The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Yeah looks like Manthey have developed a new front end for the GT3R this year - there's large dive planes and the bonnet vents are different - same as seen at the Blancpain Paul Ricard test. All the GT3R teams seemed to be running it at Paul Ricard. Not sure if anything else is new but the nose is most obvious to me.
That update is from porsche being used since mid last year, im not talking about the bodywork changes however, its the actual modelling which i find to look odd.

another shot of this baby from the rear:D
aq33pfs.png

and yeah this is the LOD3, which is visible from ~200m onwards.
up close it looks like a hastily made ps1 model, but from afar you'd be hard pressed to notice:p
the mesh itself is only 230 polygons, so it should be good on performance (especially for large fields)
I hope to use similar optimizing techniques on the other LODs to get the polycount right down, but maintain a quality appearance from viewing distance

and as a bonus round, what on earth is this
cUvPrEA.png

waste of 1800tris lol

Yes thats what most do I believe. I always have an issue, when I copy persistance files, and then open in editor, I have to rassign things like renderable true/false, transparent true/false.... annoying :D
Those are set by object name, which includes the name of the fbx it was imported from... you can do a search/replace (eg. from "car_a.fbx" to "car_b.fbx")

More than a well deserved break I'd say :) But if you are looking for inspiration... "Grello" just got a little, green brother for the first VLN race 2018 ;)

29060078_1820794914621412_5105829958221122926_o.jpg

28619112_1820794924621411_5972832213918222848_o.jpg

Haha yes I should certainly be able to do these 2 and was planning on completing the 'grello set' once they showed the VLN livery for this year. Thankfully, the green one just looks like it's the colours swapped over - doesn't look like the arrows have changed at all.
Obviously a lot more sponsors logos but I already have the files for most of them, I'll just need to make/get door numbers, although they've put a sponsor on the vents so that will be a bit of a pain. However, at least they are running the fog/endurance lights on these ones so I won't have to miss any sponsors out! :D

I'll need to learn more (my knowledge is zero) about VLN - I'm following a few new (to me) series this year (IMSA, Blancpain, Intercontinental GT Challenge) so could add VLN to that list :)

Here's a real life pice of the green grello. ;)
DY_LoKiXcAEvkqj.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/janci1612/status/977223554474369029

pUB0c2t.png

In the end I guess all modeling always goes back to the original version of any car so CSi and B12 move aside, here comes the underpowered but manually shifted 850i :)

Im slowly running out of proportion errors on the outside and continuing on the inside. Anyone know how to change the color of Blenders wireframe modifier?

Couldn't help myself lol... made a start on VLN version...

Got most of the sponsors in place that I already had on the car. I may need to make a new schrerer logo as it's not quite high-res enough for the roof. Also some of the arrows are slightly different. Will have to see if I can be bothered to change them. Window banner is a placeholder until I can make the right one.

Couldn't help myself lol... made a start on VLN version...

Got most of the sponsors in place that I already had on the car. I may need to make a new schrerer logo as it's not quite high-res enough for the roof. Also some of the arrows are slightly different. Will have to see if I can be bothered to change them. Window banner is a placeholder until I can make the right one.

I can supply you with some Detail shots I just took during the pitwalk. Got most logos and some details that usually take a nice amount of time if you don't find photos, like the safety inspection Stickers, etc. I'll PM you later if you're interested.

Managed to catch quite a bit of the VLN race earlier. I had a small chance to do a bit of driving this afternoon so I kinda rushed this to get it looking reasonable so I could have a go with it. Still WIP though and needs some polishing up....

Haven't driven the Nordschleiffe for quite a while and never in this car so I kept messing up the few laps I had chance to do :laugh:

haven't worked with other peoples templates in ages
QpfldB6.jpg

aItQ7X1.jpg

adapting this from the 24h Nür 2000... not too many know Falken flew a (3GS powered) GT500 Supra around the Nordschleife that year. Did good times, sadly DNF due to a crash

@Charles Amyouni hope your really don't change the UV for the next update :speechless:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.