The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Audi R8 LMS 2016 #29 Montaplast by Land Motorsports from 2018 Daytona Rolex 24 almost done....

Just a few logos (2 each side) to place on the front bumper in 3D.
Nice skin. I like the colors a lot. I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this, but I liked the older Audi R8 LMS Ultra body style. I'm sure I'm in a very small minority of people who feel the same way... :cool: :p

Off Topic:
On a side note: I had the biggest scare yesterday morning. I knocked a full cup of Powerade directly onto my laptop while it was running. I was able to get my right hand onto the power button and hold down while pulling the power cord from the back of the laptop frame. Holding the laptop sideways had Powerade flowing out of the exhaust ports. I shook as much water out as I could - I blow dried with cool air every crevice that I could. Finally I let the laptop remain in a position where any more water should eventually trickle out. I probably should have waited longer than 24 hours, but I figured I would get this overwith and start trying to salvage parts like the 3 ssd's. I pressed the power button and holy crap!! It booted right up. :D :confused: :cool: The only problems I've noticed were about 5 or 6 sticky keys and my right and down arrow keys weren't working. So, I sat here pressing they sticky keys over and over and eventually they weren't sticking any longer. Likewise, the two arrow keys that weren't sticky - just not working - eventually succumbed to my repetitive button pushes. I am so lucky...so, so lucky.

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this, but I liked the older Audi R8 LMS Ultra body style. I'm sure I'm in a very small minority of people who feel the same way... :cool: :p

Nope, I agree with you. The current model (both road and race versions) is a trainwreck imho. Previous gen was so much nicer looking; especially the road version. The current race car is OK from some angles, but as a road car it doesn't have any redeeming design features in my eyes. The lack of the R8 'blade' is a special annoyance, too. That was the iconic element of the original's design.

Nope, I agree with you. The current model (both road and race versions) is a trainwreck imho. Previous gen was so much nicer looking; especially the road version. The current race car is OK from some angles, but as a road car it doesn't have any redeeming design features in my eyes. The lack of the R8 'blade' is a special annoyance, too. That was the iconic element of the original's design.
I agree, though in person the race version looks very aggressive. Not good looking by any means, but purposeful, which I like.

Yey, done with one of them
Screenshot_ks_toyota_ts040_fujispeedway_2017_2-2-118-12-33-4.jpg

Thank you. It took me a while to warm up to the original Audi R8 road car, but I learned to appreciate the style and design as time went by. It's almost like, you need to have that blade to call it an R8..As you said, it was the design element that no other car had.

I really like the Playstation symbols on those skins @venami - is this a real life skin you made for AC or is this your own unique design? The colors are nice too. :) :thumbsup:

I really like the Playstation symbols on those skins @venami - is this a real life skin you made for AC or is this your own unique design? The colors are nice too. :) :thumbsup:

It's the Peugeot Le Mans 2011 skin so yes, it's a real skin, only for the wrong car:whistling: Got the blue first try and I really like how it turned out.:rolleyes:

I agree, though in person the race version looks very aggressive. Not good looking by any means, but purposeful, which I like.

I kind of like the back end of it (the race car), but I really don't like the rest.. Especially those weird boxes on the front corners; seem very counter-intuitive aerodynamically, too. The road car is just... ugh...

Thank you. It took me a while to warm up to the original Audi R8 road car, but I learned to appreciate the style and design as time went by. It's almost like, you need to have that blade to call it an R8..As you said, it was the design element that no other car had.

Exactly. I'm 90% sure the blade was dropped simply so that they could use the same intake part on the roadster and the coupe (or whatever you call the roofed version of a mid engine supercar). I see literally no other reason for its absense. And if that is the reason it was dropped, it's ridiculous in itself. This is a 6 figure supercar, you shouldn't be making those kinds of huge design compromises for cost cutting reasons.

I like the newer version of the race car but the older road car. The new 2016 race car looks mean and purposeful in quite a few ways thinking about it reminds me of the huracan with which it shares it's drivetrain.

Been doing a little on the stupid thing
GLiXOha.jpg

K110uzC.jpg

including animated dampers. In this case its does work with one animated empty being parented to another animated one. But when trying to do a gearshift animation it does not work for some reason, child empty keyframes will be ignored :cautious:

I also fixed the error with the misplaced front hubs while ingame.

Last edited:
GLiXOha.jpg

K110uzC.jpg

including animated dampers. In this case its does work with one animated empty being parented to another animated one. But when trying to do a gearshift animation it does not work for some reason, child empty keyframes will be ignored :cautious:

Love this type of thing. Would hate to be the tube bending company that gets this job though, all those variable radius' :rolleyes::roflmao:

GLiXOha.jpg

K110uzC.jpg

Looks like a proper way to get in :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea