The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

From my time behind the wheel of one of those on a couple of long road trips I'd say the sound is spot on at medium to high revs, a bit too rough and bassy on the lower end. Even with a sport exhaust you basically only get that typical Audi/VW 4 cylinder turbo sound below 3.500rpm. I'd say it should be much flatter and overall it's about at least 50% too loud. The cabin in the old TT is super refined and there's tons of sound insulation, it is much more subdued from what I can remember.

Thanks for the throwback by the way! I hated the heavy steering (which I do on all Audis, never return to neutral on their own) but it was fun when driving it hard and the looks inside and out were something else, especially the tank sills they dared call windows :). You absolutely nailed the cabin design/proportions!!

• Deleted member 223075

First result on the primary work on the suit
549792Sanstitre5.png

• Deleted member 223075

I don't use Template (too dark). I work with Kunos Sparco white suit and i use many layers. But the render is not great in 3DSimED3, looks better in game

• Deleted member 223075

but you use 3DSimED... at least CM is approved by the Devs

Yep but with 3DSimED3 i can modify .kn5 and do other things that CM can't do i think.

Also i'm bored to see each time people talking about CM. All can be do without.

From my time behind the wheel of one of those on a couple of long road trips I'd say the sound is spot on at medium to high revs, a bit too rough and bassy on the lower end. Even with a sport exhaust you basically only get that typical Audi/VW 4 cylinder turbo sound below 3.500rpm. I'd say it should be much flatter and overall it's about at least 50% too loud. The cabin in the old TT is super refined and there's tons of sound insulation, it is much more subdued from what I can remember.

Thanks for the throwback by the way! I hated the heavy steering (which I do on all Audis, never return to neutral on their own) but it was fun when driving it hard and the looks inside and out were something else, especially the tank sills they dared call windows :). You absolutely nailed the cabin design/proportions!!

Thank you. It´s hard to deliver the low rpm drone while still keeping it rather quiet and settled engine note wise, will see if I can decrease it a bit. Not my model btw, wouldn´t dare to touch anything in that department, but I´ll gladly pass on the feedback!

Thank you. It´s hard to deliver the low rpm drone while still keeping it rather quiet and settled engine note wise, will see if I can decrease it a bit. Not my model btw, wouldn´t dare to touch anything in that department, but I´ll gladly pass on the feedback!

Ok, good to know. If I ever was to build a model of anything I've actually driven/owned I'd wait until I finish my first model and take all the lessons learned to slowly approach building something I actually have access to. Somehow I imagine that being so much more difficult to manage as you could literally check every last detail 'in detail' simply by walking outside - it'd never get finished :D.

Messing around with skinning again:
qPxKLwi.jpg
Wow. This paint job is incredible. I like this one better, with plain carbon fiber rear wing and no stripes on the roof/backend of the car. That makes it look "too busy", in my opinion. But the skin above...Oh, mama! :inlove:

have no motivation to work on the Lotus lately, but I did something else. At first just a "physics-only" car to test out how to do a De-Dion rear. It worked out.. driveable and interesting, so I started draping a car over it.

y05behm.jpg

FHaQAOD.jpg

so far its basically all still Bezier curves and tires from another study. Inspired by the V16 Priapism hot rod, modern roundish curves. And cool to drive (or at least the physics were, haven't actually steered it with the body yet :rolleyes:)
You are definitely the President of the Assetto Corsa Modding Research and Development department. @garyjpaterson is probably VP too. It's really interesting to see what you guys are coming up with - always pushing the envelope.

I should probably ask this in the Official Forums, but it does apply (possibly) to current projects. So, has anyone been using the newly available parameters in tyres.ini since the v1.15 upgrade? If so, do you have any suggestions for Rookie Level Modders, like me?

You are definitely the President of the Assetto Corsa Modding Research and Development department. @garyjpaterson is probably VP too. It's really interesting to see what you guys are coming up with - always pushing the envelope.
Nah, Stereo and x4fab have shared that throne for that last legislative period :D I'm just a tinkerer employing whatever they and others cook together :roflmao:

Regarding, spend some more evening time on it. Starts resembling the hotrod that inspired me more and more.

1.jpg

Screenshot_rallyz_dedion_magione_29-9-117-14-26-39 - Kopie.jpg

if you can figure out which obscure car's roof line I use, and which engine that is meant to be you get the hypothetical bag of cookies ;) @wjmoosting one of your sounds is also part of the brew

Nah, Stereo and x4fab have shared that throne for that last legislative period :D I'm just a tinkerer employing whatever they and others cook together :roflmao:

Regarding, spend some more evening time on it. Starts resembling the hotrod that inspired me more and more.

View attachment 214073
View attachment 214074

if you can figure out which obscure car's roof line I use, and which engine that is meant to be you get the hypothetical bag of cookies ;) @wjmoosting one of your sounds is also part of the brew

I'm hoping for something like this:
Jaguar-E-Type-with-a-Mazda-20B-three-rotor-15.jpg

LINK
But the engine definitely it's not the 20B.

• Deleted member 223075

Shoulders and arms now finished (lack of finishing)
758120Sanstitre3.png

• Deleted member 223075

Just finished the suit
566548Sanstitre3.png

I will try to make some corrections before uploading it.

Spitfire and E-Type don't quite fit my definition of obscure :D I could probably tell you and you'd still go "What?"
Well, deductively, it's a 50s-60s cast design (earlier and they didn't cast this style, later and they braced way more, so probably it's like, 120 hp 3L), inline 6, either SOHC or has pushrods on the other side... most of the European ones like BMW have giant freeze plugs so they're easy to eliminate. Looks like the engine mounts Ford used back then, which I think implies it's normally installed upright.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 33.3%