The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Bit of close racing never hurt nobody...

2Q28KEDh.jpg

4kaSEwWh.jpg

oaRrIJlh.jpg

S8iX5rBh.jpg

uWuEGT4h.jpg

GLKbHzah.jpg

WIP.. my first skin so learning as I go. Corvette C7.R livery from Daytona (testing) 2018....

Using the orininal KS skin as a template for basic colouring and locations, I've had it in photoshop in 3D and reworked the skin to be 4K, adding all the appropriate new logos and the US flag at the side intakes. Still got the logos to put on the 'hood' and the rear, and driver names/flags to add to the roof.

Is there some official racing series for these cars? I mean I'd like to make some skins for it but fantasy skins are not really my thing so would be nice to have some real reference pics.

The car looks awesome btw.
In reality they don't 'race' as such, only compete based on laptimes and other elements (fuel efficiency, reliability etc). And because each University designs their own car, team liveries are not that transferable between cars (the cars are usually vastly different from each other).

The real livery that this car raced is included with a few fictional derivatives. I'm just making templates now so hopefully it should be quite simple for people to make their own, whether its fantasy or based on real liveries from other cars/categories.

Being quite a generic single-seater shape (albeit with huuuge wings), it should be relatively easy to make some iconic F1 skins (I hope!).

over at acm we have been substituting RTB`s google data with (in this case) 50cm lidar data injection from a custom geo server with really amazing results. just preliminary testing of the raw data combined with RTB`s road laying abilities. its a completely different program and it handles the data more effectively than ever before. these are some country roads from the north Yorkshire moors. its not much to look at and i get that you cant relate to the roads themselves. but these are the roads we are looking for..... so to speak and the track side profiles too. very powerful with literally next to zero work.

Last edited:
Took a short break from The Glen and check out a new possible project. RD member @Hotdogxx60 messaged me a while back and said I might be interested in an old track called Greenwood Roadway. It didn't live long as an active track from 63-66 but it still remains today. So I took a look a sure enough there was Lidar data for it. Yesterday I took a few hours and put together the basic layout to determine if I want to pursue the project. I took tonight to learn the layout and man what a blast. Really nice mix of high speed and technical sections. Here is one of my better laps in the T70.

Wow, was not expecting those elevation changes!
Looks like great fun.

Dammit, now I'm stuck watching youtube laps of it...

I hope you put the junkyard in... dodge the school bus and cranes... ;)

Wow, was not expecting those elevation changes!
Looks like great fun.

Dammit, now I'm stuck watching youtube laps of it...

I hope you put the junkyard in... dodge the school bus and cranes... ;)
I'm not sure which direction to go with it honestly. There was a Greenwood Revival movement back in 2013 and this was made as a proposed plan. I had the thought of making it this way with some curbs. Either way it has a spot on my list of future projects for sure.

website_Greenwood_Vision_Plan_05_26_2015.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea