one to the camera), not sure about smoke.
I think you can disable depthwrite on objects if you really want to but it'll cause other problems - transparent objects that are actually behind them getting drawn on top. And the edges of the window would get blurry if they're in front of something far away.

XF9Ilnz.jpg

Took a bit of fiddling (blender likes rotating stuff by 90 if it's animated) but the engine cover has a hotkey to remove it in the showroom now. This seemed like the easiest spot to set it.

Last edited:
What about the 312P, is really want that car! :confused:

Be patient, it is last in my list. But I really want that car too, it could be great rival for GT40, 908LH and XJ13.

Last time I was working on this car was probably October. I got Front end a bit closer to real thing, wheels and some more...

Front end now and before:

oJzW5fN.png

And got the model into AC

RLLTDU5.jpg

Should be finished before AC2 rolls out :D I hope they will keep modding lol

:whistling:

7mod_oldie2.jpg

Is there a reason the depth of field doesn't show through glasses ? Anything special to do in ksEditor ? Or is it the engine limitation
Same with smoke effects, i don't see it through the windows :/

Could have something to do with the "Is transparent" parameter of the glass object? I don't know if setting to 1 could solve your problem, never noticed the problems regarding dof and smoke behind glass.....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%