The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

haven't worked with other peoples templates in ages
QpfldB6.jpg

aItQ7X1.jpg

adapting this from the 24h Nür 2000... not too many know Falken flew a (3GS powered) GT500 Supra around the Nordschleife that year. Did good times, sadly DNF due to a crash

@Charles Amyouni hope your really don't change the UV for the next update :speechless:
Very minor change to fix the front bumper afaik. You should notice a difference in that gold zock logo for example.

All in all it’s conventional with some BMW complexity madness I’d say.

The front is pretty classic, the rear axle is sth special as it is the third generation of the integral rear axle which doesn’t have fixed wishbones connecting the hubs to the subframe but instead ball joints, bushings and spherical bearings to connect the hubs and ensure minimum force transfer from one side to the other during cornering and load transition.

True genius comes in with the uneven lengths, positions and strengths of the control arms which lead to the wheel pivoting into the corner when under heavy lateral loads. Mind you this is not active but passive only through the design and ‘floating’ nature of the connections.

In addition, the CSi had active rear wheel steering through a hydraulic push/pull mechanism that directly actuated the hub assembly.

The design of this rear axle has only come full circle in 2014 with the introduction of the fifth gen integral rear axle on the F01 7 series which reintroduced that 25 year old active rear steering functionality. The E31 rear axle was he basis for all 90s and 00s bimmers right up to the E60.

As for modeling it only really comes down to measuring the length, strength and position of the control arms and bearings and the rear axle subframe in relation to the hub. I do have access to an E31 so we’ll see if that works out.

Suspension was the same on all E31s except the AHK steering, tires and shocks/springs which all differed across 840, 850, CSi, B12...

hope you can "translate" it to DWB. I had the issue with the 996 rear suspension that it was some sort of Multilink that had.. well.. more links than a DWB which resulted in special behaviour under this or that movement. Dauntless managed to make it work in the small region of travel it used on a racecar.

hope you can "translate" it to DWB. I had the issue with the 996 rear suspension that it was some sort of Multilink that had.. well.. more links than a DWB which resulted in special behaviour under this or that movement. Dauntless managed to make it work in the small region of travel it used on a racecar.

Ok without turning this into a physics mod diversion but just very simply put does that mean that modeling (with empties or actual geometry) the rear axle and putting that into numbers into the suspension file doesn’t work for multilink rear axle? Double wishbone is quite a ways off of the behavior of the design and I’m saying that as a suspension amateur. I just deal with toe, camber and ride height as well as bearing/bushing stiffness on my E30...

...that said is the E30s rear trailing arm suspension also translated into sth like a wishbone? That would explain the overly understeering nature of the Kunos E30 which is totally off and that I was able to eliminate only by massive intrusion into the physics files and setup.

Total newby here so if I got anything wrong pls let me know...

Ok without turning this into a physics mod diversion but just very simply put does that mean that modeling (with empties or actual geometry) the rear axle and putting that into numbers into the suspension file doesn’t work for multilink rear axle?
well, no. Multilink is called Multilink because it has more links than DWB, and AC can either do DWB, McPherson or a solid rear. You need to "look up" (don't ask me how, Dauntless did it for me) how the Multilink behaves under the conditions you need and approximate a DWB that results in the same, which will never work out 100%. There are probably tools to help with that.

For some multilinks, it's just a matter of figuring out where the virtual pivots are, it's designed to behave like a DWB with pivots in places they can't physically put them. (eg. because brakes/rim are in the way)

For early 90s rear-steer setups though I think you're just out of luck, AC is not gonna make it easy for you.

Bv3NGZt.png

HbX5FVH.png

6JUcNsY.png

halp:cry:
(if you can't see the dash turns black as the viewpoint gets further away, looking from chase cam it's pure black, close up it's fine)
hasn't shown up in the screens sadly, here's a screengrab:
poop.PNG

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes