The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I just uploaded the late season update for my Haas skinpack. Enjoy! ;)
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/haas-vf-17-rss-formula-hybrid-2k-4k.14422/

vf17_067-jpg.231144

vf17_065-jpg.231149

Seems to work on all tracks... about as well as you see there.

No matter where i place the collider.ini collider (the 3d one is obviously a sphere), the bottom hemisphere seems flat, so you need the wheels to keep it from clipping into the ground.

Lower mass seems to make the ball disappear through the ground anyway, not sure whats up with that. Very tricky to control as it seems impossible to make the full collider surfaces round with the wheels interfering.

No matter where i place the collider.ini collider (the 3d one is obviously a sphere), the bottom hemisphere seems flat, so you need the wheels to keep it from clipping into the ground.
That does sound weird, I know on low cars I can ram the front bottom edge into the curbs on Testpad, so the modeled collider is working for that.

I tried to test a soccer ball but my test track has no AI spline on it so now I need to figure something out for that. When I made the player car the ball it would pop out of the ground and roll around (CoG not really centered, I think) but you can't exactly drive a soccer ball to test it.

You need the LUT for the speed of the electric engine just so it shuts off power over 200.

i.e. kers_speed.lut (or kers_speed0.lut, kers_speed1.lut, etc. in case you have multiple presets) like this:

Code:
0|1
200|1
201|0

Yeah I had a fiddle as well...

Hk0sfyK.jpg

My ball kinda acts chaotically though, I think the mass is unbalanced in some way and making it start rolling. Maybe rear vs. front tire weights.
[edit] moved fuel to 0,0,0. now it's just the wind making it roll on its own.

Poor driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years