The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Me too! And its a riot to drive... just received a whole lot more data - turns out my lateral G estimations were on the cautious side, so it should be even more brutal in the corners.

On the right track (short twisty kart tracks) its almost dizzyingly fast, can't quite get my head round it at times. The end product will be less powerful than I'd predicted, as it can only run at peak power for short bursts, continuous power is a bit less.
And because of the downforce, relatively low top speeds and high cornering speeds, braking zones are tiny!

Not sure what the plan is for release yet, but if this specific car isn't to be public I'm sure a 'generic' FSAE car can be.

Imgur still works fine on my end...you sure its not down to the browser you use? I sometimes get strange links when I right click an image too early after upload
I think they intentionally stopped supporting my browser, when I view any of their links (even directly) I just get a 404...

kill it with fire, I'm not completely sure, but it is most likely to be bunch of ripped models + 30minutes physics (also stolen just with slight tweaks)

Well the physics are the one thing that are scratch made. I know the person who made the physics for it and he has been working on them for over a year now. He based them on all the data he could find for the cars. He even made scracth made tires for it (not based on any Kunos tires).
It would be awesome if a moddeler jumps in and helps getting these cars out. But since these cars where already floating on the internet (facebook) he used them.

@DutchDevil79 Well... thats unusual... Most of the rips has crap everything, so hard to expect good physics released for ripped model.

Too bad it takes months to model a car, or a month if you are pro and working full time on it :D

I know, but we have a group of simracers who know each other back from the first GTR 2002 mod for F1 2002 I think. After that we got hooked on GTR and GT legends. And especially in GT legends we had great evenings racing till the early hours in the morning. So when we saw a bunch of these cars floating around with horrible physics. One of us who knows a lot about mechanics started updating the physics and putting it together as a package. He already had experience in physics development from rfactor modding and also learned tricks there from Niels Heusinkveld. That's also how he got to make new tires for them as well. Which give a lot more control on the limit (something that's not that good in V10 tires if you ask me)
And I agree with you that 99% of all the rips from Forza etc. have horrible physics. But these cars deserve better haha.

Last edited:
LRP skid pad up and running. <cant drift>
odjZ1xH.jpg

Last edited:
Me too! And its a riot to drive... just received a whole lot more data - turns out my lateral G estimations were on the cautious side, so it should be even more brutal in the corners.

On the right track (short twisty kart tracks) its almost dizzyingly fast, can't quite get my head round it at times. The end product will be less powerful than I'd predicted, as it can only run at peak power for short bursts, continuous power is a bit less.
And because of the downforce, relatively low top speeds and high cornering speeds, braking zones are tiny!

Not sure what the plan is for release yet, but if this specific car isn't to be public I'm sure a 'generic' FSAE car can be.

FSAE electric cars are freaking fun to drive. I was part of the local team for a while and have driven a few of them, one also in official and unofficial events. It seems in the video that you have adapted the fun also in AC. :)

Ah... Thought it was a little sharp for it, but thought that might have just been the early stage of the model.
Is it the KRB Esprit Silhouette racer then?

KRB-Lotus-Espirit-PMcG-43.jpg
yeah, really early (I made the base wedge some time ago, now tried to get the extreme widebody on it). Its not a real Esprit but a Tiga Group-C chassis with a body that "looks" like an Esprit, therefor I can't really use any Esprit blueprints and things (not that I found any good anyway)

Last edited:
2UIUAaYh.jpg

Finding cool tracks I never would have driven without this car - The Miseluk Gymkhana layout is really too small to race/hotlap on, but for this is a perfect test of agility!

ada3ewHh.jpg

VIR Patriot course is also great, super fast for this car.

Spending a lot of time on the physics, trying to work through the oddities that come with using electric motors which AC doesn't really support properly, getting there though.

Not a whole lot more modelling, starting on interior details, and some more mechanical bits like motors/hubs/brakes - mostly unseen so not going into huge detail.

oOOttfxh.jpg

Njhy5lsh.jpg

UTXhyXfh.jpg

Agree with @Fat-Alfie, shaders look a little off on the Lola. Model looks a little 'rounded' too, kinda like its been made with turbosmooth without tidying up the edges. Bet its still a blast to drive though! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back