The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

i have so many important things i need to take care of on my desk, e.g. the pile of paper on my left...
yet i am spamming this thread XD
but damn i'm happy this part is finished. I'm sure the tax office will be pleased.

7mod_dash_cars.JPG

3 cars, 3 sets of dashboards...
(academy / ###r / 1700 )

upload_2017-6-28_20-53-19.png

i have so many important things i need to take care of on my desk, e.g. the pile of paper on my left...
yet i am spamming this thread XD
but damn i'm happy this part is finished. I'm sure the tax office will be pleased.

View attachment 198847

3 cars, 3 sets of dashboards...
(academy / ###r / 1700 )

View attachment 198849
What program did you do those layouts in? I've been looking for something I can arrange elements in like I can in CAD tools, based on coordinates and angles.

I do the dials in Blender since it has good array options and easy ability to rotate by degrees without quality loss, then AO-bake them and use that in photoshop to lay the numbers onto.

Ahven.jpg

I have had some files on my pc for quite long time. The track I always wanted to create but I chose other one first. When I was creating that, somebody else did this one first so I guess nobody can’t force you not to do more updated and more precise version, if nothing else then for learning purposes.

EDIT: Updated the image and the track is Ahvenisto Race Circuit in Finland

Last edited:
View attachment 199168

I have had some files on my pc for quite long time. The track I always wanted to create but I chose other one first. When I was creating that, somebody else did this one first so I guess nobody can’t force you not to do more updated and more precise version, if nothing else then for learning purposes.

Absolutely, if you feel like it then do it. There is no rule saying that 2 different people can't make the same track. If someone takes offend from you making Ahvenisto it's entirely their own problem.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.