The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I got a question... can I use negative values for

[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=-0.6

or will it either just ignore the value or ignore the minus? I'm trying to get the KRB to be driveable by the AI, and so far even at 0.0 it will understeer of track in high speed corners. So ideally I want it to be more careful the faster it goes (or the more downforce it generates. Its so rear centered in default settings that the front wheels loose traction)

It will load with a negative value, but as AI is always a little different I'm not sure it does as intended. Any way to check it?
I would try just putting a really big negative number there and seeing if it changes anything...simplistic but it should work.

New tree walls today. Next up is road details.

Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_bridgehampton_7-6-117-0-40-33.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_bridgehampton_6-6-117-23-17-4.jpg

Thanks all for the support & review on Usui Pass that been released couple days ago. Just wanna let u guys know that my next release will be Irohazaka (いろは坂) - Downhill section.
To follow all the progression & works, please LIKE, FOLLOW, SHARE my fb page @projectkaido . Have a nice day ;)
tVGUkny.jpg

its now about 70% done

Haruna 榛名 ( Akina 秋名) is 2nd next. Becoz of its popularity, I feel like it needs a new fresh look & with more accurate elevation data. Still in early development)
*this is new build from scratch. not the old converted one
Gutter run Takumi wannabe
SrdoSXi.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

Quick question regarding the Mazda 787B. What are the filename and DXT settings for helmets, gloves, pitcrew and driver suits, now that it's become official content? I am not including a skin.ini.

Don't know why you wouldn't structure the files properly and use a skin.ini file, but here you go:
Driver Gloves - 2016_gloves_diff.dds
Driver Helmet - Helmet_2012.dds
Driver Suit - 2016_suit_diff.dds
Crew Helmet - Crew_helmet_color.dds
Crew Suit - Driver_suit_2.dds
Crew Gloves - Driver_gloves.dds
Pit sign - AC_crew.dds

• Deleted member 130869

Don't know why you wouldn't structure the files properly and use a skin.ini file, but here you go:
Driver Gloves - 2016_gloves_diff.dds
Driver Helmet - Helmet_2012.dds
Driver Suit - 2016_suit_diff.dds
Crew Helmet - Crew_helmet_color.dds
Crew Suit - Driver_suit_2.dds
Crew Gloves - Driver_gloves.dds
Pit sign - AC_crew.dds

Because there's no need to create additional steps for folders when the textures are very specific and will only be used once. I've done it for other cars I created and it was not beneficial. That out of the way, thanks for the file names :thumbsup:. Now I have to remember which ones I used to set as DXT5 and DXT1, it feels like it's been so many years.

Because there's no need to create additional steps for folders when the textures are very specific and will only be used once. I've done it for other cars I created and it was not beneficial. That out of the way, thanks for the file names :thumbsup:. Now I have to remember which ones I used to set as DXT5 and DXT1, it feels like it's been so many years.

Driver Gloves - 2016_gloves_diff.dds -> DXT 5 - 1 mip map
Driver Helmet - Helmet_2012.dds -> DXT 5 or DXT1 (no alpha channel) - 1 mip map
Driver Suit - 2016_suit_diff.dds -> DXT 5 - 1 mip map
Crew Helmet - Crew_helmet_color.dds -> DXT 5 or DXT1 (no alpha channel) - 1 mip map
Crew Suit - Driver_suit_2.dds -> DXT 5 - 1 mip map
Crew Gloves - Driver_gloves.dds -> DXT 5 - 1 mip map
Pit sign - AC_crew.dds -> DXT 5 or DXT1 (no alpha channel) - 1 mip map

If you dislike the quality loss through the DXT compression, simply use the 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.8 (no aplha channel) format.
___
edit: updated some entries....

Last edited:
No. No way. I freaking love that track. Once I found it for race07 it was basically all I drove...
Have been waiting for someone to convert it for automobilista

You have made me a very very happy man.

Wow ! Thats incredible news @Fat-Alfie I would blame you for starting too much projects now, but you just choose one of the best tracks now IMO, very nice ! It is like if some pro car modeler would come up with Jaguar D-type or something like that, this is equivalent.

I have to say that you have been moving towards this track progressively for some time, Deutschland Ring and Blattenberg ring are similar type.

Awesome news, similar hype level like from Kunos Laguna Seca recent announcment.

Good Luck !

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 141 57.6%