The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Thought I'd have a proper go at this today.... still roughing the paint out....
39912134941_4c17a8b789_o.jpg

Will need to go to 3D in photoshop to get some of the seems looking good. I was going to do it for the URD PX2 but it's a completely different shape so bought the 'WEC' mod to get the correct car - Ligier PS217.
Unfortunately there is no template for this car (there isn't one for the PX2 either) so I've had to make my own getting it through 3Dsimed3 and into photoshop in 3D. Can't find an AO map either so going to be difficult to get it to look fully right. There is a 'body shadow' texture that 3Dsimed3 extracted but it makes the car all too dark. Any suggestions of how to do this would be much appreciated - I have blender but very little experience with it so couldn't 'bake' my own AO map.

As far as the car goes the model is good and it drives and handles reasonably well - about the same as the PX2 for handling so at least it's reasonable. However they didn't bother with making any attempt at sound for this car and just stuck the ones in for the 919 hybrid! I've used content manager to swap in the sounds for the URD PX2 so at least closer to the real thing.

Hi guys !

So maybe some of you already I'm working on the bmw m6 GT3 (well not the whole car only the physics part, you don't want me to do 3D models, really).

I'm stuck atm and I don't know what to do.
I started doing the power.lut with 16% transmission loss in mind, it resulted with 571NM (680NM in UI) at the wheels.
I changed the aero, and Vmax was around 274km/h, and the car was oversteering a bit at corner exit, so I guessed there was not enough CD on the rear spoiler, I changed it accordingly. so now the car doesn't oversteer, Vmax has dropped to 270 and lap times are around 2.18 (I do all my tests at spa with soft tires), when with any other gt3 cars i can go 1s faster.
Should I reduce the transmission loss ? (and so increase the power in lut file)
Some informations from the car:
Spring ratios: 3.6Hz in front axle and 3.2Hz at the rear Dampers: Bump 1 Rebound 1.3 both front and rear
ARBs: F:120k nm R: 30Knm

I have another question, when i'm looking at the wing APP I can see the total amount of downforce produced in Kg, fine, but i'm wondering if the CL plays a role here or only the CD as something to do with it.

Hi guys !

So maybe some of you already I'm working on the bmw m6 GT3 (well not the whole car only the physics part, you don't want me to do 3D models, really).

I'm stuck atm and I don't know what to do.
I started doing the power.lut with 16% transmission loss in mind, it resulted with 571NM (680NM in UI) at the wheels.
I changed the aero, and Vmax was around 274km/h, and the car was oversteering a bit at corner exit, so I guessed there was not enough CD on the rear spoiler, I changed it accordingly. so now the car doesn't oversteer, Vmax has dropped to 270 and lap times are around 2.18 (I do all my tests at spa with soft tires), when with any other gt3 cars i can go 1s faster.
Should I reduce the transmission loss ? (and so increase the power in lut file)
Some informations from the car:
Spring ratios: 3.6Hz in front axle and 3.2Hz at the rear Dampers: Bump 1 Rebound 1.3 both front and rear
ARBs: F:120k nm R: 30Knm

I have another question, when i'm looking at the wing APP I can see the total amount of downforce produced in Kg, fine, but i'm wondering if the CL plays a role here or only the CD as something to do with it.
The CL is the equation which results in the kg of downforce. The higher the coefficient of lift (CL) the higher the downforce

Thanks mate !
I think I'm good for tonight, now i need to test with medium and hard tires and see how it goes (with the suited setup), i hope lap times matchs as for the soft !
Latest test 2.17.15
I resolved my issue btw, body had too much CD, i played with Cl at front and rear so the car has a bit of a rake effect even at high speed start at 56-64mm at the pit, ended at 42-48 at 271km/h), now the car flow around spa like a charm !
(This feeling :inlove::inlove::inlove:)

hey guys !

At the moment the car itself feels less like a boat, but I don't know, while driving the car does not react that quick to steering input, it's ok but i would like to get it quicker, more nervous? Do you know with which value should i play ? Front caster ?

Alonso/Norris/Hanson #23 United Autosports skin pretty much done. This car was very nasty to paint as some of the geometry is not nice and not the same for both sides! Still am very happy with the result. I set myself this to do as as a challenge. :D:D
26057646298_b679700ac2_o.jpg

Just a couple of logos missing off the front that I can't read off any photos. This version of the car comes with the small winglets at the front so I did the flags on them like the early press photos - they aren't running these at daytona. I just managed a 1:37.585 which is just over half a second off Alonso's qualifying time :)

Ahh, feeling somewhat stupid.

I had saved my progress on the rims for my Volvo Amazon, but when I reopened the file to continue working on it, the Matcap choice had disappeared.

Matcap.jpg

I only had this.

Matcap missing.jpg

I could for the life of me not figure out what had happened and ended up with abandoning the project. We are talking back in March 2017 here.

A couple of days ago I decided to start a new blend with Matcap present and append the rim object to that.

I needed to consult the background image and switched viewport shading to wireframe and Matcap disappeared. Switched it back to solid and Matcap was back.

Reloaded the March file and that was set to wireframe. Setting it to solid and hello Matcap.

Aarrhh, facepalm!

Now I have the shape worked out and the next step is making the holes.

Rim shape.jpg

Rim holes.jpg

Ahh, feeling somewhat stupid.

I had saved my progress on the rims for my Volvo Amazon, but when I reopened the file to continue working on it, the Matcap choice had disappeared.

View attachment 233035

I only had this.

View attachment 233036

I could for the life of me not figure out what had happened and ended up with abandoning the project. We are talking back in March 2017 here.

A couple of days ago I decided to start a new blend with Matcap present and append the rim object to that.

I needed to consult the background image and switched viewport shading to wireframe and Matcap disappeared. Switched it back to solid and Matcap was back.

Reloaded the March file and that was set to wireframe. Setting it to solid and hello Matcap.

Aarrhh, facepalm!

Now I have the shape worked out and the next step is making the holes.

View attachment 233037

View attachment 233038
A Volvo Amazon? My (realistic) dream car? ... if you need help always ask :inlove:

On those rims I would advice you to do only one "spoke" and multiply it by 8 around the centre axis

over at acm we have been substituting RTB`s google data with (in this case) 50cm lidar data injection from a custom geo server with really amazing results. just preliminary testing of the raw data combined with RTB`s road laying abilities. its a completely different program and it handles the data more effectively than ever before. these are some country roads from the north Yorkshire moors. its not much to look at and i get that you cant relate to the roads themselves. but these are the roads we are looking for..... so to speak and the track side profiles too. very powerful with literally next to zero work.

23m4ze.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea