The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I never noticed until now that ksPerPixelReflection sets the reflection sharpness based on the specular power. It'll probably get converted to ksPerPixelMultimap anyway (for maps control) but still, looks much chromier.

qajZ6o8.jpg

Finished off the Bathurst Grello update and uploaded to RD. Now onto the Blancpain 2018 version! I currently have another couple of skins that I'm working on and working on updates for but grello takes priority as I like this one the most! :D

A few small fixes to make it as accurate as possible: Added missing 'Natsu Foods' logos to rear arches and re-sized Pirelli logos to be in proportion. Added missing 'Porsche' lettering to underside of rear wing. Removed 'Manthey Racing' logs from rear wing end fences. Straightened 'Scherer' logos on both sides of the front bumper to be aligned with KW logos just above them. Improved squares around 'Bott' logos on rear bumper to be sharper. Added 2K version of textures. Skin textures now saved using newer compression method as with my other recent skins for better quality.
I now consider this to be the final version.

A couple of screens.. I'll need to take better ones when I'm back on my PC later with my ultrawide monitor as the aspect suits cars better ;)

Download link (5 people downloaded the update already!!): http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...anthey-racing-grello-bathurst-12hr2018.19810/

...and here's the Blancpain version. Mostly removing sponsors lol and moving a few to slightly different position. Looks like they have a brand new front end on the 911 GT3 R this year (all teams have it... they've got rid of the lower/endurance lights and have new bonnet inlets and agressive (and cool) looking dive planes on the front bumper so there are a couple of big gaps where the dive planes are now. I knocked this together in about an hour lol ready for testing tomorrow at Paul Ricard ;) The blaincpain number needs some work - wrong font and need to check the sponsors on the bottom when I have a better photo, but its roughed out for now...

...and here's the Blancpain version. Mostly removing sponsors lol and moving a few to slightly different position. Looks like they have a brand new front end on the 911 GT3 R this year (all teams have it... they've got rid of the lower/endurance lights and have new bonnet inlets and agressive (and cool) looking dive planes on the front bumper so there are a couple of big gaps where the dive planes are now. I knocked this together in about an hour lol ready for testing tomorrow at Paul Ricard ;) The blaincpain number needs some work - wrong font and need to check the sponsors on the bottom when I have a better photo, but its roughed out for now...

Can you also do the 2017 VLN version of this skin?

I never noticed until now that ksPerPixelReflection sets the reflection sharpness based on the specular power. It'll probably get converted to ksPerPixelMultimap anyway (for maps control) but still, looks much chromier.

qajZ6o8.jpg
Check out the chrome settings on Joshua's Boss Mustang, I did a special treatment for that one, I think it's a good look for it on these old cars. It uses the multimap shader so it's controlled with the _map texture.

Showroom_ford_mustang_boss_302_15-2-2018-8-15-57.jpg

more like a bit of request. (as AccAkut told me to post this request on this thread rather than on the mod/app request thread i posted before)

i want to ask something to those of you still having SHIFT 2 Unleashed on your disk.

i want to make Reiter GT1 skin for RSS Lanzo. so, can you please extract the Murcielago RSV GT1 livery, and send the dds file to me, to help me redraw the Blancpain's watch decals on the car? because i can't find any pics with good and proper angles so it's hard for me to redraw the decals just based on the pics i've googled.
nfs-mania_shift_2_117_lamborghini_murcielago_r-sv_gt1-jpg.240818

Why not haha. I was going to do the 2018 version when it comes around, but see no reason not to start early! ;) Got a few other ones I want to get finished first but then will have a look at it.
P.S. someone at Manthey-Racing saw my skin on Facebook and liked it :)

How cool is that? That company must be so awesome to work for. I mean they brought not only a ton of spares and equipment to Bathurst they flew in one extra car just to make sure - epic.

Check out the chrome settings on Joshua's Boss Mustang, I did a special treatment for that one, I think it's a good look for it on these old cars. It uses the multimap shader so it's controlled with the _map texture.
I'm pretty happy with my chrome in direct view, I just wish it worked in mirrors, which don't draw reflection maps at all at least for me so it just ends up black.

J5SyW7d.jpg

AO with the scene floor in gets a little dark but I dunno, it's sorta got the right character.

Last edited:
How cool is that? That company must be so awesome to work for. I mean they brought not only a ton of spares and equipment to Bathurst they flew in one extra car just to make sure - epic.
Yeah pretty cool. I commented a couple of times on some pics from testing yesterday as myself, not my page. I was saying I loved the livery (obviously) and mention that I painted the b12h skin for AC but didn't point them to it.. they must have gone and looked for it on their own :)
Yeah flying in a whole extra car just to make sure they didn't have issues was epic. Shame they didn't end up finishing higher, as that race ending safety car ruined their strategy, and also the 991, which probably would have ended up in the lead if it had been green flag until the end.
P.S. I went pretend testing at Paul Ricard this morning ;) ...

more like a bit of request. (as AccAkut told me to post this request on this thread rather than on the mod/app request thread i posted before)

i want to ask something to those of you still having SHIFT 2 Unleashed on your disk.

i want to make Reiter GT1 skin for RSS Lanzo. so, can you please extract the Murcielago RSV GT1 livery, and send the dds file to me, to help me redraw the Blancpain's watch decals on the car? because i can't find any pics with good and proper angles so it's hard for me to redraw the decals just based on the pics i've googled.
nfs-mania_shift_2_117_lamborghini_murcielago_r-sv_gt1-jpg.240818
Don't have it myself, but would be cool to see this one in AC on the Lanzo! :inlove: I guess alternatively if you could find out which particular blancpain watch it is then there would be better pics of that? Probably a more impossible task than getting the skin from Shift 2 though lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back