The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

52Gzt38.png

:)

Don't have it myself, but would be cool to see this one in AC on the Lanzo! :inlove: I guess alternatively if you could find out which particular blancpain watch it is then there would be better pics of that? Probably a more impossible task than getting the skin from Shift 2 though lol
don't worry. someone have sent me both Reiter skins. now i can work faster :D
not only that, probably i'll work on the All-lnkl Munich Motorsport skin in the future.

don't worry. someone have sent me both Reiter skins. now i can work faster :D
not only that, probably i'll work on the All-lnkl Munich Motorsport skin in the future.
I'm going to add the #26 to the #24 Dams one that I released, as it's just a case of changing the number and driver names, but after that it's unlikely I'll do any more skins for the Lanzo I think.

P.S. if you need the font for the door numbers I've found 'BlacklightD' is a pretty much perfect match (for the 2004 ones at least).

I offered the Honda maker help, but he never replied. The model is great but the texture and shader work on it is sub par. Like Interior would look 10x better with just a proper ks_Multimap and an AO bake, but the Shader currently used is some UV_Mult one that just tiles carbon over everything.
Yeah, it was a shame that @-natsuki- never replied to you about the HSV, but I see it's on @Brownninja97 's road map for an update so it's in safe hands.

Yeah, it was a shame that -natsuki- never replied to you about the HSV, but I see it's on Brownninja97 's road map for an update so it's in safe hands.
hmm, ninja knows how to skin, but for the HSV modelling work was needed, last time I check it had no real UV mapping. I won't touch any of that without the source files.

@A3DR I'll use that chrome advice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
hmm, ninja knows how to skin, but for the HSV modelling work was needed, last time I check it had no real UV mapping. I won't touch any of that without the source files.

Yeah, sorry - I got confused with who did what on the Supra. I should have said he HSV is on the same mod team's road map, so should be receiving some attention in the foreseeable. It's borderline criminal that a beast like the HSV-010 still isn't properly represented in Assetto Corsa, and a real shame that @-natsuki- took it 95% of the way then left it dangling. Hopefully he'll pony up those source files at some point so that this great car will finally get the full respect it deserves..! :p

YqKlWwP.png

I'm beginning to understand how tricky it is to make headlights look right. I also see how much they add to the 'real feel' of a model. When fully deployed the E31 has no less than 8 55W bulbs illuminating the road ahead.

dbLJTUL.png

Of course the cooles gimmick is the signature pop up headlights...

f2j81AA.png

The 8 actually has two sets of high beams, one set in the pop ups and one below.

y4wQj7w.png

When they're down the bottoms flash, when they're up all 4 flash. Fog lights and low beams are also in the pop ups, signals and parking lights in the bottom strip on the outside.

6EV0qgD.png

KhtlND9.png

Last edited:
Very early WIP but making some progress. Almost abandoned it earlier as I was getting fed up that I couldn't get the stripes to look right.

I usually start on the other side of the car so it's better in showroom view, but don't know why i picked the right side to start this time. It's unlikely to be finished before the start of the race tomorrow, but maybe by the end of it lol :)

I know I'm late to the party @Stereo, but my vote would be to do the Chicago PD skin, of course, then Los Angeles PD & NYPD. Cover the big cities (Boston maybe). I don't know if it's possible, but if you are able to allow it, let users know the font and allow them to create more cars by them making new numbers in Photoshop. I did a quick Google search of "1977 nyc police car" just to get an idea of what NYC had back then...They used a LOT of different model cars, believe it or not. The beauty is, all of them have the same gorgeous blue painted wheels. I chose a bad pic, but they all are painted like that. :roflmao: :laugh:
eugBBS9.jpg

more intense you say?
Driving Feldbergring with anything that is not high downforce, and glued to the road type of car, is pure terror. There is no other track in AC that so genuinly makes you feel of being so close to certain death throughout the whole lap. Feldbergring at first scares the hell out of you by sending you through kilometers of dense forests with fast winding left and right handers following in quick succession. There is not a single second that you are not directly facing a solid tree, mere feets away from the road. Then, finally clearing the last trees, and roaring towards the start finish line, as you're just about to take the first breath, and begin to inhale the beautiful countryside whizzing by, you realize that you are doing 120mph, and that you are now entering the town of Oberreifenberg, and its a fast sweeping left hander that tightens, and its going downhill now, immediately followed by a right hander, and you know you are too fast, and you are on cobblestone now, the cars is shaking, and the gradiant is increasing, and its only 50m to the the sharp 90° left after the church, and there is no run off, there's only the city walls! Work damn brakes, WOOORRK, I don't waant to DIEEEE...:D

Fact: Already in 1955, following the LeMans tragedy, Feldbergring was considered to dangerous for racing, and was subsequently closed.

