The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

how dare you ask about whether you can ask a question but i did several cars before but they arent worth talking about since it was such a long time ago and i realised if i wanted to be serious about being in a group as highly praised as VS id need to improve massively.
Was a simple question man , and twice now from your team got a negative disrespectful answer ,
I will just keep my mouth shut and concentrate on my own work , good luck with VS and all your projects :)

hey I just wanted to let you guys know that you arent noticing me enough, NOTICE ME, NOTICE ME

In all seriousness though an ego war would probably be a good thing, competitiveness on both sides would bring out the best on both sides

In all seriousness we need less egoism here.

(Not meaning you btw)

This thread exists solely for the purpose of showing off work you're proud of, but please don't show off your work or act proud of it. Thank you.

-management

This thread exists solely for the purpose of showing off work you're proud of, but please don't show off your work or act proud of it. Thank you.

-management
but showing off without showing off anything
HZ5SRtP.gif

fe84GDQ.jpg

This oil overflow line on the transmission was bothering me, it just didn't look right. So now instead of being a single outer layer it's 3 separate objects.
Upper left is mocked up for demonstration purposes using the current texture, which I made half as opaque to compensate for there being 2 layers of mesh now. So it used to be more opaque but still the uniform thing. Lower right is how it looks now.
<-||-> |-> <-| <-||->
Tube cross-section looks like this.

Red - original object, outside mesh facing out. transparent true, less opaque texture, render Priority changed so it draws last (-2)
Black - copy of original object, outside mesh facing in. transparent true, more opaque texture, render Priority normal (0)
Blue - shrunken tube, mesh facing in. transparent false, less opaque texture, render Priority changed so it draws after actually solid objects (-1)

So it actually gets rendered blue first (makes center of tube transparent), then black (makes outer bits of tube opaque and skips the middle since that is closer to the camera), then red (covers both with the outer surface, which can pick up specular highlights and such)

It'd work even better if the fresnel effect was taken into account (translucency gets more opaque at steeper angles) but I couldn't find a shader that does that.

Last edited:
custom_showroom_1506434680.jpg

Nowhere near done... the mapping on the 2015 Aura is kinda funky :O_o:
I haven't tried the other 2 cars, I hope they're mapped better.
Anyways, I hope to have the entire 2017 DTM field done in time for the finale at Hockenheim.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%