The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Jo1lhBU.jpg

Soooooooooooooon!
Yeah I would agree with Alfie that it looks maybe a bit flat. I think i should have a bit more shine to it.

upload_2017-6-26_9-3-16.png

Holy Hell, that is an awesome car... why did I not know of these Esprit race versions!! :O_o: *drools*
Because its no "ordinary" race version. Its a Tiga Group-C chassis that some guy privately made a fibre glass Esprit-esque body for, put a (undriveable) Nascar V8 into it, raced it for a few years, then to collected dust until the KRB team bought the piles of pieces and revived it with a 900+bhp Audi V8TT. The thing is small, and low
extreme_0201-1.jpg

And I'm a weird guy with a dedicated "Build thread" folder in my browsers bookmarks :cautious:, in which I collect all sorts of forums threads of guys building awesome things in their sheds. I couldn't care less for lap times or race results, but I love reading up on how to get a good signal from a trigger wheel and things like that...

...just yesterday I watched a bit of Pike Peak, and it had some home build open wheeler with issues, "computer will not get the fueling right, it cuts out when coasting!" ... no wonder if you put your widebands only like 15cm before the end of your exhaust :O_o:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Feel free to invest back in the rF2 community someday :p. I think that original model was 7 years old (and not very tweaked for release) before Crossply's edit took place.

Progress...

Decided to use the same cars/trucks from NJMP and RVs from RIR. They are a bit more generic but they are better on frames than the other ones. People are same 3D people from NJMP and are in their own kn5 file so people with lower end machines can run without them.

This shows off the new tree walls pretty well and how well they blend into the distant terrain.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_bridgehampton_27-6-117-0-17-59.jpg

Last edited:
I'd give the front light covers some more smoothing/bevelling, but apart from that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Speedwise, is it similar to one of the Kunos cars, maybe the 917?

I've already smoothed the body a lot, even corrected some mistakes (like the rear fenders they were flat), if I've had to keep going, I would end up doing a whole new model out of it. Like mentioned above, keep in mind all of this is 7 years old and went through a lot of hands.

I have had the pleasure (and honour) of driving this car for the last few months, and it is without doubt one of the finest cars I have driven in AC - either mod or Kunos. It is simply stunning. The feeling you get through the wheel is fantastic, and the power delivery allows for sublime control of the over-steer (and there is plenty!). And now it seems it has a body to match the physics.

This car blows me away, every time I drive it :inlove:

• Deleted member 130869

It would be great to get cross-game cooperation to make these historic fields a reality. We could get improved cars in rF2, new cars there too, and also end up with the 1970 Ferrari and Matra in AC, along with a free 917k too. There's a lot of interest but not enough people to make the cars a reality.

This car blows me away, every time I drive it :inlove:

Be gentle with that exhaust pipe

:p

Unfortunately I'd not be of much help with that project. I can do the physics work on the AC side but rF2 is a bit more than I want to get into. (I'm a one-sim guy, not out of elitism or even preference really but as a physics modder I think it would just get confusing to keep both systems straight.)

I'd love to bring some other historic racers into AC, though. Find me models and I can do the rest. :)

It was clear from my talks with ISI/S397 that none of their licensed content could be let out into other games - the Howston, being unlicensed, was fair game in that regard - so we'd have to work primarily with mods. And I don't even know what's out there.

• Deleted member 130869

Getting models and maybe sounds would be the main thing. I think I can find (coerce :p) certain good people that can port the models and get the physics done in rF2. I know there's no elitism here, it's a matter of fact that it's easier to get cars and tracks done in AC.

62779f097aad761da808d4e32d2e2203.jpg

The variability of the new ai is quite interesting

I'm personally managing low 1:42s with both cars, i turned down the ts020 turbos so there is better balance just for the closer battles.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.