The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@jim lloyd Thats interesting quoting technique :D

The track in those screens does really look being close to finished if we would pretend that it is not a race day. Could you tell anything more about the track ? Any plans to do an early release, or approximate release time ? Will it be free mod ? Are you working alone on this, any interesting facts about the track ? When have you started working on it ?

Although it might be stupid question, have you watched this DVD ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjsQoqn8L-I

Got inspired to look some vids at youtube:

Last edited:
@jim lloyd Thats interesting quoting technique :D

The track in those screens does really look being close to finished if we would pretend that it is not a race day. Could you tell anything more about the track ? Any plans to do an early release, or approximate release time ? Will it be free mod ? Are you working alone on this, any interesting facts about the track ? When have you started working on it ?

Although it might be stupid question, have you watched this DVD ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjsQoqn8L-I

Got inspired to look some vids at youtube:

oops sorry that's my phone - absolute bobbins

- its not far off, maybe a month to go - depending on work commitments - of course it will be totally free
- i started this project about 2 months ago, and just been working on it when i can
- Accuracy - I'm pretty happy with it as far as heights and layout go, i have cross referenced some lidar and google data with versions of the modern track from all the sims (were the new is essentially on top of the old racing surface - as for the old sections i have used a little artistic licence and studied all those videos you have posted frame by frame, its track widths that i'm currently tweaking - im happy with 70% just i have a few blind areas were there is little to no footage (starkeys straight)

thanks for the interest, this will spur me on the get this finished

oops sorry that's my phone - absolute bobbins

- its not far off, maybe a month to go - depending on work commitments - of course it will be totally free
- i started this project about 2 months ago, and just been working on it when i can
- Accuracy - I'm pretty happy with it as far as heights and layout go, i have cross referenced some lidar and google data with versions of the modern track from all the sims (were the new is essentially on top of the old racing surface - as for the old sections i have used a little artistic licence and studied all those videos you have posted frame by frame, its track widths that i'm currently tweaking - im happy with 70% just i have a few blind areas were there is little to no footage (starkeys straight)

thanks for the interest, this will spur me on the get this finished

ps once i have the physics mesh in place, ill send it to any willing testers

You probably know this already, given your research, but IIRC the old hairpin still exists, I believe. Should be in the lidar.

But, you probably know that already. :redface:
ps once i have the physics mesh in place, ill send it to any willing testers

*RAISES HAND* OOO! OOO! Pick me! Pick me! :D
(In all seriousness, from Tuesday the 11th to Monday the 31st I'll be on the other side of the planet so I can't test anything then, sadly...If you'd like some testing after then, I'd be happy to!)

You probably know this already, given your research, but IIRC the old hairpin still exists, I believe. Should be in the lidar.

But, you probably know that already. :redface:

*RAISES HAND* OOO! OOO! Pick me! Pick me! :D
(In all seriousness, from Tuesday the 11th to Monday the 31st I'll be on the other side of the planet so I can't test anything then, sadly...If you'd like some testing after then, I'd be happy to!)

this was the inspiration to start, after a recent visit to donington, i took a walk down to the old Melbourne hairpin....from over the crest, its really quite steep IRL

the braking zone is insane fun, full tank over the crest, weightless hard on those shitty old Maserati brakes arrrgghhhhhhh

this was the inspiration to start, after a recent visit to donington, i took a walk down to the old Melbourne hairpin....

the braking zone is insane fun, full tank over the crest, weightless hard on those shitty old Maserati brakes arrrgghhhhhhh
The 38 track had pretty different turns though didn't it? According to racing circuit info it was reconfigured in 1985. Either way glad to see you still working on stuff @jim lloyd. Should be a great addition!

The 38 track had pretty different turns though didn't it? According to racing circuit info it was reconfigured in 1985. Either way glad to see you still working on stuff @jim lloyd. Should be a great addition!

yeh there are quite a few differences to most of the turns, its a lot of guess work

maps are few and far between (if any body knows of any real good data????)

donington1937a.jpg

It's so old and even if you had data it likely isn't very accurate. So as long as you capture the overall feel of it then it should be fine.

exactly, thanks for this man, was stressing, but came to the conclusion, it has to be about how a old track like this makes you feel, its the moments and there are so many (flying under starkey bridge while hanging on to the under-steer of some skinny old tyres has always been on the dream fulfilment list, gonna do some vr testing today but so far the right feels are there just need to lavish the details

im looking for some low poly 30s era cars, any ideas??

This won't help much with track width but...

http://maps.nls.uk/view/91794486

WW

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 12.1%