Fat-Alfie's Feldbergring really is the most terrifying and visually stunning rollercoaster of a track!
You are not alone, my brother. I too have fallen under the spell of Felderbring. I was beginning to think people were going to believe I was insane the way I would ramble on and on about the road. That's one of the things that really makes it exciting, I think...the fact that it's just a run of the mill, two lane road in the hills of Germany...not a very wide, opened up race track surface. Now that the fences are solid, say bye-bye when you run off the road. :D :laugh:

For me, the track is 3 sections. 1 is the starting point all the way to the Biegarten. 2 is from the Biergarten all the way to what I call the "Nipple Corner". :laugh: It's that 140 degree left-hander with all the bales of hay protecting the runoff. 3 is obviously Nipple Corner to the Finish line. Each section is remarkably different from the previous, yet they all seem to share one thing in common - they seem to dare you to go faster. Now, Section 3 isn't very difficult but it is ridiculously fast...Like, foot to the floor and hope you don't die fast. I've been having these little contests with myself using various cars. For some reason, I couldn't hit 200mph on Section 3 with the Porsche Moby Dick (stock setup). It felt like a curse. That speedo was still ticking hard in the 180s & 190s...but I would hit 199mph and the turn coming up doesn't like people who drive 199 mph. :laugh: Lap after lap, 199. 198. 199. Well, I'm glad to report that I finally hit 200, for just a second, but I crashed before getting across the Start/Finish. :mad:

I'm sure most of you are going to hit 205 mph there and think "What's he smoking?" Well, I'm just not very good...That's all. I think if I could get around Nipple Corner with some more initial speed... :cool: But, I freaking love this track. It gets 90% of all laps day after day.

You summed up Feldbergring perfectly. First time I drove it I thought this track is madness, pure death trap. The downhill cobble section alone is pure insanity and at speed its dicey as hell!!

Feldbergring is by far the fastest track I've driven in AC. The down hill right hand turn about 2/3rds through is very tricky unless you are in a high downforce car, my goodness. I was driving a 930 Turbo through that section and flooring it was all I could do to make it through the corner and not hit the stone wall in the left side.

Its a brilliant track and insane as hell that it ever existed !

Might need the brown pants for some of the corners, haha

I was very fortunate to have an earlier build of Feldbergring that didn't have braking markers. It forced me to really pay attention to every bit of the road. I know the corner you're talking about. Part of me wishes it still didn't have braking markers so people could repeatedly crash there like I did.:laugh: It's still very tricky even with the markers, don't get me wrong. This road has so many great turns.

Check out the chrome settings on Joshua's Boss Mustang, I did a special treatment for that one, I think it's a good look for it on these old cars. It uses the multimap shader so it's controlled with the _map texture.

View attachment 240854
My God...That is beautiful. :confused:

The HSV is such a great car. I wouldn't even know where to begin with it - but that point is moot since I don't have access to the source files either.

...Lap after lap, 199. 198. 199. Well, I'm glad to report that I finally hit 200, for just a second, but I crashed before getting across the Start/Finish...

Do you also feel the urge, to not brake for the quick right kink after the start/finish line, before having actually crossed the start/finish line, but the braking point for that kink is just before the line (in a reasonable fast car)? Tears me apart lap after lap, I just don't want to brake before crossing the S/F line, feels so wrong:D

I was very tempted to move the Start/Finish line further back up the hill, but when @aphidgod was testing the first build I sent to him, he mentioned it as being one of his favourite aspects of the whole track, so it stayed where it is, ridiculously close to T1 :D

The one thing that bugs me about Feldbergring is the pitlane being on the hill, and how the AI cars that end up in the pits only have their rear wheels touching the ground :( Ah well....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%