Cars The Need For Speed

I think it's time that i ask this one thing that worries me. Will the driver be the old timer model or a modern one like the current nfs models from you? I get that this one's open top and all that but it'd really break the immersion if this had a different driver than the rest of the pack.

I think it's time that i ask this one thing that worries me. Will the driver be the old timer model or a modern one like the current nfs models from you? I get that this one's open top and all that but it'd really break the immersion if this had a different driver than the rest of the pack.
Hey, whaaaaat? The old timey dude looks amazing in the Viper! :D

Hey, whaaaaat? The old timey dude looks amazing in the Viper! :D

Well as you can see there are different point of views and both valid, but to be honest I'm still not sure which to use, I'll give it more thought before releasing.

There's a driver without helmet here on RD, it would suit nicely with this pack. Just saying :whistling:

And it's awesome and my first thought, but nobody bothered in doing new skins for the faces and I'm not going to spend time painting a different face for each skin. Having the exact same guy driving all the cars would look silly.

Wasn't there going to be custom sounds done by Amplified?
Promises, promises... :(

Well, just look at Steve McQueen that @luathas made. It's far from fake. And he did a couple more. I think we should ask him to release them.
Edit
Just a quick screen I found:
Screenshot_55.png

Last edited:
Helmeted drivers in road cars look out of place and pretty silly IMHO. I'm so glad this exists:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driver-workshop-templates.17825/update?update=31639
I agree about there not being any faces made. Still, having all the same faces looks better then a helmet on a public road.

Ben Collins looks pretty good, but I wouldn't agree on same driver for all cars would look good, it'd be bizarre and totally kill the immersion.

Helmet in a road car is better to my opinion, look more like track days or so, at least you can imagine different faces underneath.

Ben Collins looks pretty good, but I wouldn't agree on same driver for all cars would look good, it'd be bizarre and totally kill the immersion.

Helmet in a road car is better to my opinion, look more like track days or so, at least you can imagine different faces underneath.
I like the 70 or 80s driver as it is more realistic than the modern helmet driver

GOD F**KING DAMNIT why did aphidgod have to quit? :(

I already knew the car is a visual masterpiece but the physics are just sooooo fun. I sat in front of the pc at about 11:30 am and now it's 12:39 pm. And all i did was driving this car. Such joy. Thank you @aphidgod It may not be the best looking car out of the nfs pack but it sure is the best feeling one.

GOD F**KING DAMNIT why did aphidgod have to quit? :(

I already knew the car is a visual masterpiece but the physics are just sooooo fun. I sat in front of the pc at about 11:30 am and now it's 12:39 pm. And all i did was driving this car. Such joy. Thank you @aphidgod It may not be the best looking car out of the nfs pack but it sure is the best feeling one.

The car is stunning, what a great job by these guys ! :thumbsup:

Now you can rest without us bothering you every day. :laugh: Thank you so much for all the work you've put in, and for sharing it with us. Thanks to you and Aphigod I can now drive the car I've always had some sort of unnerving obsession with in Assetto Corsa. I'm going overboard with this, I know. I'm just happy. :p

a3drViper.jpg

a3drViper2.jpg

Last edited:
I was planning on working on my car today as it's been off the road for too long, let the dog out and oh look, it's raining, damn.

Hop on to RD and OH GOD THE VIPER IS HERE! That's my day sorted then!

Thank you so much @A3DR and @aphidgod (and any others) for your efforts, it's been entertaining enough just watching the model progress!

Now, hand me my Oculus! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back