The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Does that mean the NSX is sorted?
SAUIL0l.jpg

Just though i would say that im about ot start a full 3d sound for the porsche GT3

This engine sound is dope !
Point is that it fits the 911R the 991 cup and RSR (along with transmission differences) and the remaining GT3 RS

Good to see you back, was also considering making more streetcars, having fun with the TT actually. Looking forward to the 911, those 9k revs ain´t lying :D

custom_showroom_1506806031.jpg

This is the URD 2015 Aura (DTM Audi).
See all of the coloured lines I've drawn? Every one is mapped to a completely different part of the skin. Then there's the top, bottom, sides of each tiny wing... and then repeat on the other side of the car. It must be about 50 different parts in all. I've spent around 6 hours just identifying the tiniest pixels and I haven't finished one side yet.
:O_o:

Started working on two F1 Hybrid skins and one Porsche GT3 skin. I made them before, so it should be done relatively quick. Oh, and I need to sort out some small issues with the release skin, after the tips from @formulaHEINE .

With that said, if anyone has a fictional- skin wish for the F1 Hybrid I'm willing to take a look at it. Don't give me a deadline or anything but maybe I can create something out of your idea. :)

@Stereo do you maybe have a Blender Bones&Rigging tutorial handy for someone who wants to "bone" just a simple leaf spring? All I find online jump directly into modelling human figures or cats with dozens of links and bones...

I haven't actually managed to successful export boned meshes from Blender yet (animations yes but they went on existing meshes). It does something stupid to the object origins.

If you look at the F350 leaves it's just 2 halves of the leaf as solid objects pointing at the axle.

I haven't actually managed to successful export boned meshes from Blender yet (animations yes but they went on existing meshes). It does something stupid to the object origins.

If you look at the F350 leaves it's just 2 halves of the leaf as solid objects pointing at the axle.
1.jpg

Have to find a way to mask it at that position, I planned on doing a C6 transverse setup (stumbled upon some ZF composite leaf spring study paper).

View attachment 214836
Have to find a way to mask it at that position, I planned on doing a C6 transverse setup (stumbled upon some ZF composite leaf spring study paper).

I have a similar setup on the rear here:
mitter01.jpg

Have you managed to get both animated suspensions working as they should? either the animated front works and the REAR_AXLE is static, or the REAR_AXLE works but the front doesn't.

I have a similar setup on the rear here:
View attachment 214837

Have you managed to get both animated suspensions working as they should? either the animated front works and the REAR_AXLE is static, or the REAR_AXLE works but the front doesn't.
I haven't done anything with a solid axle before, thats why I started this project (no animation on it yet). Overall I remember Pankykapus stating that they almost exclusively use DIR animation on new cars (at around 787B release), so maybe it just doesn't work with keyframe animation anymore.

Anyway, basic bone animation is:
- make an Armature (parent object for bones), probably want to be careful this and the object have the same origin at 0,0,0.
- add Armature modifier to the mesh, link that one
- make bones
- look at vertex groups (same tab as uvmap), make one for each bone (this bit's annoyingly not well connected, you have to manually type the name of the bone)
- ctrl+tab to go from object mode to weight paint mode (or in dropdown) and you'll be editing the highlighted vertex group
- easiest way imo is just use a gradient (alt+lmb) to set weights, just set "strength" to 100% and 'Add' to brush type on the tool ui first. You can tweak from there but gradient to me seems to be the only way to get all the vertices painted in the mesh (normal brushes have really awful ability to paint). Dark blue is 0 weight, red is 100% weight.
- select other vertex groups to do each bone

Armature editing just lets you start from the root bone and extrude (e) more bones, then you can go to pose mode (ctrl+tab from object mode) to see how the mesh follows it.

I believe you can also do armature animations aimed at Empties instead of Bones but no idea how to get that happening.

You could also leave the Armature modifier in "envelope" mode but that's meant for stuff with an actual skeleton, will automatically assign vertices to bones based on how close they are. I think for a leaf spring it'd be easier to just have 1 bone moving around and then a gradient of weights so it follows more closely towards each end.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 88 90.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 32 33.0%